• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Sir Fred Goodwin is not a banker

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sir Fred Goodwin is not a banker

Maybe we will be like China, where they limit what people can view on the internet and world news.

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
    Imho, this has tolled the death knell on super-injunctions.
    What are the Judges going to do; overturn Parliamentary Privilege while at the same time banning the entire UK population from Google Search?

Comment

Originally posted by Angry Cat View Post
      The footballer that now one must name, has just been named on channel 5 news @ 5pm

Apparently, an MP used his parlimentary privilge to name him, so now papers are reporting on this guy using the name 'Ryan Giggs' in parliament
      his name was on twitter weeks ago(and as a twit myself I knew very early on), it was in the Sunday Herald in Scotland albeit the picture with the words censored over the front of the eyes.

With regards to Sir Fred, initially we didn't know what he had a super injunction for. Only recently did we find that it was because he had an affair and yet again twitter and the www outed the name. To be honest, a super injunction is a complete waste of time in the internet age cos it holds no water.
      "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
      (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

I find this all very sad as it just shows what a complete shambles British Law has become. The arrogance and disrespect of parliament (whatever we may think of its members individually) by these bewigged buffoons beggars belief.

They are consistently and incessantly whinging and whining on about ordinary people having no respect for the law.

I HAVE ONE PIECE OF ADVICE FOR THE JUDICIARY AND THE LORD CHANCELLOR'S OFFICE:-
        TAKE A GOOD LOOK IN YOUR BATHROOM MIRROR THIS MORNING- YOU ARE LOOKING AT THE PROBLEM!

regards
        Garlok

Comment

Originally posted by leclerc View Post
          Have we found out who he had the affair with since the news have said that the injunction has been lifted?
          I suspect its everyone in this country as he has effectively 'shafted' us all msl:

Comment

Originally posted by Garlok View Post
            I find this all very sad as it just shows what a complete shambles British Law has become. The arrogance and disrespect of parliament (whatever we may think of its members individually) by these bewigged buffoons beggars belief.

They are consistently and incessantly whinging and whining on about ordinary people having no respect for the law.

I HAVE ONE PIECE OF ADVICE FOR THE JUDICIARY AND THE LORD CHANCELLOR'S OFFICE:-
            TAKE A GOOD LOOK IN YOUR BATHROOM MIRROR THIS MORNING- YOU ARE LOOKING AT THE PROBLEM!

regards
            Garlok
            Only my opinion, but this is just another battle in the age-old war between the Judiciary & Parliament as to who rules the roost. (I don't think their Lordships have ever forgiven Cromwell for what happened to Charles I, lol)
            CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
            Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
            gets his brain a-going.
            Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
            The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Perhaps that is why I do so badly in life, I have always aspired to be leveller in the New Model Army or change my name by deed poll to Mathew Hopkins (banker finder general). The French took our idea and removed their problems with Madame Guillotine.

You could knit Charity whilst I pulled the string!

regards
              Garlok

Comment

Call for 'gag shambles' law change - AOL NEWS

Comment

Unfortunately this has clearly demonstrated that there actaully is a "them and us" situation in the country. Lord wakeman is correct in what he says in the above link.

I have discussed on another thread the impact of IR35 on the technical abilities of this country but the Paymaster Genral insisted on implementing it. The original list of exemptions included:-

ENTERTAINERS.
                  PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALLERS
                  HOSPITAL CONSULTANTS ( ripping the NHS off with private work using OUR resources)
                  FREELANCE TRADERS WORKING IN BANKS.

This heinous piece of "legislation" is nothing more than out and out discrimination against ordinary folk, yet this latest gagging shambles demonstrates further that if you have enough then you can even buy the courts and judges. Something that seems to have been lost on this thread is the fact that ALL of these super injunction people have courted the media for their own ends when it has suited them, yet when the wheel turns and it no longer suits their selfish ends then they whinge to the courts and buy their way to gagging the media they have courted.

To be honest they deserve everything they get if they are found out shagging the bosses wife or worse.

regards
                  Garlok

Comment

Originally posted by Garlok View Post
                    Unfortunately this has clearly demonstrated that there actaully is a "them and us" situation in the country. Lord wakeman is correct in what he says in the above link.

I have discussed on another thread the impact of IR35 on the technical abilities of this country but the Paymaster Genral insisted on implementing it. The original list of exemptions included:-

ENTERTAINERS.
                    PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALLERS
                    HOSPITAL CONSULTANTS ( ripping the NHS off with private work using OUR resources)
                    FREELANCE TRADERS WORKING IN BANKS.

This heinous piece of "legislation" is nothing more than out and out discrimination against ordinary folk, yet this latest gagging shambles demonstrates further that if you have enough then you can even buy the courts and judges. Something that seems to have been lost on this thread is the fact that ALL of these super injunction people have courted the media for their own ends when it has suited them, yet when the wheel turns and it no longer suits their selfish ends then they whinge to the courts and buy their way to gagging the media they have courted.

To be honest they deserve everything they get if they are found out shagging the bosses wife or worse.

regards
                    Garlok
                    And what does the man who shagged the Royal Bank;
                    the Country and;
                    cheated on his wife, deserve?

Comment

One of these days, I am going to school you in the correct use of the semi colon.

Comment

They reckon it cost for the gaging order for Mr G £250k what a waste of money and a total waste of time. It is now yesterdays news and who cares what he did tbvh, it only sells newspapers.

Comment

While we're on the subject (sort of), what about other types of 'gagging' orders?
                          Big Business hiding behind 'commercial confidentiality'.
                          'Legal privilege'
                          &, of course*; those who use Freedom of Information exemptions as a 'get out of jail' card in almost any request!!

*The semi-colon has been a sadly underused punctuation mark, destined, I fear, to suffer the fate of the Dodo.
                          Bring back the semi-colon, I say!!
                          And as for the Oxford comma..................:bounce:
                          CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                          Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                          gets his brain a-going.
                          Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                          The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

The Oxford comma is for numpties who were clearly absent from school the day that lesson was taught.

Comment

I'm afraid I can't say honestly in public, Angry Cat, the moderators would almost certainly be just a tad miffed and I would be in trouble again.

As to your comment Tuttsi, on the face of it you are right, it sells newspapers but in the Giggs affair what the hell. In the disgrace of Goodwin affair, it really does matter, as leclerc has said and demonstrated by documentation, he should have been fired under the banks own disciplinary procedures. You and I and everyone else has paid hard earned money that we cannot afford to right the wrongs at the institution he was responsible for. Yet vulnerable adults and the elderly are having their care removed or cut because so much was wasted on this appalling man and his kind. Is that correct behaviour for a so called civilised society?

Secondly his gagging order and that of Giggs and others like Marr has demonstrated clearly that our justice system can be bought, judges can be bought and so called ethical barristers can be bought. You and I in general are denied legal aid to get justice, therefore rarely do we get real justice.

I am aware of qualified people and people in senior positions who are both angry and worried at the seriousness of the situation. Judges making law is actually illegal and their constant demands should dee them removed from the Bench. Reference Bill of Rights. It is perhaps a clear indication of the state of our so called justice system that something so seedy as totally amoral people like Goodwin, Giggs et al have been the catalyst to bring this to the forefront.

To say that it is all trivial is perhaps flippant and demonstrates a lack of understanding of the principles which are being thrown to the wall which will eventually be of detriment to you and I, our children and grandchildren in the future if allowed to continue.

Remember, Abraham Lincoln, Gettysburg Address? "so that government of the people, BY the people, FOR the people shal not perish from this earth".

Now which tome shall I reach down from my bookshelf? Das Kapital or Mein Kampf?

regards
                              Garlok
                              Last edited by Garlok; 26th May 2011, 08:04:AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Amy View Post
                                One of these days, I am going to school you in the correct use of the semi colon.
                                I wonder if the etiquette of not correcting people is something that used to be well-known and now isn't?

Perhaps, you should focus on the issue raised within this thread and reserve your off topic comments to the LB Chatbox.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X