• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

misselling and the fos

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: misselling and the fos

hi guys just been reading some info about the ppi fine of cap 1 apparently the fine is between jan 05 and 2006 the fsa did,nt start regulating cap 1,s insurance arm until jan 15th 2005 i was sold my ppi in november 04 do you think i might slip in with a claim with fos rules being as they are within 1-2 months of the fine i know the fos looks at what is "fair and reasonable" and even though the fsa wasn,t regulating the ppi side quite that early wouid it have been fair to assume that if the fsa had been regulating ppi earlier cap 1,s fine wouid have taken 2004 into account as well does any of that make any sense or am i babbling i just want to pin something on these clowns,especially if i was indeed missold i think with the fos and there "fair and reasonable" stance i might creep in there the more points i can make stick the better,or am i being a bit hopefull?

Comment

useful post ppi i,ll try to get a claim through, i,m going to put it in to the fos and give it a go all it,s going to cost me is time and a very very long wait,dare nothing and win nothing as they say but good points,very well put,cheers
      But remember, the longer it takes the more it costs them in statutory interest
      ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
      hi guys just been reading some info about the ppi fine of cap 1 apparently the fine is between jan 05 and 2006 the fsa did,nt start regulating cap 1,s insurance arm until jan 15th 2005 i was sold my ppi in november 04 do you think i might slip in with a claim with fos rules being as they are within 1-2 months of the fine i know the fos looks at what is "fair and reasonable" and even though the fsa wasn,t regulating the ppi side quite that early wouid it have been fair to assume that if the fsa had been regulating ppi earlier cap 1,s fine wouid have taken 2004 into account as well does any of that make any sense or am i babbling i just want to pin something on these clowns,especially if i was indeed missold i think with the fos and there "fair and reasonable" stance i might creep in there the more points i can make stick the better,or am i being a bit hopefull?
      Best person to answer that is PPItechexp I would send him a PM and ask him
      Last edited by pompeyfaith; 10th February 2011, 13:08:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
      If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

In response to the OP, the FOS appear to be processing my complaint regarding Egg without any discernible difference. Its woefully slow and they have been looking into it for 9 months already anyway but I gather this is normal for the FOS with PPI cases anyway. I have just received a letter from the FOS who are still chasing Egg, so seems like business as usual.
        sigpicNo one expects a Chronic Hysteresis

Comment

what do you think out of curiosity is the main quoted reason for misselling, this isn,t a question and answer session,i,m just curious

Comment

In no particular order:-

When loans were taken out consumers were told that their applications would be refused if they did not also buy a PPI policy.

Consumers were not asked if they had adequate insurance cover through a separate income protection policy.

Consumers did not need the PPI as their employers provided generous support.

The costs of PPI were not included in the quoted interest rate of most loans.

A lot of people were self-employed or not working at all and couldn't claim.

However, I think the biggest cause for claims is that the terms and conditions of the policies (ie what they would/wouldn't pay out for) were never explained to consumers at the point of sale.
            Last edited by MEGLOS; 10th February 2011, 14:38:PM.

Comment

1 You were not in work or self employed at the time of sale

2 You were told that you had to take the PPI out at the same time as the loan or not at all

3 You were not asked whether you had any other insurance which would cover the loan

4 You were not told you could buy PPI elsewhere to cover the loan

5 You were sold a policy which had age restrictions which you fell outside of

6 You were led to believe that Payment Protection Insurance was compulsory

7 You were told that you would stand more chance of getting the loan if you took the Payment Protection Insurance

8 It was not explained to you that there were certain exclusions within the policy that could affect you

9 You were pressured into buying the PPI

10 You paid upfront for the PPI but it was not explained that there were some PPI policies where you could pay monthly

11 Your PPI was an upfront premium and you repaid the loan early and received no refund

12 You increased your loan and the PPI was increased automatically

13 The Terms & Conditions of the small print were not fully explained to you

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MEGLOS View Post
                In no particular order:-

When loans were taken out consumers were told that their applications would be refused if they did not also buy a PPI policy.

Consumers were not asked if they had adequate insurance cover through a separate income protection policy.

Consumers did not need the PPI as their employers provided generous support.

The costs of PPI were not included in the quoted interest rate of most loans.

A lot of people were self-employed or not working at all and couldn't claim.

However, I think the biggest cause for claims is that the terms and conditions of the policies (ie what they would/wouldn't pay out for) were never explained to consumers at the point of sale.
                thats great meglos well i fit two of those reasons

Comment

Out of curiosity, which 2 do you fit?

Comment

Originally posted by MEGLOS View Post
                    Out of curiosity, which 2 do you fit?
                    point 2 and 3,the bank never bothered finding out if i had other insurance/employer package

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
                      1 You were not in work or self employed at the time of sale

2 You were told that you had to take the PPI out at the same time as the loan or not at all

3 You were not asked whether you had any other insurance which would cover the loan

4 You were not told you could buy PPI elsewhere to cover the loan

5 You were sold a policy which had age restrictions which you fell outside of

6 You were led to believe that Payment Protection Insurance was compulsory

7 You were told that you would stand more chance of getting the loan if you took the Payment Protection Insurance

8 It was not explained to you that there were certain exclusions within the policy that could affect you

9 You were pressured into buying the PPI

10 You paid upfront for the PPI but it was not explained that there were some PPI policies where you could pay monthly

11 Your PPI was an upfront premium and you repaid the loan early and received no refund

12 You increased your loan and the PPI was increased automatically

13 The Terms & Conditions of the small print were not fully explained to you
                      as always p.f spot on that takes it up to 4, i,ve think i,ve got a better chance with the fos than with the cmc on that one (cap 1) have you got your cheque yet partner?

Comment

No yet cappo but on checking today my on-line accounts have been closed as requested so a cheque is imminent

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
                          No yet cappo but on checking today my on-line accounts have been closed as requested so a cheque is imminent
                          top man

Comment

hopefully the ppi claims at the fos will be moving forward soon, now read di,s previous post re workload of the fos i shouid think looking at the fos news the fos are processing massive numbers of ppi complaints at the moment,as has been stated before on other posts the banks have done this to put a massive spanner in the works,unfortunately it looks like there ploy is working at the moment.

Comment

hi guys i don,t know what to do regarding these cases of missold ppi. At the moment my cmc company seems absolutely useless, slow and spineless,i,m so frustrated at the moment, the cmc issued "a final letter before action" letter in december 10,now they seem to be squirming and erring on the side of caution, i know how p.f feels with his claim taking 2.5 years they,ve been looking at mine for 3 years i,ve now got a letter stating that hsbc has put my claim on hold(surprise surprise) and rbs, i,ve unfortunately signed a contract with them (cmc) so i either pay or play, i,m quite cheesed off with it all at the moment,fos isn,t a serious option at the moment anyway i had these clowns refered to me from a dmc i was with at the time, i wish i had,nt bothered now, torn them off a strip via email in reply to my letter from them today so we,ll probably be parting company monday.

Comment

i apologise for the negativity of my last post,unfortunately i can,t seem to delete it.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X