• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Unenforceable Loan Agreement Welcome/MKRR problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hello from Christian - Welcome/MKRR problem

To miliitant,
    Good grief, I just discovered you wrote "GOOD HUNTING" in the first letter!
    Anyway...I have typed and saved the letter to Cattles, and will now find out whether they are still trading or in operation of any kind. Then I will hunt for £10 (can't be paid today) and will let you know the result(s) as soon as I have them.
    Glad u know the results. Looking forward to sharing them with u,
    Christian :tinysmile_kiss_t4:
    (This is a woman, not man - just realised my name could be confusing).

Comment

E-mail sent today at 4.21pm to info@cattles.co.uk, who live at www.cattles.co.uk, :

"Dear Sirs,

WITHOUT PREJUDICE

Are you the parent company of Welcome Financial Services, and are you still trading and handling mail in relation to matters involving Welcome Financial Services?

My advisors and I await your response - a failure to respond will be considered a nuisance created by yourselves.

Thankyou in anticipation,

Yours sincerely,..."

Comment

dont worry for the time being about putting without prejudice

that just means correspondants marked without prejudice cannot be used in court without the agreement of both parties

ill do some digging on cattles as well to see if they are still trading as such
        Last edited by miliitant; 22nd May 2012, 15:37:PM.

Comment

DELETE THE CATTLES ADDRESS IN THE SUBJECT ACCESS REQUEST AND SEND TO THE ADDRESS BELOW BY RECORDED DELIVERY,REMEMBER THE £10 POSTAL ORDER

Welcome Financial Services Ltd,
          Ruddington Fields Business Park,
          Mere Way,
          Ruddington,
          Nottingham,
          NG11 6NZ

Comment

OK, I will send the letter to Welcome as soon as I can spare £10. Anything up to 10 days (I'm self-employed).

Have now amended the (Cattles -> Welcome) letter, and marked the addresses 'FROM' and 'TO'. No joking.

Now applying same method to addresses on MKRR letter. Let's end this trail.
            Thankyou again.
            See u soon. Over n out
            Last edited by christianpassy; 22nd May 2012, 15:54:PM.

Comment

NICE TO SEE YOU TAKING CONTROL NOW

lets see what it is like with the boot on the other foot shall we

Comment

AH HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! - thanks

Comment

For anyone wondering if Cattles are still dealing with correspondence:

May 24 (1 day ago)

to me

Dear Miss Passy

I confirm that Cattles Limited is the Holding Company of Welcome Financial Services Limited and continues to trade.

Any emails for Welcome Financial Services Limited should be addressed to info@wfs.co.uk.

Yours sincerely

Roland Todd
                  Company Secretary
                  Cattles Limited

Comment

you can send to either ruddington which is the compliance address or cattles hq

Comment

Thankyou miliitant!!! Always on the ball, there - thankyou!! :beagle:
                      You'll be pleased to know today, I sent post #25 letter to Welcome with £10 cheque, 'Signed For', and post #26 letter to MKRR with £1 postal order, also 'Signed For'.
                      Oh, and then cancellation letter to Churchwood Finance for Debt Management - they had managed to INCREASE my debts, somehow...lol.
                      So, exactly as you ordered, and trust me, I will be reporting back soon.
                      Yours,
                      Christian

Comment

Oh, I forgot to say........strengthened by the sense of getting this sorted out properly with Welcome Finance (as well as MKRR, naturally), I drew up a 3-page plan over the last 24 hours to get rid of all of my debt, permanently. I was about to give up my 2-bed flat with home office and sink (not 'home office and sink' - I was going to sink, financially - lmao), when I had a chat with Churchwood as mentioned above. Somehow, after that bashing mentally of creditors into position, I seemed to find the resolve to materialise a £23k (£12k of which is Welcome) debt repayment plan, on a subsistence-level income. The plan includes increase of self-employed earnings, income tax and class 4 NI set-aside, and budgeting for building of new business (which will give me ongoing commissions and increase my personal earning potential 4 times per minute); scoot around cleaning up recent dive-bombed household utility direct debits, projected weekly income and expense account, profit and loss, and repayment schedule for live debts - all for June and July, and also repayment schedule for pro-rata'd old debts for same period (no settlements - all full payments); all creditors' payment (bank) details (except one) in place for online weekly standing orders...and last but not least, a budgeting in for the private dentistry I so need (one of my problems has been pain, and I talk for a living - as you may tell ) <Phew!>.

Oh, and selling a few items on eBay. One sold today.

It was my Provident cash collection lady who put me off paying for debt management. She told me I was a fool, there are people who do it for free. I really like her, so then I thought well, I can do the whole thing.........especially if I have proper answers from Welcome, who've been bugging me for years, quite frankly - feeling I'm the baddy.

Mortgage after................

Emmm...regardless of the answers from Welcome/MKRR - this is the way my life is heading. Every little helps.........thankyou, friend............back soon as I hear anything.
                        Last edited by christianpassy; 29th May 2012, 17:02:PM.

Comment

P.S. I noted 40 days in the diary for Welcome (re. post #25) to respond (8th July).
                          Then I realised that I don't know the time limit (re. post #26) for MKRR to respond.

If anyone knows the answer, please can you educate me lol? Otherwise I'll look it up in the statute online when I get back from meditating...Cheers :tinysmile_kiss_t4:
                          Last edited by christianpassy; 29th May 2012, 17:00:PM.

Comment

Mkrr have a total of 14 days to reply, they go into a state of default after that and have to suspend all collection activity until they produce the agreement

it the info in the sar i am interested inn

Comment

Woooooooooo! - there you are...OK...noted date in diary - 12th June for MKRR

Read through CCA 74 s 77-78B and could not find 14 days. It seems there are some updates.
                              Found original thread at MSE (good old Martin) - here - from which post #25 originates. Very interesting material.
                              Also, found another prong of attack - here - from the Civil Procedural Rules.

However, I shall leave it now until I hear back from them.
                              And, after further reading, I see you are MORE interested in the SAR to Welcome under the DPA 1998.
                              Bye for now, and thanks again for everything

P.S. I represented myself in a case over a housing issue in 2006. Aided and abetted by sharp-eyed housing charity workers, operating much like yourself(/ves here at LB) I won the case - pitted against a London barrister. Hands down. Because of the advice. I had to wait ages, tho, while the barrister tried to argue her way out of the invalidity of the notice to quit - which ended on the wrong day of the week
                              Last edited by christianpassy; 29th May 2012, 22:14:PM.

Comment

the response for a cca request is 12 plus 2 days giving a total of 14 days

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X