• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Spring 2011 Meet London 2nd April

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Spring 2011 Meet London 2nd April

You escaped from the Nottingham Court.....so best come disguised as Guy Fawkes this time x

Originally posted by Tools View Post
    In that case I`m wearing a disguise.

Comment

Hi Guys and Girls

Very exciting just 2 weeks to go.....

Everybody is very welcome to join us in the Pub 'Lord Moon of the Mall' from Mid-day on Saturday for lunch and drink until 13:45pm again after the Houses of Commons Tour for those that have already booked the tour (Not sure how long the tour is but I suspect we will be back at the pub for more refreshments by arround 4ish) and will stay at the pub for a good few hours and maybe will decide if we are eating there or elsewhere.

On behalf of Legal Beagles we would love to meet you all at the Lord Moon Pub, address below:-

Lord Moon of the Mall
      16-18 Whitehall, Westminster, London SW1A 2DY
      Tel :020 7839 7701

Tuttsi xx
      Last edited by TUTTSI; 19th March 2011, 10:30:AM.

Comment

I may be a latecomer, as my train is due at KX at 1312. If on time, then I hope to meet you all at the Lord Moon, but if late, then I'll head straight for Westminster and hope to meet you at the Visitors' Entrance - which appears to be the Cromwell Green entrance. Is that correct ?

Apparently, the tour takes about 75 mins.

If I don't turn up in time for the tour, then please give my ticket to some other poor schmuck, and I'll settle up at the pub later. Perhaps we'll arm-wrestle for it.

I'd love to visit Manzi's/Manze's if possible. Anybody else for pie 'n' mash later ?

Comment

Pie n Mash, yeserrrrrrrreeeeee I'm in :grin:

Comment

Houses of Parliament Info
            Saturday 2nd April
            2.30pm start of tour - arrive 20 mins before

at CROMWELL GREEN ENTRANCE - number 6 on right hand side of map

http://www.parliament.uk/documents/upload/faxmap.pdf

Comment

Shame Mazies will be closed after HOC...

87 Tower Bridge Road SE1 4TW.

Situated about half a mile South of Tower Bridge and 300 meters North of the Old Kent Road. Parking should be on the right of Tower Bridge Road on a pay and display, do not turn left in Tower Bridge road or you will be in the congestion charge zone.
              Phone: 020 7407 2985 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 020 7407 2985 end_of_the_skype_highlighting

Mon: 11am - 2pm,
              Tue-Thurs: 10.30am - 2pm,
              Fri: 10am - 2.30pm,
              Sat: 10am - 2.45pm.

Note. Mon-Sat take away is available for upto 15mins after closing time.

Originally posted by Bill-K View Post
              I may be a latecomer, as my train is due at KX at 1312. If on time, then I hope to meet you all at the Lord Moon, but if late, then I'll head straight for Westminster and hope to meet you at the Visitors' Entrance - which appears to be the Cromwell Green entrance. Is that correct ?

Apparently, the tour takes about 75 mins.

If I don't turn up in time for the tour, then please give my ticket to some other poor schmuck, and I'll settle up at the pub later. Perhaps we'll arm-wrestle for it.

I'd love to visit Manzi's/Manze's if possible. Anybody else for pie 'n' mash later ?

Comment

Originally posted by TUTTSI View Post
                Shame Mazies will be closed after HOC...

87 Tower Bridge Road SE1 4TW.

Situated about half a mile South of Tower Bridge and 300 meters North of the Old Kent Road. Parking should be on the right of Tower Bridge Road on a pay and display, do not turn left in Tower Bridge road or you will be in the congestion charge zone.
                Phone: 020 7407 2985 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 020 7407 2985 end_of_the_skype_highlighting

Mon: 11am - 2pm,
                Tue-Thurs: 10.30am - 2pm,
                Fri: 10am - 2.30pm,
                Sat: 10am - 2.45pm.

Note. Mon-Sat take away is available for upto 15mins after closing time.

Can't be that good then or popularity would make them stay open longer lol

Comment

I found this one but they close at 5:30pm on Saturday. They are not too far away from Westminster although in traffic could still take arround 30 minutes. Let me know what you think as we would have to leave the pub at 4:30pm latest ?

Cockney's Pie & Mash Shop

Cafes, Snack Shops & Tea Rooms in North Kensington, London
                  Cockney's Pie & Mash Shop serve a variety of pies and mashed potato dishes.
                  Been here? Write a review Want to go? Save for later

Share Print
                  Address

314 Portobello Road
                  North Kensington, London W10 5RU
                  Telephone

020 8960 9409 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 020 8960

Comment

Well not meaning to sound rude or ungrateful, but after a stroll around the HOL I will be parking me bum in nearest watering hole and it will be resting there until it is ready for bed lol.
                    Just letting yu know so you don't have to worry about me in the mix xxx

Comment

Mother Mash

Time Out says

By Time Out Editors Posted: Nov 10 2008

This light, bright dining room with white tiled walls and marble table-tops makes a pleasingly cool, clean space in which to tuck into steamy piles of comfort food. Tall wooden booths comfortably seat four, with one table at the back for larger groups. The menu is laid out in three steps. Step One: choose your mash. This isn't as easy as it seems; the list includes horseradish, colcannon, champ and classic - and do you want it mashed or bashed? Step Two: choose your pie. There's lamb and rosemary, Aberdeen Angus steak, or maybe you'd prefer sausages. Step Three: the all-important gravy. The selection includes liquor, vegetarian, and mushroom and bacon. Despite all the choice, a meal here is undoubtedly about the mash. It's perfect: buttery and whipped until fluffy. Sadly, our stingily filled pie paled in comparison; and the gravy was over-abundant. Sausages were pretty ordinary too. The sweet pies are much better; apple and rhubarb pie, from the daily specials, was lovely, and came with a scoop of vivid yellow vanilla ice-cream. Chirpy staff and an appealing list of beers and wine make Mother Mash a worthy place to begin a night on the town.

26 Ganton Street W1F 7QZ Transport Oxford Circus tube
                      Telephone 020 7494 9644 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 020 7494 9644 end_of_the_skype_highlighting

Mother Mash website
                      http://www.mothermash.co.uk
                      Meals served 8.30am-10pm Mon-Fri; noon-10pm Sat; noon-5pm Sun. It is open until 10pm on Saturday and looks like it has some variety as well.

Main courses £6.95-£7.95.

I think this is worth considering for later after we have sat and refreshed ourselves. It is also in the Soho area....for those who want to explore there old haunts.

Credit cards AmEx, MC, V
                      Last edited by TUTTSI; 29th March 2011, 12:12:PM.

Comment

I'm up for Pie and Mash and Liquor (both kinds LOL!!)

I think the Manze as in posts above is not the orginal authentic Manzies!! There did used to be one off Piccadilly Circus but I think it must have closed down as I can't locate it anywhere.

The Cockney job above seems a good alternative.

Comment

Looks like Manze's is a no-go, but perhaps we can do one of the others Tuttsi has found. I can't see the opening times for Cockney's, but MotherMash seems possible. OK - the pie filling may be a bit stingy, but I'm sure it'll seem fine after a pint or seven.

Jax, I reckon the Manze's you mention may have been one of the Manze brothers' outlets. From what I can see, 87 Tower Bridge Rd is the original shop. Maybe we can hit it another time, eh ?

History

Comment

There's a fantastic Pie n Mash shop in Bethnal Green Road and they serve the best Stewed Eels too. The only problem is its a bit out of the way for a quick bite to eat and of course I'm not sure they will appreciate it if they see a 6ft hairy gorilla walk in either msl:

Comment

Originally posted by sapphire View Post
                              There's a fantastic Pie n Mash shop in Bethnal Green Road and they serve the best Stewed Eels too. The only problem is its a bit out of the way for a quick bite to eat and of course I'm not sure they will appreciate it if they see a 6ft hairy gorilla walk in either msl:
                              ....or even Bill.....

ps----I'm not going anywhere near a stewed eels shop----bloody southerners

Comment

Originally posted by Turboman View Post
                                ....or even Bill.....

ps----I'm not going anywhere near a stewed eels shop----bloody southerners
                                I was thinking they could do with a touch o Black Pudding, proper food pmsl

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X