• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Latest updates on PPI Judicial Review and claims on hold

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post

Long time no see how are you.

Regards
    Fine thanks PF..........just very stressed with all this moving house stuff! How're you?

Once we get the JR judgment result hopefully that will be one less thing to worry about though

Comment

Originally posted by nelliewops View Post
      Fine thanks PF..........just very stressed with all this moving house stuff! How're you?

Once we get the JR judgment result hopefully that will be one less thing to worry about though

Hi hun
      Wishing you all the best on the move XX
      Yes that is right, roll on for next Weds, and keeping an open mind on the verdict. Xxx

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
        Hi hun
        Wishing you all the best on the move XX
        Yes that is right, roll on for next Weds, and keeping an open mind on the verdict. Xxx
        Thanks Di

Yes, even though I've only got one claim left in the pipeline (LTSB loan currently with FOS) I'm keeping everything crossed that this doesn't go the way of the bank charges. I guess from what everyone has said though, that the judgment will only be the beginning of the end rather than the end itself, so we'll all still be in for a much longer wait

Comment

News from 26 March 2011

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/art....html?ITO=1490

High Court PPI case to end but refund struggle will go on.

Judgment in the court case over complaints about payment protection insurance is expected shortly. But whatever the outcome, victims are still expected to face a struggle to get refunds.
          PPI policies were mis-sold in their millions, mainly alongside personal loans, with banks being the biggest culprits as they chased the vast profits built into the deals.
          PPI premiums, occasionally exceeding £10,000, were simply added by lenders to borrowers' loans. Sometimes the PPI, which is supposed to meet borrowers' repayments if they lose their income, has proved useful. But often borrowers were ineligible for the cover or didn't even know they had been sold it.

This led to hundreds of thousands of complaints, many of which were rejected by banks. But complainants who took disputes to the Financial Ombudsman Service usually won.

Read more: Above link.

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
            News from 26 March 2011

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/art....html?ITO=1490

High Court PPI case to end but refund struggle will go on.

Judgment in the court case over complaints about payment protection insurance is expected shortly. But whatever the outcome, victims are still expected to face a struggle to get refunds.
            PPI policies were mis-sold in their millions, mainly alongside personal loans, with banks being the biggest culprits as they chased the vast profits built into the deals.
            PPI premiums, occasionally exceeding £10,000, were simply added by lenders to borrowers' loans. Sometimes the PPI, which is supposed to meet borrowers' repayments if they lose their income, has proved useful. But often borrowers were ineligible for the cover or didn't even know they had been sold it.

This led to hundreds of thousands of complaints, many of which were rejected by banks. But complainants who took disputes to the Financial Ombudsman Service usually won.

Read more: Above link.

any news di re your claims

Comment

No nothing yet unfortunately Cappo :tinysmile_cry_t:, suppose its just a matter of waiting for the outcome of the review in the new coming week.

Comment

Not long now folks...........3 days from today and counting down.
                Anxious yes, like we all are, but with an open mind.

Comment

I hate to speculate but.......

the Halifax used the Judicial Review to put PPI complaints on hold for months.

Then recently they began to send unexpected letters out to customers that had their PPI complaints put on hold that their refunds were NOW being processed even though the decision of the Judicial Review was and still is unknown.

Then within a matter of days (maybe a week) after people began posting about the Halifax's sudden turn around we the public find out that the date for the outcome of the Judicial Review is to be handed down on Wednesday.

Speculative or something more?

Comment

Originally posted by SoapyBubbles View Post
                    I hate to speculate but.......

the Halifax used the Judicial Review to put PPI complaints on hold for months.

Then recently they began to send unexpected letters out to customers that had their PPI complaints put on hold that their refunds were NOW being processed even though the decision of the Judicial Review was and still is unknown.

Then within a matter of days (maybe a week) after people began posting about the Halifax's sudden turn around we the public find out that the date for the outcome of the Judicial Review is to be handed down on Wednesday.

Speculative or something more?

That did enter my mind too Soapybubbles, and someone on MSE had recently received a letter of success after the case was on hold with them for a few months.
                    Food for thought perhaps.

Comment

Hi Di,

I was gonna reply and say surely no bank would pay out now if they thought for one minute that the Judicial Review would work out in their favour.

There again Santander have been processing complaints from the start regardless of the Judicial Review and it's outcome.

Comment

Originally posted by SoapyBubbles View Post
                        Hi Di,

I was gonna reply and say surely no bank would pay out now if they thought for one minute that the Judicial Review would work out in their favour.

There again Santander have been processing complaints from the start regardless of the Judicial Review and it's outcome.
                        Hi hun

Yes I know what you mean, its rather baffling isn't it?

Maybe this is why Halifax are getting on with them because they will have so many to catch up on and so on, yet I do think Lloyds and possibly Barclays will not be in any rush. (that's if it is in our favour).
                        I really don't know what to think to be honest.:tinysmile_hmm_t2:

Comment

I have a feeling if the banks lose, fines will be handed out to the banks who held up complaints Hence why the Halifax have started to redress its consumers i.e damage limitation in that the fsa is likely to take that into consideration when handing out the fines.
                          If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
                            I have a feeling if the banks lose, fines will be handed out to the banks who held up complaints Hence why the Halifax have started to redress its consumers i.e damage limitation in that the fsa is likely to take that into consideration when handing out the fines.

That's a thought PF, and there's now a massive amount of backlog too to get through, so no wonder Halifax are cracking on, lets hope others follow the same course.
                            And afterall, despite the JR, it was said they should have still got on with investigating complaints!

Comment

So,

do we have anyone attending Wednesday to give us the lowdown?

Comment

Another lender getting on board -

Just had sight of an offer from HFC in response to a complaint lodged Feb, whilst HFC never actually notified this particular complaint would be held pending JR result it has previously been both their and HSBC (parent co) policy to put all claims on hold.

Very interesting timing, when combined with H-fax change of heart could this be a positive sign at last????

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X