• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Flangies v Capital One

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flangies v Capital One

Hello
    Thanks so far for help on this forum; what would people do without it!
    I like many other are clueless to where to even start with claiming these charges.

I have sent the SAR letter to Capital one today with my £10 cheque requesting my data.....
    Can anyone please tell me if they send you the list of your charges? I do have most of my statements but want to make sure I have all info relevant to me.

I look forward to someone reply
    x

Re: Flangies v Capital One

Usually they just send a list of charges, tbh. They are usually quite quick with sending them, from what I remember. How far do your charges go back?

Capital One are relatively easy to get charges back from, although you usually have to file at court, they pay up before it gets to a hearing.
    Is no longer here

Comment

Wendy

Thanks for your prompt reply; I have had my credit card around 2 and half years. Most months I have been late paying or had difficulties; so definitly have many charges.

Ok once I recieve the list of charges; I will add them to the spreadsheet which I have pulled off ready along with the letter. Will they list the charges by date can you remember?

Comment

I think so, yes. I seem to remember just getting what looked like screen prints, with dates of transactions etc. Your charges will probably all be at£12, so they will try to tell you that this is an acceptable amount, to fob you off.
        Is no longer here

Comment

Hello
          I notice that Cap one have cashed my cheque of £10 for my list of charges; so hopefully I will recieve that very soon; so I can get the ball rolling.

Wish me luck!
          x

Comment

Good Luck, but you will be fine with this one

Comment

Thanks hun; I hope so I could do with some money right now! Blinkin Abbey are taking me to the cleaners. I have recently changed my bank account to Nat West basic account and I am going to have my wages paid into there as Abbey are taking half me overdraft away by end June!

Mind you Nat West are taking there time sending my details through

Comment

Originally posted by Flangies View Post
                Thanks hun; I hope so I could do with some money right now! Blinkin Abbey are taking me to the cleaners. I have recently changed my bank account to Nat West basic account and I am going to have my wages paid into there as Abbey are taking half me overdraft away by end June!

Mind you Nat West are taking there time sending my details through

Are you claiming charges back from Abbey?

If you get a knock back with Natwest, but you shouldn't do, there are others.

Comment

Yes I already have a cliam with Abbey from last year; I recieved £895 of the monies; and then sent the usual letter thanks for the interim payment but I am now claiming for the rest; nearly £11,000 with interest. I havent put into court yet though as the OFT case happened at that time. I think I should get the spreadie out and then add all the recent charges to it - what you think? and then put into court?

I have been accepted with Nat West provisionaly and spoke with them regarding what ID they wanted and I was told they didnt need anything etc and just to sign the acceptance form and send in; which I did. that was about 8 days ago; so hopefuly all is well. I did want to get these details before tomorrow to give to my employer for May payroll; but obviously not going to happen this month. However as long as it happens before end June before they swipe the big chunk of my overdraft from me.

Will Abbey accept monthly payments to pay this overdraft off? If I take my business elsewhere will they close my account? take the rest of my overdraft away? I guess its all things i need to think of. Also I have an isa and a savings account with Abbey.............hope they dont close them all?

Agh I worried now lol

Comment

Are you claiming hardship with any of your claims?

Comment

No I dont feel I would be suitable for it to be honest.

Comment

OK Flangie is this you? Flangies V Abbey - Legal Beagles
                        If it is best thing is update this thread with whats going on and you will get more help.

Comment

Yes thank you; I will do that shortly,

Comment

Hello Folks
                            I noticed on 13/05/09 that Cap one cashed my cheque for ten pounds; however I still have not received my statment of charges! is this normal of Cap One to dilly dally?

x

Comment

40 days have started for them to come up with the goods.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X