• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

New Trades Career

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tatts View Post
    Hi everyone I'm just about to e-mail Carnegie as they have sent a letter demanding money I'm going to ask for a coppy of credit agreement also I was told i could cancel at any time which I did via email last October never got any reply off them going to pass everything to my solicitor next week also going to remind them that the police and fraud team are looking into there scams which I will get my solicitor involved with
    thomas88

Comment

• Good morning guys.

my name is Ashley and I too have only just realised the scam I have been drawn into. I couldn’t believe it, I am at the stage just before registering for the practical sessions as a full scope electrician and feel lost. I have cancelled my direct debit with Caledonian which I know may come back to bite me but would much appreciate being advised or part of the discord chat (I registered with the questionnaire to hopefully verify last night)

I was on the call back in Oct 2020 where a now I know salesman called Craig not only sold me the course saying I will “become a full scope electrician upon completion and walk into a job almost instantly” which I now know to be false as no one even gets as far as half way through the course. To say I’m devastated would be an understatement as I was hoping to become an electrician and start my own business but I suppose that’s what the scammers were hoping for, someone who trusted them with helping them achieve their goals in life.

i will be looking through all aspects of my contract, the paperwork I have received and also seeking legal advise on the short future but any advice from anyone here would not only be helpful but massively appreciated.

i know I am relatively new to this movement but I hope collectively we can stop them. They have my money which I can stand to lose but I will not lose anymore.

Ashley

Comment

• Originally posted by adepledge96 View Post
        Good morning guys.

my name is Ashley and I too have only just realised the scam I have been drawn into. I couldn’t believe it, I am at the stage just before registering for the practical sessions as a full scope electrician and feel lost. I have cancelled my direct debit with Caledonian which I know may come back to bite me but would much appreciate being advised or part of the discord chat (I registered with the questionnaire to hopefully verify last night)

I was on the call back in Oct 2020 where a now I know salesman called Craig not only sold me the course saying I will “become a full scope electrician upon completion and walk into a job almost instantly” which I now know to be false as no one even gets as far as half way through the course. To say I’m devastated would be an understatement as I was hoping to become an electrician and start my own business but I suppose that’s what the scammers were hoping for, someone who trusted them with helping them achieve their goals in life.

i will be looking through all aspects of my contract, the paperwork I have received and also seeking legal advise on the short future but any advice from anyone here would not only be helpful but massively appreciated.

i know I am relatively new to this movement but I hope collectively we can stop them. They have my money which I can stand to lose but I will not lose anymore.

Ashley
        thomas88

Comment

• thomas88 Do apologise as I am really new to this site but I have tried to message the username mentioned and it has said I am not authorised? Not sure if I’m missing something, thanks again

Comment

thomas88 Do apologise as I am really new to this site but I have tried to message the username mentioned and it has said I am not authorised? Not sure if I’m missing something, thanks again
            It's because you have a new account, don't worry thomas88 picks these up fairly quickly, but it is Easter.

Comment

• after couple postings then ok!

Comment

thomas88 Do apologise as I am really new to this site but I have tried to message the username mentioned and it has said I am not authorised? Not sure if I’m missing something, thanks again
                Hi adepledge96 please consider joining us on our platform > https://discord.gg/gsGFDqGbwc

Comment

• Originally posted by echat11 View Post
                  please consider joining us on our platform > https://discord.gg/gsGFDqGbwc We can help.

Comment

• Hi everyone, I am dealing with new trades career at the minute. I've been on the course for over 2 years learning at a steady pace due to work and home life commitments. Early this year I had a bit of spare time and was trying to speed up my learning - completed on of the books within a week but was unable to progress as it takes their computer system 3 ot 4 days to process any TMA results. I made a complaint but their customer service is a joke. I had a practical week organised that I couldn't attend and asked for a different date to be organised. I've now been waiting over 3 months soas you can imagine, I am not happy. I've paid approx 4k to this company but I cant cancel the course because the finance is with Carnegie finance. I believe I've been missed the course because I clearly can not learn at my own pace. Do I have a leg to stand on? Can I get out of the course?

Comment

• You still have time ... until you do 3 years of course (which never end ... because they don't want to end) and after 3 years you will be automatically blocked from the New trades career site ... But you will pay until the end of the contract with Carnegie finance. You don't have to mix them...one is with the course and another is with finance, but they don't answer to each other. That's what happened to me. I am curious if anyone has finished the course and passed the final exam. A mess of fraud.

Comment

• I am in the same position. I have completed a few exams. Got stuck further down the line and have not been able to contact them at all, tutors are never available and haven’t got a response on emails at all.

Comment

• Please join us here https://discord.gg/gsGFDqGbwc

Comment

• Hi everyone, I'm Alice from BBC Midlands Today and am doing an investigation into New Trades Careers. I was wondering whether anyone would be happy to speak to me about their experience? My email address is alice.cullinane@bbc.co.uk.

Comment

• I have emailed you topcat123

Comment

• Originally posted by thomas88 View Post
                                Please join us here https://discord.gg/gsGFDqGbwc
                                Hey, is this still running? I'm also in the same jammy situation and I really have no idea what to do...

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X