• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

misselling and the fos

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• misselling and the fos

hi all, anyone having any luck with the fos lately re reclaiming missold ppi,a very public thank you to pompey faith for directing me to the new thread starter,cheers p.f
    Tags: None

Re: misselling and the fos

i,m looking for a bit of advice re claims with the fos i never wouid have thought i,d been going down that route,claims management company has decided there,s not enough in it to take the claim via the court route did briefly think about MCOL but i think the fos are ok and they,ve always worked for me.

Comment

Has the claim company decided not to represent you now?
      "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
      (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Originally posted by leclerc View Post
        Has the claim company decided not to represent you now?
        it,s all very strange leclerc they,ve said that they wouid now have to charge me an upfront fee to progress to a court hearing, which there not prepared to do, i think no disrespect to claims companies but i think they want to turn a quick buck for a minimal job, there still doing another 5 but i wouid,nt be surprised if the fos end up doing the lot,unfortunately because i,ve signed an agreement stating if i pull them i have to pay them a fee i,m going to have to leave them there until they(cmc) reject them as it were,i,m fast running out of faith in them now though

Comment

In answer to your question below brought across from Di's PPI thread

thanks p.f you,re a great help to everyone on here have read paulies letter to the lender the only thing that doesn,t state and i,m hoping to lean heavily on is not having been given the option or having been told that i couid buy the insurance elsewhere is this also indeed a misselling point

If it was not explained to you at the point of sale that the PPI cover is optional and NOT a part of the loan/credit card then yes that is a mis-selling point

Glad to see you have your own thread, we can run your claim from here now

To find this thread just goto quick links then subscribed threads and it will be in there.

Regards
          If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
            In answer to your question below brought across from Di's PPI thread

If it was not explained to you at the point of sale that the PPI cover is optional and NOT a part of the loan/credit card then yes that is a mis-selling point
            [/COLOR][/LEFT]
            it was 6 years ago now p.f i applied by filling in an application form and sending it back through the post can,t remember much about it though, think i,ve got them on about 6 points at the moment, i probably filled the tickbox in but like everyone else i did,nt realise this ppi wouid never pay out,i had a stroke and i never claimed it which might be a good thing as i never put a claim in,my family have a rare family chloresterol condition which contributed to the stroke and a hole in my heart i did,nt know about those at that point but cap 1 never even asked me any med questions,i think i,ve got them we,ll have to see.

Comment

I think your best bet to keep costs as low as possible and maximise on any redress paid out is indeed the FOS route.

Now as you are no doubt fully aware the FOS has a backlog this is nothing new and has always been the case, but at least you can be safe in the knowledge that at least 81% of claims are upheld.

It all depends which financial organisation sold you the policies in that some claims will take a relatively short period to resolve because there mis-selling has been catastrophic and others will take longer take my bank the Co-operative that took 2.5 yrs but a result was had.

You give the bank 8 weeks to respond to your complaint then if you get no answer or a deadlock letter you can then had the matter over to the FOS.

Now as your claims have been started by a cmc I think I am right in saying you can go to the FOS now, but what I would do to be sure if that is the case is give the FOS a call .

Good Luck

sigpic

Comment

I think your best bet to keep costs as low as possible and maximise on any redress paid out is indeed the FOS route.

Now as you are no doubt fully aware the FOS has a backlog this is nothing new and has always been the case, but at least you can be safe in the knowledge that at least 81% of claims are upheld.

It all depends which financial organisation sold you the policies in that some claims will take a relatively short period to resolve because there mis-selling has been catastrophic and others will take longer take my bank the Co-operative that took 2.5 yrs but a result was had.

You give the bank 8 weeks to respond to your complaint then if you get no answer or a deadlock letter you can then had the matter over to the FOS.

Now as your claims have been started by a cmc I think I am right in saying you can go to the FOS now, but what I would do to be sure if that is the case is give the FOS a call .

Good Luck
                yes it,s fine i,ve already been in touch,cap 1 have given me a final response(naff off) so i,m good to go, dare nothing win nothing or as del trotter used to say who dares wins.

Comment

i had a stroke
                  My sincere sympathies to you, I had a stroke too in April 1991 at the age of 27 well actually I had an SAH and the open surgery caused the stroke.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subarachnoid_hemorrhage

That was the bases of my claim.

You need to make this clear to the FOS as your claim can be fast tracked.

If there is any help and/or advice I can give you regarding your stroke just shout

sigpic

Comment

My sincere sympathies to you, I had a stroke to in April 1991 at the age of 27 well actually I had an SAH and the open surgery caused the stroke.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subarachnoid_hemorrhage

That was the bases of my claim.

You need to make this clear to the FOS as your claim can be fast tracked.

If there is any help and/or advice I can give you regarding your stroke just shout
                    thanks my man your a star

Comment

Your Welcome.

It is ironic that since my stroke I have always been steadfast which was not the case before lol maybe that is a good thing because I would not have been able to bring my claim though 2.5 yrs.

Now that I have seen the fruits of that success it is time to move on and help others.

sigpic

Comment

Your Welcome.

It is ironic that since my stroke I have always been steadfast which was not the case before lol maybe that is a good thing because I would not have been able to bring my claim though 2.5 yrs.

Now that I have seen the fruits of that success it is time to move on and help others.
                        that is a long time and i think with that amount of time you deserve the fruits of your labour

Comment

i think i,ve got a pretty good case of misselling and of course with the fsa fine of capital 1 for misselling now i,m hoping that,s going to help my claim a bit, i,ve cancelled the ppi now on the card as you,ve all advised nearly filled in the fos forms including the questionare just waiting for a few bits and bobs from the cmc and i shouid be able to proceed

Comment

Originally posted by cappo View Post
                            it was 6 years ago now p.f i applied by filling in an application form and sending it back through the post can,t remember much about it though, think i,ve got them on about 6 points at the moment, i probably filled the tickbox in but like everyone else i did,nt realise this ppi wouid never pay out,i had a stroke and i never claimed it which might be a good thing as i never put a claim in,my family have a rare family chloresterol condition which contributed to the stroke and a hole in my heart i did,nt know about those at that point but cap 1 never even asked me any med questions,i think i,ve got them we,ll have to see.
                            Hi There

If you applied via the post, and did not have any contact with the company involved this wil be a non advised sale. what this means is that the bank did not need to ensure that the policy was suitable for you, but only had to show that they gave you enough informaiton to enable you to make an informed decision. Therefore, if the documentation you were given shows that pre existing medical conditions were excluded in enough detail then that isnt likely to be a viable arguement.

In relaiton to the optionailty, if you ticked the tick box then you cannotuse optionality as an arguement as you had the option not to tick the box but chose to do it without being prompted by anybody else.

I just want to point out to the group that the brokers did not need to tell you that you could get a better policy elsewhere. Its the same as going into currys and buying a tv for 500 quid, and then complaining because they did not tell you at the point of sale you could buy it form comet for 350.

I hope some of this is of help.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by PPItechexp View Post
                              Hi There

If you applied via the post, and did not have any contact with the company involved this wil be a non advised sale. what this means is that the bank did not need to ensure that the policy was suitable for you, but only had to show that they gave you enough informaiton to enable you to make an informed decision. Therefore, if the documentation you were given shows that pre existing medical conditions were excluded in enough detail then that isnt likely to be a viable arguement.

In relaiton to the optionailty, if you ticked the tick box then you cannotuse optionality as an arguement as you had the option not to tick the box but chose to do it without being prompted by anybody else.

I just want to point out to the group that the brokers did not need to tell you that you could get a better policy elsewhere. Its the same as going into currys and buying a tv for 500 quid, and then complaining because they did not tell you at the point of sale you could buy it form comet for 350.

I hope some of this is of help.

Cheers
                              useful post ppi i,ll try to get a claim through, i,m going to put it in to the fos and give it a go all it,s going to cost me is time and a very very long wait,dare nothing and win nothing as they say but good points,very well put,cheers

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X