• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Unenforceable Loan Agreement Welcome/MKRR problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hello from Christian - Welcome/MKRR problem

CCA 1974:

"S.65 Consequences of improper execution.
    (1)An improperly-executed regulated agreement is enforceable against the debtor or hirer on an order of the court only."
    Last edited by christianpassy; 9th June 2012, 16:22:PM.

Comment

I visited here last night and this morning to find letter by miliitant, but no letter has appeared.

Since Welcome have a right to ask for a copy utility bill as proof of ID, I have sent this today, 'Signed For', and kept the following letter on file, with 'Signed For' receipt:

"Dear Ms xxxxx,
      Data Protection Act 1998
      Subject access request
      Account Number: xxxxxxxxxx and Personal Loan Number xxxxxxxx

Thankyou for your letter dated 6th June asking for proof of ID, of which I enclose a copy.

I enclose a copy bill from BT for May.

Please note that you have 40 days to reply to my subject access request, of which I enclose a copy.

Please note also, that this is NOT a 'Consumer Credit Act Request', as stated in your letter of 6th June, but a Subject Access Request under the Data Protection Act 1998, as stated at the top of this letter, and also at the top of my original request, dated 21st May 2012.

Thankyou in anticipation.

Yours faithfully,..."
      Last edited by christianpassy; 11th June 2012, 12:18:PM.

Comment

Letter received today from MKDP LLP:

"1. Acknowledges my CCA request
        2. States they cannot 'resolve my query, which requires further investigation'
        3. States they will be 'liaising with Welcome Finance where applicable and will contact me as soon as (they) receive a response from Welcome Finance but no later than 3 August 2012'"
        Last edited by christianpassy; 15th June 2012, 02:00:AM.

Comment

Aborted letter to MKDP LLP.

Update: Not sending - see post #82 by miliitant, below - you need only deal with person demanding money, by precedent. This would be MKRR.
          Last edited by christianpassy; 15th June 2012, 02:01:AM.

Comment

CCA REQUEST for information under 77/78 must be GIVEN by the creditor within 12 WORKING DAYS of RECEIVING the request.

The original legislation is here [Definition of 'Prescribed period' in The Consumer Credit (Prescribed Periods for Giving Information) Regulations 1983 = "12 working days"]

..and here: [creditor "shall give" documents "within the prescribed period after receiving a request in writing" in The Consumer Credit Act 1974]
            Last edited by christianpassy; 15th June 2012, 09:17:AM.

Comment

This was a proposed letter to MKRR on default of CCA request.
              Last edited by christianpassy; 15th June 2012, 02:26:AM.

Comment

under the judgement godebt v critchley, it was judged that the person demanding the money is the creditor so must comply with the cca request

so if they state you need to contact welcome for the cca request, tel the dca to bog off

while in default of your request the dca can do sod all

Comment

you may need to put that you will only accept a true and certified copy of the agreement or they may try the old reconstructed agreement ploy on you

welcome are well known for loosing original agreements so mkrr are in trouble me thinks

Comment

Final revised letter to MKRR: - sent 14th June 2012.

"
                    TO:
                    M K Rapid Recoveries
                    Compello Operations Ltd
                    Fleming House
                    Seebeck Place
                    Kno wlhill
                    Milton Keynes
                    MK5 8FR
                    13th June 2012

Dear Sirs,

Ref: xxxxxxxxxx
                    Balance: xxxxxxxxxx

Consumer Credit Act 1974

I refer to my letter dated 23rd May 2012 in which I made a formal request under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 sec 77-79 for true copies of the regulated agreement referred to in the above account number. I will only accept a true and certified copy of the agreement. You are reminded that you are obliged to supply these under sec.189 whether you are the original creditor or not. I also enclosed the statutory fee of £1.00 for this account.

To date you have failed to comply with my statutory request and have defaulted in respect of this account. Additionally this alleged agreement is unenforceable until such time as the default is removed or enforced by a court of law. It is a further offence to attempt to enforce this alleged agreement until such time as the default is removed.

It is also my intention to report this matter to the appropriate enforcement authority.

OFT Guidelines AND Consumer Protection form Unfair Trading Regulations

Furthermore, following my many attempts to explain to 'Dean' over the telephone that there was a contractual problem with this alleged debt, his refusal – and yours severally – to respond, denying it was your responsibility; my letter to you dated 12th March 2012 and your letter of reply dated 24th April 2012, signed Mary McMillan, and my reply dated 21st May 2012 :-

(A) OFT guidance - July 2003 (updated December 2006) :

2.6 Examples of unfair practices are as follows:
                    h. Ignoring and/or disregarding claims that debts have been settled or are disputed and continuing to make unjustified demands for payment

(B) CPUTR 2008:-

Offences relating to unfair commercial practices

S8: contravening the requirements of professional diligence

Prohibition of unfair commercial practices

S3 – unfair commercial practices: misleading action, misleading omission, use of aggression, inc schedule 1(26): making persistent and unwanted solicitations, etc

Offences committed by bodies of persons
                    S15: corporate liability, consent, connivance and neglect

I await your prompt response.

Yours faithfully..."
                    Last edited by christianpassy; 15th June 2012, 09:18:AM.

Comment

Thankyou again, miliitant, your suggestion "I will only accept a true and certified copy of the agreement." has been added to the above letter as par 1, line 2.

I will check back tommorrow before posting.
                      Last edited by christianpassy; 14th June 2012, 05:41:AM.

Comment

Here, I proposed to send a 'Request for Proof of Default' letter to MKDP LLP, because their name is on my credit file for car loan.
                        Last edited by christianpassy; 15th June 2012, 02:09:AM.

Comment

HOLD THE FIRE

YOU ARE STARTING TO RUN BEFORE YOU CAN WALK

lets see what the SAR from welcome brings

the dca will not have given the default notice, only welcome can do that.
                          this just means that the dca have had all rights and duties assigned to them so they have just updated the welcome default and date from welcome with the credit agency

do not tip off the dca on the default notice issue, i need to see the original as welcome were well known also of not complying with the default and trermination regs. again that will be in the SAR

outher things need to be done first such as the assignment and law of property act 1925

Comment

outher things need to be done first such as the assignment and law of property act 1925

Sheesh! Miliitant is clever!!
                            True story - thankyou again. :tinysmile_kiss_t4:
                            Last edited by christianpassy; 15th June 2012, 02:22:AM.

Comment

like i have said, i myself have been down this road

if welcome have terminated, defaulted, and assigned the agreement on a duff default notice, then as the acount is before april 2007, then the debt is unenforceable

but i need to see the original copies of the default, and termination notices.

these will only be made avaliable in the SAR FROM WELCOME

the secret is not to tip them off before we have copies of the originals

softly sofly, catchy monkey

Comment

duff default notice

Funnily enough, I just came from reading UK law's requirements for termination.
                                Last edited by christianpassy; 13th June 2012, 15:58:PM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X