• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Latest updates on PPI Judicial Review and claims on hold

that 100% george...? has it appeared on listings yet please

Comment

So that is next Weds then?

That is cool George, we look forward to hearing from you, thanks so much for that.

Comment

Confirmed that Judgement is being handed down at 10 am next Wednesday. Too early currently for the allocation of a court number but that can be confirmed next week.
        "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
        (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Thank you George and Leclerc.
          If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

We know, MSE Knows but CAG nope they way behind love it

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
              We know, MSE Knows but CAG nope they way behind love it
              They know cos I emailed their admin so they would tell their users(about an hour ago).

Comment

Just praying that after this agonising waiting that it goes in our favour, I have butterflies just thinking about it!

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
                  Just praying that after this agonising waiting that it goes in our favour, I have butterflies just thinking about it!

i,m retaining an optimistic hopefully not unrealistic view in that tell me if i,m wrong guys but if duncan words this correctly and he (don,t ask me how) prevents the banks from appealling if they lose this, couid all be over in a very short time i think this is one of those decisions though that couid go either way.

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post

You and me both! You and me both!

I have a concern though.

When hopefully the decision goes in favour of us the law abiding, tax paying, bank owning customer and the banks choose to appeal.

Can the banks still justify putting complaints on hold? Surely not. Surely they still can't put complaints on hold during any appeal? Who am I trying to kid? Course they can and will.

When they lose this case (yes I am that bloody confident!) yes let them appeal however please do the humane and decent thing Mr Banker. Do not put complaints on hold during any appeal. Do you not think you've caused us the paying customer who own the bloody banks enough misery and stress to last us a lifetime? So Mr Banker, buck up, acknowledge you lost because of your inferior arguement, put your appeal in but in the meantime pay us our bloody money back!

If the decision goes against the banks, what real chance have they of an appeal ruling in their favour?

Comment

Originally posted by SoapyBubbles View Post
                      You and me both! You and me both!

I have a concern though.

When hopefully the decision goes in favour of us the law abiding, tax paying, bank owning customer and the banks choose to appeal.

Can the banks still justify putting complaints on hold? Surely not. Surely they still can't put complaints on hold during any appeal? Who am I trying to kid? Course they can and will.

When they lose this case (yes I am that bloody confident!) yes let them appeal however please do the humane and decent thing Mr Banker. Do not put complaints on hold during any appeal. Do you not think you've caused us the paying customer who own the bloody banks enough misery and stress to last us a lifetime? So Mr Banker, buck up, acknowledge you lost because of your inferior arguement, put your appeal in but in the meantime pay us our bloody money back!

If the decision goes against the banks, what real chance have they of an appeal ruling in their favour?

Well said SoapyBubbles!

I am keeping an open mind, a part of me is telling me it will be in our favour, but another part I am having my doubts.
                      A sleepness night on the eve of the announcement me thinks, especially to us and everyone who has reclaims on hold due to this!

Comment

I have Woolwich BS, Tesco Card and a couple others to go in which I was going to do this weekend, but ill wait until the end of next week now to see what the Judgement is and the counter arguments to it.
                        ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
                        Greetings Nellie,

Long time no see how are you.

Regards
                        Last edited by pompeyfaith; 15th April 2011, 18:25:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

sigpic

Comment

http://www.postonline.co.uk/post/new...d-fos-decision

ABI disappointed with FOS decision.

The Association of British Insurers has said it is “disappointed” at the Financial Ombudsman Service’s decision to increase its levy on firms.

James King, Assistant Director ABI said: “We are pleased that the Financial Ombudsman’s Service has recognised the need for proper governance of its reserves, and that it is committed to achieving 10 per cent of efficiency savings. However, we are disappointed that the FOS has decided to increase the levy on firms rather than use its overdraft to cover any additional costs arising from the PPI judicial review.
                          “The FSA has already said that the majority of PPI complaints should be dealt with by firms meaning that the FOS is unlikely to see a significant reduction in case income. This leads us to question whether this increase is really required at this time.”

Read more: http://www.postonline.co.uk/post/new...#ixzz1JdMsfRJm
                          Post - Insurance news for the UK. Subscribe now.

Comment

I would keep your eye on Sky News over the next few days. Mark Kleinman has been pretty good with regards to getting important judicial news as he did(unfortunately with the bank charges case).
                            ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
                            Originally posted by leclerc View Post
                            They know cos I emailed their admin so they would tell their users(about an hour ago).
                            And until one of their users posted up that there was a judgement about an hour ago, they completely ignored the email. Thankfully, MSE Forum team did respond within about 10 minutes of the email being sent so I guess some forums are interested in the decision and others aren't that fussed.....c'est la vie(I have just got back from work so if you think that is harsh, it is made whilst I am tired).
                            Last edited by leclerc; 15th April 2011, 23:56:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

She's not wrong:
                              http://ppi-mis-selling.co.uk/index.php/archives/117

Comment

Just a reminder in case anyone asks about appeal and why it has taken so long to make the first decision
                                Legal Beagles Consumer Forum - View Single Post - Latest updates on PPI Judicial Review and claims on hold

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X