• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Flangies v Capital One

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Flangies v Capital One

Yes Flangies, they appear to have credited the £2430.30 direectly to your credit card account, wiping out your balance and leaving you in credit to the tune of £1478.49.

Simplest thing to do is to call Rachel, explain this to her and ask her to reduce the credit balance to zero and transfer direct to your bank account £1478.49 via BACS transfer.

Also, ask her if she has already organised the additional BACS transfer of £228.74 agreed earlier in the week, if she hasnt she can do the two at the same time.
    Push her and say that you must have this in your account by tomorrow.

They do like to drag things out dont they !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Ha ha you aint kidding. I sent her a message this morning asking if she had infact recieved my mail about having all payments put into my account via bacs and NOT a cheques as she said she was arranging......... I then went into my cap one account and saw what they had done!

However I just got this message back form Rachel; so a little confused again
      See below:

Good morning

You should receive two bacs payments.

I had requested a bacs for £228.78 as there had been a cheque requested for £2434.30. However following your request to have your balance paid in full and then a bacs for the remaining amount, you should therefore receive a separate bacs for £1478.49. Your Capital One balance will also be 0.

Please let me know if there are any problems.

Many thanks

Rachel

Confused! is it in cap one account ir going in Bacs? I will send her a mail back now; any suggestions with wording Budgie? youa re good wiht your wording lol

Comment

Sounds like she has now sorted it all.

Perfect

Two payments coming to your bank count by BACS and your credit card account has ( this morning ) been reduced to zero.

No need to email her back other than perhaps to ask her when you should expect to see the BACS payments arrive in your bank account.

I suspect that this might be today or Friday for the £228.78 and Monday for the £1478.49.

If your balance has been reduced to zero and your account has not been closed you could presumably use your credit card for Xmas shopping this weekend.

I will send you my pressie list PMSL:27:

Seriously, let me know when payments are in your account and will help you with letter to Court

Budgie

Comment

Cheers Budgie for everthing;

just dont understand why cap one account is showing as
          current balance - minus £1,478.49?
          and cash available is £1,000

Shall I ask rachel if she putting the two bacs payments into my account?
          As it is still showing as cap one account saying amount is in there??

Comment

It's because at the moment your account is in credit, and will remain so until they have despatched the money to you. As soon as they have sent the money your balance will be zero. Exactly the same happened to me, mine showed I was in credit until the cheque had been sent out.

Its the first rule of accounting, for every debit there has to be a credit. it's got to show somehwere so that they can take it off, otherwise the accounts wouldn't balance.
            Is no longer here

Comment

Thanks Wendy spot on.

Flangies, I suggest the following email to Rachel

"Thank you for your email confirming that you are organising two seperate BACS transfers to my account, one for £228.78 and one for £1478.49 and that you will be adjusting the balance on my account to zero.

Please could you let me know when I should expect to receive the BACS payments to my bank account."

Comment

Wendy & Budgie

Perfect - many thanks for your help.

Budgie; I couldnt of done this without you, so thanks soooooooo much for everything. You are truly a super star!

I will let you know when I have recieved the payments cleared in my bank; so you can help me with my letter to the courts.

x

Comment

WELL DONE!

I suspect you will still have £1k spending limit on your card, I think of late they have made it their policy to allow continued use of the card, thinking about it its the only way they can get their money back off you over time.

Bear that in mind and try to clear any balance at month end...that way you will have your (christmas) cake & eat it.
                  :santa3:
                  The charges coming in to the banking industry every day will more than pay the banks total legal bill for the whole test case so why wouldn’t the Banks want to "ensure Justice at the highest level"

Comment

Robster

Thanks hun.................

Thanks for all the help everyone.

It is much appreciated
                    xxxxxxxx

Comment

Hello

Update; I recieved 1,478.49 i my bank account tis morning, just need to check capone account as I am still missing £228.78 stat 8% interest.

Keepyou posted

Comment

Hello
                        Emailed Rachel to say I hadnt recieved my £228.78; she replied to say she would look into it for me;this was Tuesday and still nothing; so I emailed again yesterday afternoon as a reminder and stated again that I would write the court ONCE I have had this money.

Looks like I will have tp chase again!!

Budgie I can still write the courts if I do not recieve this monies to continue witht he claim cant I?

All advice much appreciated before I spk/email her again tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by Flangies View Post
                          Hello
                          Emailed Rachel to say I hadnt recieved my £228.78; she replied to say she would look into it for me;this was Tuesday and still nothing; so I emailed again yesterday afternoon as a reminder and stated again that I would write the court ONCE I have had this money.

Looks like I will have tp chase again!!

Budgie I can still write the courts if I do not recieve this monies to continue witht he claim cant I?

All advice much appreciated before I spk/email her again tomorrow
                          Basically yes, but I doubt if it will come to that.

A strongly worded letter to the Court, copied to to Capital One will do the trick. Let me know if, by the end of tomorrow, you haven't received either funds in your account, a cheque or an email response from Rachel and I will draft up something for you.

Comment

had reply from Rachel apologising for not getting the payment; she said it had been cancelled for some reason and she has requested another bacs payment....... so will see if I get it tomorrow.

Keep you posted

Comment

looks like they paid the remainder owed straight into my cap one account.

Thats allmonies recieved now.

Budgie can you please helpme draft letter to courts as final outcome.

xx:11:

Comment

Well done flangies, spend it wisely :santa_wink:

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X