• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

misselling and the fos

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: misselling and the fos

Just had an answer re two accounts that FOS have had.
    They are both Bank of Scotland one, theres and the other Salisbury's, both mishandled and both done via post/phone at least six years ago now.
    I did not get any notice of default with the bank of Scotland card and it was "sold" to Cabot two years ago, they continued, until recently to add charges to this and I have now been paying them a small amount each month, however FOS say they cannot uphold the ppi complaint, they did not mention Cabot at all.
    They also cannot up-hold the Sainsbury card even though Bank of Scotland for about five months got them mixed up.Now what?
    Never give up, Never surrender.

Comment

Originally posted by dogtired View Post
      They are both Bank of Scotland one, theres and the other Salisbury's, both mishandled and both done via post/phone at least six years ago now.
      I did not get any notice of default with the bank of Scotland card and it was "sold" to Cabot two years ago, they continued, until recently to add charges to this and I have now been paying them a small amount each month, however FOS say they cannot uphold the ppi complaint, they did not mention Cabot at all.
      They also cannot up-hold the Sainsbury card even though Bank of Scotland for about five months got them mixed up.Now what?
      sorry to hear that dogtired,thats a shame where are you going to go now,have you considered MCOL there,s been a lot of success with them in the past,you have still got other avenues including a higher adjudication at the fos,keep on going until there,s no other avenues left.

Comment

Originally posted by cappo View Post
        sorry to hear that dogtired,thats a shame where are you going to go now,have you considered MCOL there,s been a lot of success with them in the past,you have still got other avenues including a higher adjudication at the fos,keep on going until there,s no other avenues left.

sorry for my Ignorence but who are MCOL?
        Last edited by dogtired; 14th February 2011, 07:30:AM. Reason: spelling!

Comment

money claims on line which is a court process for issuing a claim
          If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

sorry for my Ignorence but who are MCOL?
            try it dogtired it doesn,t sound as if you have anything to lose sorry i did,nt reply to your post and that p,f had to respond,i,ve not been on here for a day or so,i know a few guys had some success over on the ms.com website(martin lewis) i,m sure the guys on here wouid have a good idea on how to proceed although as p.f states there online so:beagle: put a search in online see where it takes you.

Comment

Originally posted by cappo View Post
              try it dogtired it doesn,t sound as if you have anything to lose sorry i did,nt reply to your post and that p,f had to respond,i,ve not been on here for a day or so,i know a few guys had some success over on the ms.com website(martin lewis) i,m sure the guys on here wouid have a good idea on how to proceed although as p.f states there online so:beagle: put a search in online see where it takes you.
              Thank you, I did look it up via Google and have saved it just in case.
              I e-mailed the adjudicator at FOS yesterday and she replied saying she was seeking further advice re the one sold to Cabot and that I
              I have the right to appeal anyway which is what i did.
              Thanks again
              Dogtired:beagle:

Comment

Thank you, I did look it up via Google and have saved it just in case.
                I e-mailed the adjudicator at FOS yesterday and she replied saying she was seeking further advice re the one sold to Cabot and that I
                I have the right to appeal anyway which is what i did.
                Thanks again
                Dogtired:beagle:
                i know it,s frustrating isn,t it, but the adjudicator is another string to your bow sometimes the case workers miss something,lets hope thats the case with you the rulings do get overturned and it,s possible something was overlooked.

Comment

the good thing abut the fos is that if you lose you can still go the mcol route or small claims but mcol is cheaper, if you go to court first though you can,t then go through the fos, stick with what your doing and keep us all updated i,ve still got a lot of faith in the fos and they do have there knockers but i still think thats the best route as do the other guys on here, they,ve never let me down.

Comment

Hiya

Would you like me to try to contact PPITech for you?

Comment

I would if I knew who they were (learning fast everyone!)

Comment

I would if I knew who they were (learning fast everyone!)
                        he,s our expert on here,a very helpful person to talk to:beagle:

Comment

Yes please
                          It may be hepful to know that i successfully got ppi back on another claim this was with Halifax (same group) and they wrote the rest of the debt off (ok several years ago I took these out and did not question the addition of this "insurance") I am not looking to get out of what I owe on these now defuct credit cards but to reduce the balances as it will take the rest of my life time to pay them of at the currrant (agreed) rates

Comment

Yes please
                            It may be hepful to know that i successfully got ppi back on another claim this was with Halifax (same group) and they wrote the rest of the debt off (ok several years ago I took these out and did not question the addition of this "insurance") I am not looking to get out of what I owe on these now defuct credit cards but to reduce the balances as it will take the rest of my life time to pay them of at the currrant (agreed) rates
                            i know what your saying dogtired all,s fair in love and war di,s offline i,ll have a scoot around and see if i can find her for you.

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
                              Hiya

Would you like me to try to contact PPITech for you?
                              ive sent di a p.m for you, hopefully she will respond to you the same way,or she might just get ppitech to contact you himself,well done on the reclaims:beagle:

Comment

Hiya

I left a pm for PPI tech yesterday with this link, hopefully he or she will be along sometime later. x

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X