• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum. Please register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
  • LegalBeagles® is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

How to complete an N180 Directions questionnaire (Small Claims Track) Form?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to complete an N180 Directions questionnaire (Small Claims Track) Form?

This guide is designed for claims in the County Court where there is a specified amount of money less than £10,000 on the original claim form being claimed. The claim may have been issued via the County Court Business Centre Northampton, County Court Money Claims Centre Salford or a Local County Court.

As case management progresses the court will need to find out certain information to allow the process to continue, the N180 Directions questionnaire (Small Claims Track) is a part of that process. Along with the form you will have received an order from the court detailing the date you are required to return it by, it's important you keep to this deadline to prevent sanctions against you.

You may hand write the form or the online version of the N180 is here if you want to type then print it: https://assets.publishing.service.go...6/n180-eng.pdf

There are some pics below and you should complete the form as follows:

A1 tick yes for mediation, you need to appear to be trying to be reasonable and it is also incumbent upon you to try to settle the claim without need of a hearing. Any agreement via mediation is binding, but not classed as a CCJ.

Mediation takes place by telephone and you won't be in a conference call with them or their solicitor. It's a one hour appointment where the mediator will ring you to get your views and then ring them for theirs. It will go back and forth throughout the hour to try to settle it.

B is self explanatory, just your contact details.

C1 tick yes, you don't want to be in the other tracks with their costs implications. Costs in the Small Claims Track are limited if you lose as long as their is no unreasonable conduct and therefore staying within it protects you should you be unsuccessful.

D1 you should put the name and address of your local court ( https://courttribunalfinder.service....s&spoe=nearest ) and one of the following reasons:
    Claimant: "Claimants Preferred Court pursuant to CPR 26.2A(4)."

Defendant is an individual: "Defendants Home Court pursuant to CPR 26.2A(3)."
    Defendant is a company: "Defendants Preferred Court pursuant to CPR 26.2A(4)."

D2 complete appropriately dependant on whether you intend to bring expert witnesses.

D3 put 1 if just you intend attending a hearing on the day. If you have witnesses or are being accompanied by someone then state the number of them, but always remember to add yourself in the figure placed in the box.

D4 is self explanatory, dates of Holidays, special events or business trips you might have to take. Also whether you need an interpreter and if you do for which language.

Make a copy, send the original to the court and serve the copy to the Claimant or their solicitor at the address for service on the original claim form as the order with it will direct "and serve copies on all other parties."
    Last edited by jaguarsuk; 7th August 2018, 15:29:PM.
    HOW TO COMPLETE AN N180 DIRECTIONS QUESTIONNAIRE (SMALL CLAIMS TRACK) FORM?

My posts on this forum are offered based on my experience dealing with a variety of life events. I have no formal legal training and if in doubt take professional legal advice or contact the CAB. If you follow anything I write on this forum you do so at your own risk and I accept no liability for any loss, costs or other outcomes.

I do not come on here in the evening, at weekends or on public holidays.

N180P1.png
    N180P2.png
    HOW TO COMPLETE AN N180 DIRECTIONS QUESTIONNAIRE (SMALL CLAIMS TRACK) FORM?

My posts on this forum are offered based on my experience dealing with a variety of life events. I have no formal legal training and if in doubt take professional legal advice or contact the CAB. If you follow anything I write on this forum you do so at your own risk and I accept no liability for any loss, costs or other outcomes.

I do not come on here in the evening, at weekends or on public holidays.

Comment

jjjj

Comment

Hi where it says in the and you have put court name, I'm confused as what to write as I don't have a court name. I started my claim online.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Member Guides

This section contains useful guides, template examples and information written by members of the forum. Always do your own research !
        See more
        See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

upgrade to vip

Want exclusive access to forums, more privacy and a live chat box? Upgrade to become a bigger part of our community.

only £15/yr

Offers available. No subscription traps.

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
        X