• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking Control Management/Gladstones Court Claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Parking Control Management/Gladstones Court Claim

Morning

I've just spoken to the court. She said email was fine and it takes upto 10 days to even process it as arrived in the court so if I send it today it should be fine. About to sort it all out now, but it'll have to be a word document (which she said was fine) because I have no idea how to make a pdf.

Comment

Also the Philpot character that wrote the witness statement, does that mean she's the one who's supposed to turn up in court?

Comment

Done and sent to both Gladstones and the court as a read only word document

Comment

Originally posted by TikiJnr View Post
          Also the Philpot character that wrote the witness statement, does that mean she's the one who's supposed to turn up in court?

She won't be there. They'll send the case to someone local who will read their brief , probably that morning. If you sent the email about the falsehoods in the witness statement, copied to the court to be added to the case file, then it won't look good for them if the witness statement is refuted and the witness doesn't turn up to be cross examined.

I'll be doing 1/2 things for you before you go to court to help you prepare but not for a few days. In the meantime make a list of all the time you've spent on this in hours and count each hour at £19. Add on to the list all costs so far such as copies, phone calls, postage etc as if you win, you'll be seeking costsand will need a break down with you.

M1

Comment

Oh blimey okay. Thanks for all your help. I've just read help ccjs one and they've included the copy of the ticket etc in that one. They haven't in mine. Can they then turn up in court with it or is that all they can bring now? I've refuted her account on 2 fronts. The 'it was upto me to find out what the fine was about' and where this place is. Her witness statement seems to include a lot of legal argument.

Comment

Yeah i noticed that. They've got a bit of a job on to evidence the"crime" haven't they

Her witness statement does have a load of legal argument, correct. It shouldn't and we'll be pointing that out too

M1

Comment

Yay I'm learning! Her witness statement should have read I wasn't there, here's a photo, I won't be in court. Haha! Thanks again M1. I'm going to calm down about it for a few days now =)

Comment

Sent the email to Gladstones and thr court about the witness statement being BS asking for it to go on file.

Comment

Morning.

I'm just about to write out the £19 per hour fee thing in case I win. Can I just check, the £95 per day thing, is that effectively what I'm making up from the £19 per hour? I've read the link and I'm confused.

Thank you

- - - Updated - - -

I mean the £19's together make up to a sum of around 95, not 'make it up'

Comment

No it's £95 for Friday. However only for lost work etc and this can increase if they are deemed by the court to have behaved unreasonably.

M1

Comment

Thank you. Can I just put for example

'telephone calls and emails which were not responded to - 1 hour, £19'
                        or does it have to be like

'12/05/16 - phonecall - 30 mins - £9.50'

Comment

You could probably do either but they may ask for a breakdown so it's better to have it. No need to add whether or not they replied though as each reply needs time to deal with it

M1

Comment

I've just had another email from Gladstones with a second witness statement with the postal pcn thing attached. Me thinks they are reading this thread! Does this chance anything?

Comment

You want to post it ?

Utterly incompetent arseholes.

M1

Comment

I'm not at home at the moment, hang on let me read it again and post the gist. There are only three points and the first two is her saying I'm authorised blah blah.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X