• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Tempty V Natwest

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well as they are both reclaimable then that must be ok, as long as they can't knock you back for any of your charges and you have informed them you are ammending your claim. Anyway it won't look good for them when you can prove they did not send all your statements as part of your SAR.

Comment

ok this is my letter to mr higley
      I have'nt sent it yet, so coments, amendment suggestions welcome.

Mrs. Tempty
      xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
      xxxxxxxx
      xxxxxxxx
      xxx xxx
      TELxxxxxxxxx
      DATE: 11/06/2007

REF ACCOUNT NUMBER: xxxxxxxx
      SORT CODExxxxx
      CASE REF NUMBERxxxxxxxx

Dear Mr Higley

you are by now aware of my intentions to reclaim bank charges made on the above account over the period of the last 6 years. I am disappointed to say the least that all previous attempts on my behalf to settle this matter in a civil manner were ignored by yourselves. and in fact no communication regarding this mater has been received from you to date!
      I feel this has been very poorly handled on your behalf and that I was left little choice but to take my claim for these charges through the court legal system.

since filling my claim at the court However I have discovered further charges debited from the account that I had not previously included. I shall now of course submit Form N244 to the court to amend the total amount of my claim. The main reason for this failure to submit a full and true total of the charges is Natwest's failure to disclose a full statement list of all charges incurred when requested to do so! I did not receive the requested information in the time slot allocated and twice had to chase the statements by telephone. When I did receive the information I failed to notice that certain pages scattered throughout the bundle were missing!!. Since filling my claim with the courts I received yet another list of statements. These were a full and complete list and contained all previously missing pages. I would like to add at this point that all of the 10 previously missing pages held at least one or more charges!.
      I can only assume that this has been a genuine mistake on behalf of Natwest and not a deliberate attempt to delay any court proceedings.

I trust I shall not receive any difficulties from yourselves in amending this claim given the reason for the amendment.
      I have attached a new detailed and true copy of my schedule of charges for your records and will of course forward a copy to your solicitor Lynsey Burgoyne of Cobbetts LLP

I would also like to take this opportunity to inform you of what I can only describe as a serious breech of conduct on the part of Natwest! Since August last year the only funds to enter my account have been paid in by Tax Credits and Child benefit! It has been brought to my attention that these funds are deemed to be exempt from any bank penalty charges under the Tax credit Act 2002. Please read below

The relevant section from the Tax Credits Act 2002.

45 Inalienability
      (1) Every assignment of or charge on a tax credit, and every agreement to assign or charge a tax credit, is void; and, on the bankruptcy of a person entitled to a tax credit, the entitlement to the tax credit does not pass to any trustee or other person acting on behalf of his creditors.
      (2) In the application of subsection (1) to Scotland-
      (a) the reference to assignment is to assignation ("assign" being construed accordingly), and
      (b) the reference to the bankruptcy of a person is to the sequestration of his estate or the appointment on his estate of a judicial factor under section 41 of the Solicitors (Scotland) Act 1980 (c. 46).

Furthermore I would also note that during the month of April 2007 a total of £498.78 in said benefits was paid into my account and a total of £704.00 was debited out in charges alone!! thus leaving me with no funds available to provide even basic living for my family. During the month of May my account had been passed on to the collections team, And after discussing the matter and of my intention to start court proceedings an artificial overdraft was placed onto my account for a 1 month period in the hope that the matter would be resolved by then. This was then removed on the 31st of may. On the 5th of June I rang the collections department again, as of course the overdraft had been removed and Natwest had again swallowed my child benefit paid into that account that day!! At this point I was informed the collections department could no longer help and was passed through to the lending department. Here I was informed that my only course of action now would be to take out a personal loan with Natwest over a 5 year period!!! (even though the operative was well aware of the fact that monies being taken from the account were Tax Credits) Although I have accepted and agreed to this loan, I feel I was given little other choice.
      I have no personal complaint against the operative, he was polite and curtious and I did genuinely believe at the time that he was recommending what he believed to be a reasonable course of action. Although I can't help feeling that I have been lead into an agreement that under normal circumstances I would not have agreed to accept.
      With this in mind I am prepared to extend an olive branch one final time and would be prepared to except an offer from Natwest for the amount of £5000 paid into my account forthwith.
      In the interest of saving Natwest any further embarrassment by continuing this claim I am prepared to wait a further 48 hours before submitting the N244 form to the court.
      I await you reply with interest

Tempty

Too bolshy? not bolshy enough?? or just an outright are you nut's?? no way you should send that LOL

Comment

the final amount by the way was £5428 So I'm letting them off £428 LOL

Comment

So all in all, they broke the law on the SAR, they broke the law taking charges from benefits and flogged you a loan you should not have need for, if they hadn't broke the law on taking charges and what about the rate of that loan it wasn't the normal 7% ish was it? They make me sick, I would put it in there about the high interest rate of the loan, maybe even what you were paying back monthly!

Comment

Originally posted by Tempty View Post
            the final amount by the way was £5428 So I'm letting them off £428 LOL
            YOU WHAT????????

Comment

Originally posted by enaid View Post
              YOU WHAT????????

Ahhh Enaid I'll "only" do that if they make an offer of £5000 to be paid into my account within 48 hours

LOL I honestly can't see them doing that

Comment

ok have added the payments to it
                60 months @ 39.15
                interest is ...... a staggering 25.1%

ok I feel sick aswell now.

Comment

I think there are loan sharks collecting at your door, that have lower interest rates than that

Comment

I think you could be right there

ok deep breath, have clicked send button. will post hard copy out aswell, should catch post if I hurry

Comment

Did you post it Tempty?
                      Is no longer here

Comment

Originally posted by WendyB View Post
                        Did you post it Tempty?
                        yup, I did indeedy

not gonna hold my breath for a reply though LOL

:o

hehe think those li'l smilies pretty much demonstrate what might happen if I did LOL love the one on the end

Comment

Well postie just been, and no defence recived from coblers, talk about leave it till the last min Lol, Guess they'll be entering it today then!!

nothing in my in box yet from mr higley either, though I did'nt expect there to be one yet (if at all)
                          Lol thinking about it, if the way they've delt with everything else lately is anything to go by! I'll probaly get a reply 2-3 days AFTER my 48hour deadline Lol

Comment

I have to agree Tempty, they always leave everything till the very last minute or some way beyond.

I got my defence literally on the last possible day. But they get away with it???

Good luck with your claim, watching with interest.
                            "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Thanks Celestine

there really are times when I don't think I could do this without all the support. It really does mean alot

I'll keep you posted

Comment

Good luck mate....had some of my own today....
                                Is no longer here

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X