• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

New Trades Career

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ben howard View Post
    Hello

just wondering if anybody has had a response from the ombudsman’s man

been signed up to a renewable energy course and Missd like the rest in around 16months through problems came to light when I came to going for my tests

location wasn’t what was agreed
    The amount of days I was needed to attend didn’t fit my work shift pattern etc

tried to cancel they refused
    tried the finance people they have refused
    looking at the ombudsman now

is there any success stories ?

I have also seen people just cancel which I’d be happy to do if this is actually possible to stop this nightmare
    Hi ben, welcome....

so there's a lot of disgruntled people on here, i want to help and I also want whats right.

The FOS ( Financial Ombudsman Service ) are only committed to investigating the Finance company, they are NOT interested in the actual company in question here. they have mis-sold the product to us all, this is such a common practise from what i have seen.

we need to all come together and basically right a fat report on them, the more evidence we have the better chance we have, all i want to do i cancel.

After your 14-day cooling off period you apparently loose your "right to cancel", this isn't true don't let them make you believe this.

I have chased the FOS for info on the case and they say that they are working on it, i will say it as clear as day, i wont win...... i know this from the evidence provided by one of the member on this forum, he kindly provided evidence that there was 14+ claims and non of them won for mis-representation.

they don't see that the Finance company is doing anything wrong, i followed every instruction on how to cancel my contract with NTC and they shrugged it off as if it wasn't even important, this is where i pointed out the facts to the finance company, they took no hesitation in saying that NTC haven't done anything wrong.

My advice is not to cancel your finance agreement as you wont do your self any favours when perusing it further, also a CCJ doesn't come off your financial record.

I'm looking for people who have been given false information prior to signing or upon signing, I'm hungry for evidence to finally close this down once and for all, i was 1000% mis sold this course.

ANYONE READING THIS WHO HAS HAD THE SAME SUITUATION OR EXPERIANCE PLEASE GET IN TOUCH ......

WE ARE COMPLETLY ON OUR OWN WITH THIS!

Comment

Originally posted by Grimmy View Post
      Hi mate, my story is basically the same as everyone else's. I applied for a electrical course, they persuaded me to do the renewable energy engineering course instead as I already work with biomass boilers. They signed me up, I paid the £60 up front cost, they sent me a briefcase with some booklets and some CD Rom things. I rang the course tutors to introduce myself and that's the last I heard from a tutor, that was in November 2020. I figured lockdown had effected them so.i didn't think much of it. I carried on doing coursework and got more and more suspicious that it's all bull, there's spelling mistakes in the booklets and it generally doesn't make much sense. I would do a module or two and then do a tutor marked assessment which is literally 5 questions. At one point I just thought this has got to be a scam so I googled how to cancel the course as I can't really afford it anymore and found all these horror stories online about Carnedge and New Trade Career not letting people cancel.
      I had a call today from the Ombudsman after reporting it and they basically told me New trade careers have done nothing wrong. The only advice I was given was to tell my bank not to let them take anymore money and to tell new trade careers that their service is useless. I'm struggling to understand what I can do next.
      Hi Grimmy, thanks for telling us whats happened.

we have all received the same useless DVD and book to begin with. " I rang the course tutors to introduce myself and that's the last I heard from a tutor" < this is what has happened to me too, this isn't what i signed up for.

the cost of the course wasn't an issue, it was when i contacted them in jan 21 to ask why i haven't had any communication from the tutors, i get a text from NTC every month saying " We notice you haven't submitted a TMA for some time. Remember you have a tutor team to guide you; please contact them if you need help" this simply isn't up to standard for a eight thousand pound course..... i could have done a Open Uni course for the same money, i would be doing an actual degree. Anyway .................

"Ombudsman after reporting it and they basically told me New trade careers have done nothing wrong." >>> this cant be from the FOS, every time i have tried to talk to them regarding the complaint they haven't even entertained anything to do with the NTC.

"I'm struggling to understand what I can do next" > what to do next is compile all of our cases together to get a strong case against NTC, we need to not concentrate on the Finance company, they haven't done anything wrong According to FOS, all though we will say differently.

please feel free to contact me, i may be able to help as WE ARE ALL STUCK IN THIS, WE WILL WORK BETTER AS A TEAM

thanks thomas88

Comment

I’d more than happy to get involved in a group to fight this

ben8howard@icloud.completes email me anything you need or want to discuss

Comment

Originally posted by Ben howard View Post
          I’d more than happy to get involved in a group to fight this

email me anything you need or want to discuss
          Thanks ben could you please remove your email address of here

Comment

Finally done some digging after many sleepless nights. My story is the same was contacted about my course I was told limited spaces at the time I was depressed at home on fourlough with plenty of free time , my interview was a zoom call and there was no mention of a “loan” I thought I was paying the course off monthly. At the time I was living at home with little outgoings. Few weeks in I got my “starter pack” my next issue I have dislexia and have hand writing and reading issues and struggle to complete book work but after contacting the tutors it’s compulsory part of the course with no support I realised this wasn’t for me and I wouldn’t be able to get thru it, to my horror I realised I’m in fixed loan and can’t cancel. I was promised practical learning with hands on experience “the only way I learn” they have taken advantage of me I was mis informed. For personal reasons I’m now living on my own and with reduced working hours due to covid the £180pm is leaving me with little disposable income. It seems they will let anyone on these courses unfortunately and dont care and if you make in thru or not. Hopefully we can all get out of this. There must be a way out for since there haven’t provided the resources required for my learning disability’s.

Comment

Originally posted by Samuel365 View Post
              Finally done some digging after many sleepless nights. My story is the same was contacted about my course I was told limited spaces at the time I was depressed at home on fourlough with plenty of free time , my interview was a zoom call and there was no mention of a “loan” I thought I was paying the course off monthly. At the time I was living at home with little outgoings. Few weeks in I got my “starter pack” my next issue I have dislexia and have hand writing and reading issues and struggle to complete book work but after contacting the tutors it’s compulsory part of the course with no support I realised this wasn’t for me and I wouldn’t be able to get thru it, to my horror I realised I’m in fixed loan and can’t cancel. I was promised practical learning with hands on experience “the only way I learn” they have taken advantage of me I was mis informed. For personal reasons I’m now living on my own and with reduced working hours due to covid the £180pm is leaving me with little disposable income. It seems they will let anyone on these courses unfortunately and dont care and if you make in thru or not. Hopefully we can all get out of this. There must be a way out for since there haven’t provided the resources required for my learning disability’s.
              Hi Samuel, Thanks for pointing these facts out, what have have you done so far regarding cancelation ?

Comment

Anyone had any luck?
                really thinking about just cancelling the direct debit?

Comment

Hi all, I'm in the same boat but with the renewables course, was sold it exactly the same as everyone else in here by the sounds of it and from other forums also.. Back in lockdown I wanted to push myself to try and get some qualifications in something new so found new trades career, everything looked quite normal and legitimate from what I could see from the website, so went and applied. Mine was sold to me by some bloke called Ashni Verma who contacted me via video call meeting at one evening at 5.30. He said about there only being limited spaces and that he needed to do financial checks etc. Having only ever seen the contract via the video link and not even long enough to read it all, the only option was to scroll through it quickly and sign as he needed to get it all completed before the finance company closed. I was also told i would get a hard copy through the post within 2 weeks and was never received. Having turned a blind eye to it all and with the excitement of starting a course, I eventually received my course pack and cds etc 2 weeks after, it was soon apparent that it was all of very poor quality with the text books having lots of spelling mistakes in and the CDs looking like they've been made with a programme from Windows 95. I cracked on with the course did a few tests and got full marks in all the ones I completed but stopped 3 or 4 months in due to work and family commitments so then not having time to complete the course anymore.

Ive recently emailed them to find out the ways to cancel the course due to my changes of situation with work and family commitments only to be told the same thing again and again about the 14 day cancellation period and with me not being able to cancel the course as its after that period and if I have financial issues they can give me a 6 month deferral with Caledonian, also went and sent me extra financial help options being Step Change, Money Advice Service and Citizens Advice Bureau.

Considering I do not have any Financial issues with paying for the course and me clearly stating that I don't and that I only wanted to cancel the course for my changes in situation, they kept emailing me about the 14 day cooling off period, so it seems to be going round in circles at the moment so that's where I've come to this fourm to get ideas or help. I doesn't help that I've not even been invited to any of the college classes (mine was supposed to be in Southampton) either or they've not even checked up on the lack of progress I've made..

Comment

Have you ever actually received any actual document about said 14 day cooling off period? Because it seems to me that is just a tool they use to get angry people off the phone.

Comment

Hello all! My situation is pretty much the same as everyone elses here. Stuck paying an unfinishable course that isnt the course that would of given me what I was looking for. Stuck paying £140 to caledonian finance for a course i cant complete! So far ive only tried to email NTC to ask them about their cancellation policy but havent contacted caledonian yet. Any advice? I won’t cancel the Direct Debit (and wouldnt if i were you, unless desperate) because a CCJ is a black mark on your credit file. Any advice on what to do? I also definitely feel i was sold the dream by the sales rep too for something that isnt what it is! Happily join in on any group action too. Cheers all

Comment

Also - any idea on where to find this (copied direct from their website)

You will have the right to terminate the self-study program as stated in the Notice of the Right to Cancel the Contract.

Comment

I've received no documentation at all stating the 14 day cool off period or ever received any contract.
                          Personally I wouldn't contact Caledonian if you've contacted NTC already as i should imagine they would be the same people sticking to the same script so you'll get the same outcome.

What I do want to ask though is that with any loan or contract you sign up to which we have with NTC with their 'finance' company Caledonian and many others would it not come up on the credit score apps like clear score etc? Just wondering as I don't have it on any of my credit score apps and usually all your cards, loans and accounts open with finance companies are on there?

Comment

I’m the exact same position. If people looked through each post on this you’ll see back a few months ago that I did actually cancel my direct debit. Main reason is because it doesn’t actually show on your credit scores under “loans”. I can’t remember exactly when I cancelled it but I’ve only made one payment to them and I signed up in late December. I do get threatening letters about bay lifts saying they “may assign a bay lift company to my case” or something stupid but they have to take me to court first if they want to do that. I also get a phone call 5 days a week but I ignore that. Not sure if I recommend other people cancelling the direct debit but I’m just testing that theory to see what happens. I’m happy to go to court about this situation anyways.

Comment

Hello, another tale of new trade careers woe here. Signed up for their welding coarse & completed the online exams (which frankly my 8 year old could of done.) applied to go for the practical training and was told I would be contacted by phone with a date to commence. Then covid hit and all the training centers were closed but they kept taking their payments. Rang them again to be told the centers were reopening but with reduced capacity but not to worry as I was on the waiting list to attend then heard nothing for months. I started to suspect I had been conned and searches online revealed horror stories from others about this company. When I contacted them again I voiced my concerns and let them know I was not happy with their messing about. This morning I went to log on to my account to find I was locked out so I rang customer services who tell me my time to complete the course has run out (even though with the 6 months xtensionextra due to covid my coarse shouldn't finish till September) so I'm £2200 lighter in the pocket for nothing although from what I have gleamed from others the practical part of the coarse is laughable anyway. Why do city & guilds continue to align themselves with such companies

Comment

Hi all,
                                another concerned, anxious and disgruntled electrical student here. I read the thisismoney.com article and ofcourse read numerous scathing reviews of new trades careers and all the other names that they’ve allegedly gone through all the years (train4jobs, etc). I spoke to customer services regarding my fears today and she told me I would have to complain in writing if i have issues with the course. My immediate complaint to her was that I felt I was already doing more advanced electrical study at the beginning of the course (3phase etc) when I haven’t even been shown which terminals are what on a socket yet. She said it’s all city and guilds approved, which I was already aware having traced their centre numbers (they are city and guilds confirmed) however when I started talking about my anxieties relating to the article online and forums she said that “anyone can write a bad review” and “were pursuing legal action against the article because we’ve been wrongly named in it”. When I mentioned the “trust-reviews.org” website that dubiously only reviews new trades careers she didn’t have anything to say. She was also very abrupt and when I asked her if I could speak to one of the more senior employees she informed me that she was the head of customer services. She said there was nothing I could do about cancelling the course as it was past 21days which is strange considering contractually it said 14.
                                I am at a loss to be fair. I am hopeless with legal stuff and I don’t want to pay the rest of the money I owe (ive paid my first 180 quid and I’ve told the bank to stop the recurrent payments earlier). I’m just terrified that this is gonna go the other way, but I can’t risk nearly 8 grand to pay the rest of this course. Ive taken solace in that other people are in the same position but i just cant find a way out of this without letting go of all that money or possibly more if I’m taken to court.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X