• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Unenforceable Loan Agreement Welcome/MKRR problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hello from Christian - Welcome/MKRR problem

did they keep or return your cheque

They have not returned it.

Comment

that regulatory body is fcss

it is for welcome ppi claims only

Correct. FSCS, precisely.
      (From Welcome website:
      FSCS (At Welcome): 0845 373 0386).
      Financial Services Compensation Scheme. (Hmm, try 'ruining my credit file for years on end'...through gross incompetence in handling of business correspondence not to mention other difficulties...think I might contact them later).

This may well be a PPI claim, I don't know without the SAR information.
      Not that I'm taking over, I'm following your advice.
      I still don't know whether I'm legally obliged to send Welcome the requested document. Your casual wording - which I enjoy enormously - doesn't clarify in my mind whether they have a right to ask? Because if they do, I have to send it. Anyway, just realised you're most likely covering that in your letter.

Thankyou so much miliitant. Will keep an eye open, but otherwise, over n out
      Last edited by christianpassy; 11th June 2012, 12:13:PM.

Comment

have you checked you bank account to see if it has been cashed

Comment

please do not start phoning welcome

i am using a tried and tested method in this

i am giving enough rope to hang themself, softly softly

i myself am one of the few people who have taken welcome to court and won

Comment

For anyone in similar circumstances and following this post:

From the Data Protection Act 1988:-

"Section 7, subsection 3: Where a data controller—

(a)reasonably requires further information in order to satisfy himself as to the identity of the person making a request under this section and to locate the information which that person seeks, and

(b)has informed him of that requirement,

the data controller is not obliged to comply with the request unless he is supplied with that further information"

Sheer competence would suggest Welcome could use THEIR money and time - for once - in sorting this out, by calling the local council. That's my point of view.
            Last edited by christianpassy; 11th June 2012, 12:13:PM.

Comment

Originally posted by christianpassy View Post
              for anyone in similar circumstances and following this post:

From the data protection act 1988:-

"section 7, subsection 3: Where a data controller—

(a)reasonably requires further information in order to satisfy himself as to the identity of the person making a request under this section and to locate the information which that person seeks, and

(b)has informed him of that requirement,

the data controller is not obliged to comply with the request unless he is supplied with that further information.

but if they have cashed the cheque then that is an acceptance to comply with the sar

what welcome should have done is returned the cheque with the letter

please confirm if the cheque has been cashed

Comment

have you checked you bank account to see if it has been cashed

No, I took the judgement they wouldn't be that stupid (meaning, they should wait for any requested info before taking money from me) - and, after checking, they haven't. Well, it's not showing as at today's date, anyway.
                Last edited by christianpassy; 11th June 2012, 12:14:PM.

Comment

ill do that letter for you

check back tomorow night and you can send it to welcome, photocopy the letter welcome sent you while you are waiting

regards

Comment

please do not start phoning welcome

i am using a tried and tested method in this

My friend, I do not interfere with due process. Thankyou for your invaluable assistance in this.

i am giving enough rope to hang themself, softly softly

Gaining access to information and proving it to others is a difficult task in this world. Thankyou again.

i myself am one of the few people who have taken welcome to court and won

I'm impressed. No doubt that is why you are worthy of your nickname
                    Last edited by christianpassy; 11th June 2012, 12:14:PM.

Comment

any word yet from MKRR and your cca request

have you checked on track and trace that they have received it and post up what date

Comment

photocopy the letter welcome sent you while you are waiting

OK, photocopying

Done.
                        Last edited by christianpassy; 11th June 2012, 12:15:PM.

Comment

any word yet from MKRR and your cca request

No

have you checked on track and trace that they have received it and post up what date

"Your item with reference xxxxxx was delivered from our MILTON KEYNES Delivery Office on 31/05/12"

Back tommorrow as requested. Over n out
                          Last edited by christianpassy; 11th June 2012, 09:53:AM.

Comment

me thinks MKRR have until wednesday 13 june to comply with the cca request

Comment

OK, MKRR might not be associated with Welcome...Welcome themselves have not had contact from me at this address.

This might suggest a reason for their asking for proof of ID.
                              Last edited by christianpassy; 11th June 2012, 12:17:PM.

Comment

me thinks MKRR have until wednesday 13 june to comply with the cca request

Yeah, well where do you count from - dispatch, or delivery?
                                Counting 14 from delivery date the 31st, that's the 14th June.
                                From dispatch date 29th, it's the 12th.
                                And do I have to receive a reply by one of these dates, or do they merely need to have dispatched it?
                                Last edited by christianpassy; 9th June 2012, 15:15:PM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X