• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lb xmas meet in Brighton Nov 2013

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Lb xmas meet in Brighton Nov 2013

My nephew is a student in Brighton and had he been contactable I would have told him to rock up for the meal..3 courses in a posh hotel kindly donated by people who had to back out of a function.....perfect !!
    Student loan has run out,,he works but wages go on rent heat light etc........not every person with nothing sleeps on the street and not every student is a bloody freeloader..and not every 'street sleeper' is genuinely homeless either .

Some crackpot made the rules that restaurants etc cannot 'donate' the food anymore..if we could have don't you think everyone of us would have been out there doing it?????
    As it happens 3 (and I dunno where the 'posh' bit comes from) nicely presented..well mannered and grateful students helped make the evening flow and I for one think the decision to advertise the do was spot on !

Comment

I am very happy that mine and o/h meals were put to very good use and that I am pleased it fed 3 students. Why should the meals go to waste? I was very unhappy and upset that I genuinely could not go.

Comment

I am quite honestly shocked that anyone could possibly have an issue with our inviting others to attend when we were contracted to 22 places (paid for) regardless of how many attended (14) or paid ( 11 )

If anyone would like a refund if they did pay and were unable to attend then let me know.

It won't be happening again, we'll keep things informal like they used to be, just a group of friends meeting in a pub for a few bevvies and maybe a burger from weatherspoons, much easier
        Last edited by Amethyst; 3rd December 2013, 09:05:AM.
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

amethyst
          You well know you will never do the right thing in some peoples eyes.
          But remember 2 lines from Gone with the wind/
          Tommorrow is another day and frankly my dear I don't give a damn

The weekend was a success so whats the problem for others who moan that you had 3 guests ,

Comment

I had posted just before your post to say that I was genuinely pleased that you were able to use up the paid places and that you invited 3 students. Great move xx
            Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
            I am quite honestly shocked that anyone could possibly have an issue with our inviting others to attend when we were contracted to 22 places (paid for) regardless of how many attended or paid ( 11 )

If anyone would like a refund if they did pay and were unable to attend then let me know.

It won't be happening again, we'll keep things informal like they used to be, just a group of friends meeting in a pub for a few bevvies and maybe a burger from weatherspoons, much easier

Comment

Originally posted by Inca View Post
              Some crackpot made the rules that restaurants etc cannot 'donate' the food anymore..if we could have don't you think everyone of us would have been out there doing it?????
              As it happens 3 (and I dunno where the 'posh' bit comes from) nicely presented..well mannered and grateful students helped make the evening flow and I for one think the decision to advertise the do was spot on !
              I agree and although they could well have been described as savvy and middle class they were polite, grateful and above all made the effort to respect the purpose of the occasion. I thought it was a brave decision to put the places on Freecycle as it had the potential to ruin the dinner. As it was it added to it.

Comment

[QUOTE=Amethyst;392113]I am quite honestly shocked that anyone could possibly have an issue with our inviting others to attend when we were contracted to 22 places (paid for) regardless of how many attended (14) or paid ( 11 )

It won't be happening again, we'll keep things informal like they used to be, just a group of friends meeting in a pub for a few bevvies and maybe a burger from weatherspoons, much easier [/Q del

Comment

Oisin Lunny @oisinlunny Kudos to @LegalBeagles for Freecycling their spare dinner places this evening. pic.twitter.com/FQrgxnE6w4

I'm pretty certain that is what we are all about.
                  #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Highlights of my jolly to Brighton :-
                    Meeting Enaid at station and her having me in hysterics with seconds
                    Going to the Lanes and getting a bit of bling=bling kerching
                    My Essex bird rocking up........that meant the world to me,,she had broken her back to get there
                    Kate virtually carrying me up the steps
                    Gaining Bob the Beagle
                    Lovely food,,fab company,,
                    Spending time chatting to the 'faceless names'..and discovering I actually like them
                    Kate doing her 'Usain Bolt# to capture enaid doing her 'flying banana'
                    Enaid doing her 'flying banana'
                    My Rob totally relaxed,,,he doesn't mix easily,,he's shy.
                    Oh and Amethyst and Jules being a lovely couple x

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
                      I hope this means you got to eat my £25 melon balls uke:and not those freeloading students from Freecycle?

Comment

LOL!

I felt sorry for them - they had to put up with us bunch of hooligans!

arty::cheer2::lalala::eek2:
                        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                        Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                        gets his brain a-going.
                        Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                        The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

I am quite honestly shocked that anyone could possibly have an issue with our inviting others to attend when we were contracted to 22 places (paid for) regardless of how many attended (14) or paid ( 11 )

Originally posted by wales01man View Post
                          The weekend was a success so whats the problem for others who moan that you had 3 guests ,
                          The meal was lovely and so was the company. I can't say I'm a big fan of burgers, so I liked it the way it was, SPOT ON! :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

I very much doubt anyone was bothered by the 3 students, I certainly wasn't, and didn't hear anyone complain about their presence at dinner when we went down to the bar, or at breakfast the morning after.

What was said on posts above was NOT that we were bothered by the students' presence or the fact that they were invited, but that there may have been people who were more deserving of a free meal in terms of need, i.e. a homeless person on the street who probably relies on begging for spare change to eat, as opposed to students with a roof over their heads and enough for 3 basic meals a day.

Some people, PlanB amongst them, feel very strongly about the plight of the homeless. As is the case with all issues regarding poverty, both in this country and abroad, the problem is often the lack of a direct link between waste and need. You can't use the food that's going out of date in your kitchen to feed the starving in Africa. You'd think it would be easier to feed the homeless in Brighton with spare food from the Hilton's kitchens, but it seems there is also red tape in place which prevents that:

Originally posted by Inca View Post
                          One of the most absurd and ridiculous rules ever, although I can't say I'm surprised, it looks like The Age of Absurdity quickly followed the Age of Aquarius!

That was no doubt thought of by someone from a privileged background who thought rats are more deserving than people.

Comment

Morning all,

I did not realise that the Hotel would take such a ridiculous stance. I am very upset that both my wife and I could not make it. We were both 'proper poorly'!

Do you wish for me to pay for our two meals, as I do not want to think that Beagles were being short changed?

Reply asap please and I will arrange immediate payment.

Best wishes all,

Dougal

Comment

It's all sorted please don't worry xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                              #staysafestayhome

Comment

All elf'n'safety issues probably brought in by the EU, no one disputes that wasted food should indeed go to the needy, but rules is rules and I would imagine trying to bring homeless folks in off the street to dine with us would have caused a lot more problems than having the 3 students join us.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X