• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lloyds TSB lied and covered it up for years

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pt2537 View Post
    seems to me that there may well be a s140A issue here too. Is the relationship ongoing?
    I still bank with them but only as a Lloyds customer as it was TSB who caused most of this damage but only recently joined Lloyds but the relationship is breaking down rapidly. Also what is an s140a?

Comment

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga...9/section/140A
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thanks again i just found that and then you sent the link. I just spoke to them again and they are insisting the only time they will look at this again is if i get a Solicitors letter sent to them so i am thinking if i get in to it this deep i might as well go to court and seek bigger damages than settle with them as i have a letter admitting they made a mistake blaming human error entering information on to the computers.

Comment

I’d not speak with them again until you have sorted out legal representation and got an opinion on your chances and what route to take, and hopefully they’ll be able to start the legal process off. If they think you have a good prospect of success they might do it on a no win no fee or fixed fee basis. As you’ve seen from the durkin case there is a large risk of costs being awarded against you so I wouldn’t go on a ‘might as well’ feeling.
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
            I’d not speak with them again until you have sorted out legal representation and got an opinion on your chances and what route to take, and hopefully they’ll be able to start the legal process off. If they think you have a good prospect of success they might do it on a no win no fee or fixed fee basis. As you’ve seen from the durkin case there is a large risk of costs being awarded against you so I wouldn’t go on a ‘might as well’ feeling.
            I really am that confident as they are not denying anything their issue is that they want a full explanation and break down of what i think they have done wrong and how their mistake has affected me for all these years rather than it being treated as a complaint any longer they are wanting it treating as a legal matter as more and more things keep getting unearthed every day.

Comment

It might seem like that, but don’t take it for granted. The more you tell them, the more you say without a “Without Prejudice” statement on correspondence, the more you might be handing them ammo to use against you at some point.

Now is the time to just just play the long game, work through things and make the appropriate response once you have everything square away.

I know now it’s hard, but it’s honestly for your own good.
              COMPLETING AN N180 DIRECTIONS QUESTIONNAIRE (SMALL CLAIMS TRACK) GUIDE

My posts here are based on my experience of a variety of life events. I have no formal legal training & if in doubt take professional legal advice or contact CAB. If you follow anything I write here you do so at your own risk & I accept no liability for any loss, costs or other outcomes.

Private messages are disabled as help is only offered publicly. I do not come on here in the evening, at weekends or on public holidays.

Comment

Someone in another thread today described pre action and pre hearing correspondence as a “nasty game of chess.”

That’s a very apt description, don’t reveal anything until you have to and don’t fall into potential traps.
                COMPLETING AN N180 DIRECTIONS QUESTIONNAIRE (SMALL CLAIMS TRACK) GUIDE

My posts here are based on my experience of a variety of life events. I have no formal legal training & if in doubt take professional legal advice or contact CAB. If you follow anything I write here you do so at your own risk & I accept no liability for any loss, costs or other outcomes.

Private messages are disabled as help is only offered publicly. I do not come on here in the evening, at weekends or on public holidays.

Comment

Originally posted by jaguarsuk View Post
                  Someone in another thread today described pre action and pre hearing correspondence as a 'nasty game of chess'.
                  That's a very apt description, don't reveal anything until you have to and don't fall into potential traps.
                  Lol....whatever happened to the 'open & honest, all cards on the table' approach envisioned by our eminent legal bods.
                  CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                  Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                  gets his brain a-going.
                  Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                  The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Where’s that rolling about laughing smiley when you need it?
                    #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X