• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Latest updates on PPI Judicial Review and claims on hold

And PPI policies that are dressed as something else i.e giving it a differant name indeed MBD the world of PPI is not so black and white.
    If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
      I had read on MSE that someone else has success in a reclaim with Halifax (unless its the same poster as here lol) and their case was originally held up with the JR, saying that this poster received the letter today - post number - 12552

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...24031&page=628
      Wasnt me Di, I dont use MSE, I find the content on here much better!!!

Comment

Ok, Ive opted to use a claim company who charge 15% flat fee, which I thought was very reasonable.. I did try to claim myself, but LloydsTSB did not receive ANY of the 4 emails I sent (despite me receiving an auto-reply confirming it had been received), and non of the 2 faxes I sent. So I thought Id leave it to someone who deals with these sort of things to pursue.. bit of laziness on my behalf, but if I get the £1800 back, they are quite welcome to £300!
        I have just posted this on MSE as a warning before the member above goes rushing in, so ill copy my answer here also a reminder to anyone think of going down the CMC route.

DocHants,

Do you research first regarding claims companies do not sign anything until you have read there terms and conditions and finally never ever pay any upfront fees.

15% FLAT RATE FEE may sound good and it is now doubt what draws there custom in, but what exactly are you getting for that not a lot I would imagine.

CMC's are not out there for the kindness of there hearts they are a business like any other and to make profits at any cost to the consumer.

Yes there are some good CMC's out there but you have to do the hardwork to find them.

Good Luck and tread carefully.

FOREWARNED is FOREARMED it is all so easy to say yes over the phone with the pressure you are put under I understand, but this is no differant to anything else so I state again read the T&C's first

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
          I have just posted this on MSE as a warning before the member above goes rushing in, so ill copy my answer here also a reminder to anyone think of going down the CMC route.

DocHants,

Do you research first regarding claims companies do not sign anything until you have read there terms and conditions and finally never ever pay any upfront fees.

15% FLAT RATE FEE may sound good and it is now doubt what draws there custom in, but what exactly are you getting for that not a lot I would imagine.

CMC's are not out there for the kindness of there hearts they are a business like any other and to make profits at any cost to the consumer.

Yes there are some good CMC's out there but you have to do the hardwork to find them.

Good Luck and tread carefully.

FOREWARNED is FOREARMED it is all so easy to say yes over the phone with the pressure you are put under I understand, but this is no differant to anything else so I state again read the T&C's first

i agree there are good cmc,s out there but they won,t fight your corner like the fos will and there,s no second opinion, at least with the fos it is a 2 stage process adjudicator and ombudsman so if the adjudicator misses something at least hopefully the ombudsman picks it up also if the cmc gets any resistance whatsoever they will drop the claim and you,ll end up having to go to the fos anyway.:beagle:

Comment

Originally posted by Paul210 View Post
            Wasnt me Di, I dont use MSE, I find the content on here much better!!!

LOL Paul, I gathered that, but its good though that Halifax are starting to get down to these complaints, the more the better I say x

Comment

So let me get this right....

Santander have been processing PPI complaints as normal and have not used the Judicial Review in any way shape or form against customers?

Halifax have and still are using the Judicial Review to put PPI complaints on hold until a final decision has been reached with regards to the Judicial Review. However some people have received the amazing and unexpected news that Halifax are now processing some PPI complaints and offering refunds even though a decision from the Judicial Review seems to be nowhere in sight?

Does the Halifax fear the worse? Do they know something we don't? Or are they being genuine and only processing PPI complaints that actually aren't directly affected by the Judicial Review?

Please God let it be that they know the end is near and hopefully now other banks are going to follow suit!

You hear that Lloyds, MBNA, Barclays, Nationwide, HSBC!

Comment

The opinion is that they are under instructions to process claims as normal... To try and avoid or lessen any fines for not complying to this on massee they are therefore making offers on the smaller cases so they can say that they were still dealing on cases... clearing desks of cases in numbers but making sure they are only paying the little ones out...

Comment

Saves them a few bob in interest too.

sigpic

Comment

Spoke to Listings today who cofirmed no defo date but they were almost certain it will be handed down next week.

Not long to go now people!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Class Act View Post
                      Spoke to Listings today who cofirmed no defo date but they were almost certain it will be handed down next week.

Not long to go now people!!!

That is some good news then....finally , lets hope it will go our way hey?

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
                        That is some good news then....finally , lets hope it will go our way hey?
                        Here's hoping Di, we need it too.

If the Banks get away with this, it will be the biggest swindle in financial history.

Comment

Here's hoping Di, we need it too.

If the Banks get away with this, it will be the biggest swindle in financial history.

You can say that again.

There is something definately so wrong if the banks get away with this one!

Comment

What about bank charges? Seem to recollect they got away with that swindle 'n' all.

The banks may well 'win' this battle simply because they have scared the 'powers that be' into believing that their investments and wealth are at risk if the banks lose.

For example, the bank's bull**** thus far: thousands of insurance jobs to go; dozens of insurers to go under; banks overwhelmed with claims and pressure for more bail outs etc. You can see this coming. Well, I can.

I hope I'm wrong, both personally (because I have PPI claims of my own) and for the principle of justice and fairness at stake here.

Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side

Comment

Originally posted by The Debt Star View Post
                              What about bank charges? Seem to recollect they got away with that swindle 'n' all.

The banks may well 'win' this battle simply because they have scared the 'powers that be' into believing that their investments and wealth are at risk if the banks lose.

For example, the bank's bull**** thus far: thousands of insurance jobs to go; dozens of insurers to go under; banks overwhelmed with claims and pressure for more bail outs etc. You can see this coming. Well, I can.

I hope I'm wrong, both personally (because I have PPI claims of my own) and for the principle of justice and fairness at stake here.

Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side
                              Whilst I agree with everything you have said, i believe this is different in that their own regulator knows they have mis sold, FOS know they have mis sold, WHICH know they have mis sold, CAB knows they have mis sold in fact virtually all parties who have consumers rights at the forefront on their institutions are all saying the same thing.

And if the Banks get away with this, what it means is that the FSA has failed to protect the consumer, not only when they sold the stuff but also in securing redress for the millions who have suffered as a result.

So whilst i agree with your Bank charges, this is different as rules (FSA) have been broken and yet IF they win nobody can do a damn thing about it!

Comment

Sorry not been on for a while judgement will be handed down 20th Aprl - will be going and will keep you all posted !

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X