• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PPI and Court

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: PPI and Court

Originally posted by Bill-K View Post
    Marshy & Turbo - You sure seem to work well together, though
    Good stuff, guys.
    We have a bit of history supporting each other in a particular conflict in another place
    Last edited by Turboman; 3rd October 2010, 17:32:PM.

Comment

Bill you are very welcome it is indeed dispite the greedy world we live in today nice to know such kind people are still out there i really do not know which way i would have turned on this because i have dug myself a great big hole and was struggling to get out
      If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

I say this is becoming quite a riveting thread, and one that fellow members I'm sure will find very useful.

PF
        ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
        Marshallka,

For you,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=in8dEG0bZKQ
        And one for Turbo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VXc2eZtPN0
        Last edited by pompeyfaith; 3rd October 2010, 19:02:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

sigpic

Comment

Marshallka, Turboman,

This is fitting to the pair of you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04854XqcfCY

PF

sigpic

Comment

I don't think it will long now PF until Turbo can let you know what some of the redress's are and we are not asleep on this. Just working away in the background. (well Turbo is and I have been lol). Thanks for the tunes, I just hope you get some peace Pompeyfaith soon.

xxxxx

Comment

Thank You all

nd we are not asleep on this
              Did not think you were quite the opposite.

Thanks for the tunes
              You are welcome just something to focus on elsewhere.

PF

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
                Thank You all

Did not think you were quite the opposite.

You are welcome just something to focus on elsewhere.

PF
                I am going to focus on the inside of my eyelids now PF. Have switched off my desk top so don't know if Turbo has emailed (cannot reach it on here) but have to be up early for insulin lol.

I will try and post up the information I had from them when I asked for a SAR. They actually ignored my request too at first and sent all the statements with Bank Charges on. I then wrote back and I got another letter from them stating they needed to know exactly what I wanted. I had told them everything they hold on me. They then sent all the papers with phone calls on and notes and codes and a list of codes used and also the agreements and settlement statements for each one. I had one loan going back to 1997 (I had the agreement) and they did not. I asked for a redress on that one and they refused as they said that although I had a copy of it (they did not) the actual loan could have not been taken out maybe and unless I had a copy of the settlement and when I settled then they would not redress. They did state that IF I had got this they would consider it also. I didn't have it so I settled for the others.

Like i say i will post up tomorrow.

xx

Comment

but have to be up early for insulin lol.
                  Indeed Border Collies Rule !!!!!

Ok Thank You now I think you Collie needs your attention.

Take Care

PF
                  They actually ignored my request too at first
                  Not only did they ignore my first request, they sent the chq back and said that I did not request a SAR.

The first loan in 1999 they originally said they hold no documentation for it so could not redress so I sent a second request to another co-op address and an employee made a mistake in there eyes and sent it out.

they then said no redress because no prove of payments made lol so a return letter from me stated if no payments were made on this first loan you would not have given me a further 8 loans as I would of defaulted and furthermore all my payments are made from my co-op current account which was opened as a condition of the loan and you take the money from this account via DD whether the funds are there or not.

Yup I blew them right out of the water on that point lol

So progress has been made just need to get the settlements out of them now.

PF

Marsellka Here is a treat for you my babe Ella Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!
                  Last edited by pompeyfaith; 3rd October 2010, 21:49:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

sigpic

Comment

Just to let you all know some of the extra stuff we discuss besides the numbers

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Marshy

So-do you think the following is correct?
                    For Loans1-9 did you get the revised number of payments from the letter to enter into calculator:
                    19/16/12/14/8/2/6/12/??

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Turbo

The two you have done are EXACTLY correct. I posted the redress of this loan number 5 (84) WAS correct yesterday and it is. I have also worked this one back in the bank charges calculator and it works out at £1018 with the stat interest and their figure of £698 (or £694 as they put) was correct (then they added the interest). They have however offered a little more (but they were right on this one before) so I think we have cracked it and got to the same total eventually. I had not read the LOAN 5 v2 before I sent the last email so scrap what I said cause we are now spot on together. Apologies at my being 100% wrong will gladly be accepted lol.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Marshy

You weren’t wrong-it was me cos Bill had muddled up the SS since Nelliepops, with trying to some clever”dynamic Apportionment” automatically for the last line

Ps Our SS are exactly like the Bank Calculators in all the sites in how we calculate 8% (the banks sometimes vary slightly in whether they assume 365/365.25/366 days in a year— but its simply Amount x no of days since paid x (8%/365) (sometimes people use .00022 from the HMC website also

When this is all over—I would like you to work with me & Bill if you will--& develop our logic further---but if it initially frightens people—then maybe we need to put some intermediate steps in---I’m an Excel expert—Bill now works like me & understands the interest calcs better than me—perhaps we can go as far as a SS that works things out AND uses Stewart & does Amortization

We like a challenge—but having someone to test it for us who understands the logic & user friendliness will be great

All the work we do is open to everyone—occasionally we lock cells so Joe Public can’t accidently alter formulae—but we don’t “Protect” it

We have separate SS for Welcome Finance who use an odd system (to our advantage)—we conned Welcome into posting their method in Harriet’s threads (PCF or PAG) last 40 posts.
                    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    [/font]
                    Turbo & Bill

Brilliant, I am so pleased that Pompey can get some piece once they send him the statements and settlement figs and maybe it will come about that co-op are correct if they send him proofs of the rebates against the insurance?? I take it he is still going to wait for the SAR til he accepts?

I would love to help you and Bill , Turbo ,but I have no idea of Excel and would not have a clue where to start. I can just about manage a letter on Word and if I go wrong and press something that I should not have done I have to get my kids to help lol.
                    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Marshy

I see on thread that Co-op have also been awkward with you re SAR & denying knowledge of loans—just like PF—they seem a particular bad company

In contrast-we have had excellent co-operation from Halifax,Firstplus & Welcome (Firstplus was hard though as we went for “carry over” from 1 loan to another—not recommended here unless we have the statements)

No probs re Excel etc —as you may have gathered—I know computers & I started work as a programmer in 1963 (yes I’m 66)---(young at heart with Queen)-lol—and know computers inside out & Bill is nearly 60 & compliments me with his knowledge ,common sense & brilliant oratory.

If you can get into Consumer Credit Support (which at the moment doesn’t like my ISP address for some reason)-you will see a thread called “Computer Memories” which is a recollection by a few of us

Me & Bill will coax you thro Excel slowly—it’s a lot easier when you have a particular SS of interest to oneself-rather than learning from scratch

In meantime-I’ll progress onwards for tomorrow with my calculations from the 2010 letter on “No of Payments”

Turbo

Comment

A further FULL SAR (Subject Access Request under Section 7 of the Data Protection Act 1998) of course, must be made; any and all historic data that relates to the account.

'They', will wriggle and squirm.
                      Remind 'them' also about, the Money Laundering Regulations... (HMRC)

Comment

Excellent, Ill knock up a letter in the morning to sent to the FOS via email just to keep them in the know Being as they needed an answer either way by the 4th October.

And send the DSAR off via special delivery in the morning

Soon as I get a reply ill scan it and post up here.

Thank You All.

PF

sigpic

Comment

Post up your DSAR first so Angry Cat & Bill can see it before sending off (I only do sums by the way--lol)

Turbo

Comment

I take it he is still going to wait for the SAR til he accepts?
                            Indeed I am lets get this right before I accept any offers, how do we know those sub totals are correct we will not know that until we have seen the settlements given.

PF
                            Post up your DSAR first so Angry Cat & Bill can see it before sending off (I only do sums by the way--lol)
                            OK 1 MIN
                            Data Controller
                            The Co-operative Bank PLC
                            P.O. BOX 200
                            LEVEL 2
                            DELF HOUSE
                            SOUTHWAY
                            SKELMERSDALE
                            LANCS
                            WN8 6NY 2nd October 2010

Dear Sir/Madam

SAR (Subject Access Request)

Loan Account Numbers 089081 22449872, 80, 81,80, 83, 84, 81, 85, 82 & 83
                            1. I formally request that you forward me a true record of any Data held by your organisation relating to myself for any and all accounts held currently or in the past with your company. This should include, but not be limited to all transaction lists, agreements, Statements, Settlement Figures.
                            2. This request should include any Data held for more than 6 years as under the Data Protection Act there is no time limit for information requested.
                            3. If you do not hold Data for a period longer than 6 years I also request confirmation of this in writing along with your methods used for disposal of such information to comply with the Data Protection Act stating the name and contact information of your registered Data Controller and Code Compliance Officer.
                            I enclose the statutory maximum fee of £10. You have 40 days from receipt of this request in which to return to me the information requested , securely and in legible condition.

Please note that the above address is the one registered with your organisation and which you have previously found to be acceptable.

Yours faithfully,

(signature)

(name)

Right just re wrote it I think this sounds better.

Data Controller
                            The Co-operative Bank PLC
                            P.O. BOX 200
                            LEVEL 2
                            DELF HOUSE
                            SOUTHWAY
                            SKELMERSDALE
                            LANCS
                            WN8 6NY

Date 4TH October 2010

DATA PROTECTION ACT 1998
                            SUBJECT ACCESS REQUEST

Dear Sir/Madam

Account NOs 089081 22449872 80,81,80,83,84,81,85,82 & 83

Please supply me with a complete list of all the following for the 9 Loan Accounts held with you.

PLEASE SUPPLY FULL ACCOUNTABILITY TO THE SAID LOANS AND PPI AND NOT JUST A PRINT OFF OF PAYMENTS MADE AS PREVIOUSLY SUPPLIED TO ME.

1. Full copies of all contracts which you believe exist or have existed between ourselves and your organization, including true copies of any documents you hold in support of the same.

2. All Settlement Figures used when terminating said loans early.

2. A complete list of all transactions or statements relating to ALL of my Loan Accounts with your organization.

3. Copies of all documents which include any of my personal information including copies of any contacts or invoices, emails or computer records containing my personal information, or any records which pertain to this information.

4. Full copies or transcripts of any correspondence in postal, email or any other format which you have entered into with any individual, organization or third party which contains my personal or financial, or which pertains to me.

5. Where any previous information or records held have been deleted or disposed of, the methods used to do so, including dates, certificates or references confirming details of destruction. Where you are unable to provide such certificates, please provide a declaration, signed by an authorised officer of your company, confirming the dates and methods of destruction of this data.

6. Full hard copy print outs of my personal or financial information, held in a digital, magnetic or any other format which is held in any archives, backups or other storage devices / locations.

7. This request should include any Data held for more than 6 years as under the Data Protection Act there is no time limit for information requested.

Please note inaccurate information supplied would be a breach of the money laundering regulations.

If you require the statutory £10 fee for this information please deduct it from my forthcoming claim for mis-sold PPI.

IF YOU UNABLE TO DEAL WITH THIS REQUEST, YOU SHOULD IMMEDIATELY FORWARD IT TO THE PERSON WITHIN YOUR ORGANISATION RESPONSIBLE FOR DATA PROTECTION.

I look forward to hearing from you in the first instance of receipt.

Yours Sincerely

Last edited by pompeyfaith; 3rd October 2010, 22:34:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

sigpic

Comment

Data Protection Register - Entry Details

Registration Number: Z5103801
                              Date Registered: 16 November 2000 Registration Expires: 15 November 2010

Data Controller: THE COOPERATIVE BANK PLC

Address:
                              LEVEL 2
                              DELF HOUSE
                              SOUTHWAY
                              SKELMERSDALE
                              LANCS
                              WN8 6NY
                              Other Names:
                              FIRST CO-OPERATIVE FINANCE
                              MORTGAGE LINK
                              SMILE
                              P W KEARNS SOLICITORS
                              BRITANNIA
                              Never send an important document request to a PO Box number!!!
                              "Any and all historic data"

Also, you will have to make a separate Data Subject Information Request (DSIR)/ Subject Access Request (SAR) to the Payment Protection Insurance (PPI ) provider...(the underwriter of the insurance could be involved)
                              Last edited by Angry Cat; 3rd October 2010, 23:06:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Thanks AC will edit in the morning and prepare another for the underwritters who are nowich union PF

sigpic

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X