• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lb xmas meet in Brighton Nov 2013

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Lb xmas meet in Brighton Nov 2013

I thought that the one that looked like Harry Potter was quite cute :santa_cheesy:

Comment

Originally posted by TUTTSI View Post
      I had posted just before your post to say that I was genuinely pleased that you were able to use up the paid places and that you invited 3 students. Great move xx
      Originally posted by Bill-K View Post
      Great piccies, and it looks like you all had a great time.
      I was hoping there would be more photographers around and more pics uploaded by others. hoto: hoto: hoto:

I don't seem to have got any of the students, I was at the other end of the table and was busy.

Originally posted by Bill-K View Post
      So sorry I wasn't able to make it, guys.
      I'd love to have met you, and taken a picture of you! hoto:

Originally posted by EXC View Post
      I wasn't being serious, it was just the continuation of a running joke with Cel that I won't bore you with. We had a Beagles' bash in London a few years ago which was great and included a tour around Parliament which was really interesting.
      London sounds a good location to me, even closer than Brighton! I used to work near Great Portland Street in the 90s. :grin:

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
      Had the students, Charity, Jamie and Charlie not come along there would be 10 three course dinners in the bin instead of 3 (Tom had seconds of, I think, everything). Apparently it is against health and safety to box dinners up to give to homeless people (of whom there are plenty in Brighton).
      How ironic that HEALTH & SAFETY regulations should work in detriment of the HEALTH of some people, such as the homeless. :mad2: :mad2: I did see quite a lot of them in Brighton, I wasn't expecting that in such a pro$perou$ town! It almost looked like a US city!

Comment

Originally posted by enaid View Post
        All elf'n'safety issues probably brought in by the EU, no one disputes that wasted food should indeed go to the needy, but rules is rules and I would imagine trying to bring homeless folks in off the street to dine with us would have caused a lot more problems than having the 3 students join us.
        I don't think that was exactly the idea, more like offering those guys a meal paid for with the money from those who paid but didn't turn up to eat!

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
          Oisin Lunny @oisinlunny Kudos to @LegalBeagles for Freecycling their spare dinner places this evening. pic.twitter.com/FQrgxnE6w4

I'm pretty certain that is what we are all about.
          ^^^^ Now that's what I call seizing a good marketing opportunity on Twitter ! Something that wouldn't have been achieved by donating the meals to the homeless.

Comment

I was never inferring anyone at the Dinner was bothered I meant the person who made a critical post on here,dont think any of this needs to spoil the memory of the evening wish I was there to meet you all

Comment

Originally posted by wales01man View Post
              whats the problem for others who moan that you had 3 guests ,
              I did NOT MOAN about three guests. I simply expressed my personal view that there are more deserving hungry people than students in Brighton. My suggestion was that the Hilton Hotel should have donated the money (or equivalent in food) they charged Legal Beagles (for the guests who were unable to attend) to the homeless. I was placing the Hilton firmly in the frame for its greed not this site for ill judgment.

Quite frankly I find some of these posts attacking my genuine commitment to homelessness a bit hurtful.

Comment

Originally posted by wales01man View Post
                I meant the person who made a critical post on here

Why don't you just say "Plan B" and not "the person"? I'm not ashamed of my views.

Comment

Can we please keep the thread on topic?

Ta.

Comment

Must admit to feeling a little jealous when reading this thread, being the pariah is not always fun(don't worry it will pass).

Great move by Amethyst IMO some people walk the walk as they say.

Comment

Originally posted by andy58 View Post
                      Must admit to feeling a little jealous when reading this thread, being the pariah is not always fun(don't worry it will pass).

Great move by Amethyst IMO some people walk the walk as they say.
                      You would have been very welcome to attend xx Maybe next time

For what it is worth I don't feel poorly treated by the Hilton whatsoever, we had a lovely function room at the top of the hotel, with stunning views across the seafront, the food and service were tremendous. I used to work as a functions manager in a hotel and you have to have final number set in place to have the right food in, staff provided, as well as table set up, room sizes etc. That's all covered in the per head price so no issues whatsoever with that.

The nature of the beast of do's like with LB is that some won;t be able to attend for various reasons at the last minute, and that is absolutely fine, we have never been anal about people paying because we are a debt site and I'd hate people not to come because of the money - the travel and possible staying over costs are prohibitive enough.

So we paid for the function and filled the empty seats with others at short notice as it was all paid for regardless.

And freecycle was the simplest way of filling the empty seats at the last minute, it wasn't a marketing opportunity at all, that's a extremely cynical view, it was done with the very best of intentions and worked out very well.

Those who attended had a good time and it was lovely to meet up with everyone again and spend a weekend at the seaside

Personally I'd like to thank Kate for organising everything and trying so hard to make everyone happy. I didn't hear any complaints on the day, or in the morning, and we really did have a fabulous evening and I for one am proud to be a part of Legalbeagles.

Rest of my piccies I put on Facebook btw xx
                      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Rob and I took a genteel stotter around the Lanes,,,he thought we were 'browsing'..I knew we were 'buying'.......and I came back to the hotel with more than I left with.......a gorgeous topaz and diamond bracelet...We met the jeweller called 'The Old Lady of the Lanes' and by Christ she scared the crap out of us...I have never actually met anyone who wore more 'drag queen' makeup than Danny La Rue,,,her eyebrows arched so high they deserved their own postcode and she had a Cruella De Ville streak in her foot high beehive.
                        She offered me a rather large amount of dosh for my engagement ring so I know it's not from a Xmas cracker!!!

Comment

It is a beautiful bracelet You two will be so happy together, Robs a really lovely, genuine guy, and he's also lucky to have you

We had a quick wander around the lanes before meeting up with Nelly to drag her out for lunch.

Enjoyed going in the Choccywoccydodahh shop.....you should so get your wedding cake from there ! you could get Beagles on it lol

Attached Files
                          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Our wedding cake is unknown to Rob.......I;ve ordered a huge ships anchor in white (sponge cos I hate fruit cake) with a rather funky lifebelt. (yes,,,my toyboy was in the Navy)
                            I;ve been writing seat cards all morning and have just decided I don't like them so am off to ebay to order better ones........I;ll be glad when this weddings done...:rofl:

Comment

aww bless (hope he doesn't read this thread then) - I hope you're popping bob in your posy xx
                              #staysafestayhome

Comment

Apologies to planb its just how I interpreted the post But then im just a thick idiot?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X