• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Latest updates on PPI Judicial Review and claims on hold

I should be receiving a letter update from Lloyds within the next 9 days from today.
    They did say by the 16 April or before.

No doubt it will be another letter just to say they are still awaiting the outcome of the JR lol.

Comment

This is from media news 26 March 2011.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/art...=feeds-newsxml

High Court PPI case to end but refund struggle will go on.

Judgment in the court case over complaints about payment protection insurance is expected shortly. But whatever the outcome, victims are still expected to face a struggle to get refunds.
      PPI policies were mis-sold in their millions, mainly alongside personal loans, with banks being the biggest culprits as they chased the vast profits built into the deals.
      PPI premiums, occasionally exceeding £10,000, were simply added by lenders to borrowers' loans. Sometimes the PPI, which is supposed to meet borrowers' repayments if they lose their income, has proved useful. But often borrowers were ineligible for the cover or didn't even know they had been sold it.

This led to hundreds of thousands of complaints, many of which were rejected by banks. But complainants who took disputes to the Financial Ombudsman Service usually won.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/art...#ixzz1IpkOfQ4A

Comment

Originally posted by MBD23 View Post
        2012?
        Christmas 2050 probably

Comment

I've asked before and I'm gonna ask again....

Is there absolutely nothing more Joe Public can do about their claims apart from go to the FOS?

The FOS now has a 1-2 year time limit for complaints to be resolved. They are being absolutely crippled with their workloads and also being crippled financially and yet this is Joe Public's only line of attack?

Yet again we the gullible, law abiding, tax paying and bank bailing customer get **** on again and again from an almighty height!

Comment

No,

if you have a clear cut enough case, it should be reasonably easy to get a no win no fee solicitor to take it to court

(though this would be if you absolutely could not wait for FOS)

Comment

Originally posted by ncf355 View Post
              No,

if you have a clear cut enough case, it should be reasonably easy to get a no win no fee solicitor to take it to court

(though this would be if you absolutely could not wait for FOS)

My father has paid around £15000-£20000 in missold PPI. He is getting no younger and would like to enjoy his retirement. He's worked and paid his taxes all his life. I'm pretty sure an extra £15000-£20000 would help him enjoy his retirement. He really shouldn't have to wait for 2 years for a decision from the FOS. Why should he? It's his money.

So can you please point me in the direction of a no win/no fee solicitor and what way this would work.

Would a no win/no fee solicitor not also be bound and restrained by the Judicial Review?

Comment

good thread guys,very informative

Comment

Originally posted by SoapyBubbles View Post

Would a no win/no fee solicitor not also be bound and restrained by the Judicial Review?
                  Very possibly.

And with a claim above £5000 it wouldn't be held in the small claims court so you would run the risk of having costs awarded against you should you lose.

Additionally there is no guarantee that your case would be heard any quicker than it would take the FOS or the bank - post JR - to deal with.

Comment

Very possibly.

And with a claim above £5000 it wouldn't be held in the small claims court so you would run the risk of having costs awarded against you should you lose.

Additionally there is no guarantee that your case would be heard any quicker than it would take the FOS or the bank - post JR - to deal with.

Just to add regarding the SCC LIMIT this is under review also and could be raised to 10,15 or even £25,000.

Personal I think the limit should be £25,000 after it is this level that the CCA is set at.

Not sure when this is going to come about though so ill have a search about this evening and find more info.

Anyone thinking of going down the court route has been said before but ill say it again as Exc quite rightly says if you claim is over £5,000 it is no longer a SCC case and the costs can be very high so do your homework first lots of it and fully understand what you are about to embark on so legal representation is a must no ifs or buts a must.
                    If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

also you need to be vary careful going down the litigation route as there have been a number of recent cases which have found in favour of the lender, many have been reported on this thread but off the top of my head you want to be loking for the Judge Waksman decission in Speak v Black Horse, also worth checking out Kerry & Kerry v Black Horse and Buckingham and Buckingham v Black Horse

http://www.integrity-debt-solutions....se-ppi-claims/

http://www.lexology.com/library/deta...d-9a3d14c96180

http://www.lexology.com/library/deta...6-5e1233356cd3

Comment

Grrr just wish there was something more I could do (sooner rather than later) to try and wipe the smiles of the banks!

They really are taking liberties and it looks like we the tax payer and bank bailing customer have no one or nowhere to turn to for help.

Comment

Grrr just wish there was something more I could do (sooner rather than later) to try and wipe the smiles of the banks!

They really are taking liberties and it looks like we the tax payer and bank bailing customer have no one or nowhere to turn to for help.

Agreed!

Comment

a couple of A bombs wouid be a good place to start

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post

Just to add regarding the SCC LIMIT this is under review also and could be raised to 10,15 or even £25,000.

Personal I think the limit should be £25,000 after it is this level that the CCA is set at.

Not sure when this is going to come about though so ill have a search about this evening and find more info.

Anyone thinking of going down the court route has been said before but ill say it again as Exc quite rightly says if you claim is over £5,000 it is no longer a SCC case and the costs can be very high so do your homework first lots of it and fully understand what you are about to embark on so legal representation is a must no ifs or buts a must.
                              I completely agree with whats said here that any litigation needs to VERY carefully considered

However, it is very much worth getting the opinion of a No Win/No Fee Solicitor/Barrister (one that can demonstrate experience in credit/consumer contract law)

I had a case a few months ago (credit related but not PPI) and achieved agreement for a No Win/No Fee approach from the Solicitor and Barrister (both of whom are well reported within a major credit case) and also managed to obtain insurance against the other sides costs due to the obvious confidence in the result

With no surprise, the other side backed down (the only surprising part was how far from a hearing they backed out) and it was quite a learning experience to see how the Solicitor played the leneder at their own game in a cool, carefully considered manner

I have actually taken several lenders to court on CCA related issues back in the old days (around 2005/2006) and saw considerable success with only one loss that didnt actually reach court but we agreed terms

Some of the terms they were willing to settle back then truly amazed me, but obviously as time has moved on and we have seen more and more CCA cases they have upped their game due to the number of debtors and amounts involved

However, it was still interesting to see how the real pro's do it and made me realise quite how lucky I had been

Again, I reiterate that I wholeheartedly agree that litigation is not a route to take lightly, but is worth getting a considered, professional opinion

To be clear, I am talking about a Direct Access Barrister that advertises PPI/CCA no win no fee, or a Solicitor

Comment

Also check whether you have legal expenses cover on any insurance policies you may have and see if they will cover such a case.
                                If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X