• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Arrow global ltd through Blake lapthorn threating court proceedings in 14 days!! Help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Arrow global ltd through Blake lapthorn threating court proceedings in 14 days!!

Thank you very much flaming parrot.

will get that sent of in the morning.............

should i just send it to capital one address of there website ? i have no old paperwork

Jay

Comment

Re: Arrow global ltd through Blake lapthorn threating court proceedings in 14 days!!

Capital One) plc, Trent H Capital One (Europe) plc, Trent House, Station Street, Nottitation Street, N NG2 3FB.

Comment

Capital One Plc.,
        Trent Street,
        Station Street,
        Nottingham,
        NG2 3FB

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
          Capital One Plc.,
          Trent Street,
          Station Street,
          Nottingham,
          NG2 3FB
          Thanks mike

Comment

Just like to say big thanks for everyone
            That's helping me! Very much appreciated.

Got the sar sent of tonight are post office is
            Open till late on Sundays.

If I get a court claim in the meantime
            How fast does the procedure take ? Will
            There be time for the sar information to be
            Received ?

Jay

Comment

Originally posted by jayl6191 View Post
              If I get a court claim in the meantime
              How fast does the procedure take ?
              Will
              There be time for the sar information to be
              Received ?
              Hopefully you won't get a claim, at least not just yet. ray:

You normally have a maximum of 33 days from the date on the claim to submit a defence. It may be possible to get the claimant to agree to an extension of up to 28 days in some cases, but this is not guaranteed. SARs are not often sent once a claim has been issued because they have up to 40 days to respond. When you receive a claim, a Part 18 request can be used to ask for relevant information such as the date of last payment.

Comment

Ok thanks fp
                I will wait and see what there next move is now

Thanks

Comment

Hi everyone.......

so i got the sar sent of on sunday....

today i received another letter from BL saying i have 14 days to respond to there letter which is a "sheet to fill in of all my outgoings"
                  or they will without further notice issue court procedings. so arrow must have informed them they got hold of the CCA allready...

my questions are:

Should i wait till about the 10th day of the letter and inform BL i have requested a SAR as i beleive the alleged debt is stat barred ?
                  and see what there reply is ?

or maybe tell them i know it's stat barred and iam waiting for the proof for them ? see what they say to that.

Or should i not say anything .................

nearlly forgot! ive also emailed noodle credit report, said i think the default date is wrong, or could be stat barred because the last payment was before
                  the default date, told them i have made a SAR request for proof. they have emailed back and said they are investigating...... (hope its not a bad thing)

Thanks for your input on this LB mashappy:
                  Last edited by jayl6191; 11th December 2014, 19:29:PM. Reason: forgot something

Comment

Hi everyone.......

today i received another letter from BL saying i have 14 days to respond to there letter which is a "sheet to fill in of all my outgoings"
                    or they will without further notice issue court procedings. so arrow must have informed them they got hold of the CCA allready...

my questions are:

Should i wait till about the 10th day of the letter and inform BL i have requested a SAR as i beleive the alleged debt is stat barred ?

or maybe tell them i know it's stat barred and iam waiting for the proof for them ? see what they say to that.

nearlly forgot! ive also emailed noodle credit report, said i think the default date is wrong, or could be stat barred because the last payment was before
                    the default date, told them i have made a SAR request for proof. they have emailed back and said they are investigating...... (hope its not a bad thing)

Thanks for your input on this LB mashappy:
                    Bump masred:

Comment

Fill in the outgoings sheet get the SAR information check all the information get your PPI back Late payments and ask for a goodwill gesture to reduce the debt then also contact the Financial Ombudsman service regarding Misselling of the Credit Card as you should never have taken it out and hopefully the debt will be dramatically reduced or even got rid off any other questions I'm happy to help also ask Katie take care.

Comment

Originally Posted by jayl6191
                        Hi everyone.......

my questions are:

Thanks for your input on this LB

Any thoughts on if i should tell BL i beleive its SB and iam waiting for SAR to prove etc...

Comment

Originally posted by sloane82 View Post
                          Fill in the outgoings sheet get the SAR information check all the information get your PPI back Late payments and ask for a goodwill gesture to reduce the debt then also contact the Financial Ombudsman service regarding Misselling of the Credit Card as you should never have taken it out and hopefully the debt will be dramatically reduced or even got rid off any other questions I'm happy to help also ask Katie take care.
                          Presumably this means an income and expenditure sheet, which the OP doesn't have to fill in, only a court can demand this. The OP believes this debt to be SBd, but is not 100% sure, if it is already barred, then nothing can unbar it, however, if it isn't, doing what you describe here would amount to acknowledging the debt and would reset the clock! :scared: :clock: :scared:

I'm sorry but advice like that shouldn't be given lightly, not when people could risk losing 5+ years worth of time counting towards SBd. :nono:

Comment

Hi everyone.......

my questions are:

They have 40 days to respond to a SAR, As we are well into the festive season, I suspect it may take longer than that, due to the number of non-working days at the end of the year. :3560_7606:

Blake Lapthorn DO issue court proceedings, so you should respond to their letter and treat is as a letter before action. This doesn't involve filling in any outgoings form but challenging them to produce the documents they would rely on in court if they were to issue a claim. You could tell them it's SBd but you are not sure and, if it isn't, they could well go ahead and issue a claim, on the other hand, many solicitors have backed down after receiving a letter such as below. Note the paragraph that refers to the CCA request, enter the date where you sent the request to Arrow. I don't think there's any need to mention the SAR on this letter, the idea is to challenge them to produce documents they are not likely to have in their possession.

Dear Sirs,

Ref: xxxxxxxx

Thank you for your letter dated xx/xxxx/2014. As the letter contains a threat of litigation, it is being treated as a formal letter before action. As such, I refer you to paragraph 1 of the Practice Direction Pre-Action Conduct, which states the purpose of such a letter is to “enable the parties to settle the issues between them” and to encourage the parties to “exchange information”.

Paragraph 2.2 (1) of Annex A states you have an obligation to “list the essential documents on which the Claimant intends to rely”. I could not identify such a list in your letter, please list the documents so I can see your case against me and request copies of anything that I may need.

Paragraph 3.2 (3) of Annex A allows me to “request further information to enable me to provide a full response”. My request is a request for documents as the information I require would come from those documents. Paragraph 5.1 of Annex A states that you should “provide the documents requested within as short a period of time as is practicable or explain in writing why the documents will not be provided”.

I require copies of the following:
                            1. The original credit agreement;
                            2. The Default Notice;
                            3. The Termination Notice;
                            4. The Notice of Assignment;
                            5. Statements of account;

These documents would be expected to be supplied if proceedings were issued and would likely be in your possession if you were issuing a claim. If you consider that there is difficulty in providing a copy of a document, please identify that document and the reason. Additionally, there is a duty to supply documents under the Consumer Credit Act 1974. A request has been made under s.78 on xx/xxxx/2014 and I am awaiting a response.

I shall being able to provide you with a full response to your letter within 14 days of receipt of the documents listed above and also reserve the right to refer to the contents of this letter if proceedings are issued without first providing copy documents to me.

Yours sincerely,

Comment

Thanks fp

So while ime waiting for the sar info, ime best saying nothing to BL?

Jay

Comment

Thanks fp

So while ime waiting for the sar info, ime best saying nothing to BL?
                                See my post above, you should respond to BL with a letter challenging them to produce documents as noted. The SAR is a separate matter so you can get YOUR facts straight.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X