• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Evicted, Homeless & Suicidal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Evicted, Homeless & Suicidal

George 1 Council arseholes nil good result get back home and enjoy life whatever happens next GOOD LUCK

Comment

Originally posted by George Smiley View Post
      The hearing is not on 19th as stated by the barrister but 3rd of September...
      What happened in court today George? We're all still supporting you with this nightmare

Comment

Hello Family,

Apologies for a late response but I wish to update you the following....

1. Friday last week council through their lawyers offered the keys to my flat and allow me back into the premises on the grounds that:

a) We dont go ahead with the 3rd of September hearing.
        b) They are ''concerned'' with my medical circumstances

2. My lawyer advised I should take the keys to the flat, which I dully obliged. However the council officer who gave me the keys.... (happens to be the same guy who sent that letter that was filled with loads of lies to the MP ) gave me a new tenancy agreement which has the following which caught my attention:

a) stated that I was born in 2013

b) It was made on 27th July 2013................2 days after evicting me (25th July 2013), not sure they did this after getting a letter from my lawyers that I was taking a legal action against them or...?

c) The signing day was 30th August

d) The council guy stated that they will let me stay for a month rent free ( Told him all this will be decided by my lawyer so I cant agree or decline anything)

3. Went to the flat and found it was in a mess and smelly of course due to rotten vegetables that was left in the kitchen since that fateful day when I was evicted. Some of my wardrobes were broken, they never took the curtains, washing machine, and gas cooker. I took photos and of course spend the whole weekend cleaning up the flat

4. Saw the lawyer yesterday Monday and reported everything and immediately wrote to the council regarding my new tenancy agreement, stating that my initial tenancy agreement should not have been terminated in the first instance. And if they (the council) insist on retaining the date then they should ensure that a clause is included in the tenancy to ensure that I'm not in any way disadvantaged by the new start date. My lawyers also stated that they would seek to indemnify to ensure that I benefit from being a tenant for 9.5 years and my rights and benefits as long tenant with the council are not infringed as a result of their error. I sent the letter to the council by hand and we will be waiting for a revised tenancy agreement incorporating all the above with immediate effect.

5. Since my initial case against the council was based on illegal eviction so I requested the court the following:

i) Cancel the eviction order

ii) Set aside the suspended order for possession

iii) I re-enter my property

Since the council has agreed to let me back in, my lawyers notified the council lawyers that I shall open a separate case demanding compensation by end of this week. So they drew up something called CONSENT ORDER with the county court which has the following points:

i. I'm allowed to re-enter my flat
        ii. My application dated 26th July 2013 be vacated
        iii. Hearing of 3rd of September2013 (Today) be vacated
        iv. The Claimant (the council) agree to pay me reasonable costs the claim, to be assessed on a standard basis if not agreed.

Question to LB family:

1. I have the copy of the consent order which my lawyer signed (not sure if the council lawyers signed their part) and if not, since I vacated today's hearing, does that mean I've forfeited my right to be compensated?

2. The council removals company will bring back my possessions tomorrow, what if the refuse to return the items into the flat and fix everything as they found them ?

3. I'm meeting the homeless team member but as it is, I'm still staying at the B&B since my flat in-habitable. What if he forces me to move out tomorrow while my flat isn't even ready yet?

4. The council lawyers maintain that I was lawfully evicted and the court has no jurisdiction to award me any compensation. However they've stated bluntly that if my lawyers maintain that I was lawfully evicted and wish to commence a separate claim for compensation, they (the council) will ''VIGOROUSLY'' resist such application. Any thoughts on this?

5. Health-wise I'm not well at all so my employer says I should at take it easy she is willing to let retain me on 16 hrs a week basis until I get better. On the one hand I'm glad that she's concerned with my well being but on the other-hand, I'm not sure how I will handle the bills that will be waiting for me considering I want to stay sane and get on with life and be productive. Any suggestions?
        Last edited by George Smiley; 3rd September 2013, 20:52:PM.

Comment

.......... the suspense is killing. Hope it went well.

Comment

Im waiting hope you got a result George

Comment

So you're finally back in your home again although it sounds like it needs a bit of cleaning up

There's also lots of Red Tape to unravel to make sure you get what you deserve. And I'm taking about compensation for your ordeal. Go for it!

Comment

I'll second that. You will NEVER forget this ordeal aslong as you live. That deserves compensation.

Comment

Apologies....I had to edit my post above...

Comment

George none of us have ever meet you but your plight has united a lot on here and they all support you and I for one admire you for fighting something that this council should have never done best wishes for your future and may the council workers who made you go through this ROT IN HELL!

Comment

Question to LB family:

1. I have the copy of the consent order which my lawyer signed (not sure if the council lawyers signed their part) and if not, since I vacated today's hearing, does that mean I've forfeited my right to be compensated? I'm not a lawyer, but I see no reason why it should affect compensation at all.

2. The council removals company will bring back my possessions tomorrow, what if the refuse to return the items into the flat and fix everything as they found them ? Try to get them to sign something stating they are refusing to return things and install them as they were. Send them a bill / phone your lawyer and ask them what to do. As it is a normal weekday, this should not be a problem.

Just my best guess answer - don't take it as gospel.

Comment

I don't know the answers but I congratulate you on standing up for yourself and wish you well for the future.

Comment

Originally posted by George Smiley View Post
                          Question to LB family:

1. I have the copy of the consent order which my lawyer signed (not sure if the council lawyers signed their part) and if not, since I vacated today's hearing, does that mean I've forfeited my right to be compensated?

2. The council removals company will bring back my possessions tomorrow, what if the refuse to return the items into the flat and fix everything as they found them ?
                          Don't worry about the *what ifs* tonight. Tomorrow you're going to get back all your personal belongings :high5: Take photos of everything that happens on your mobile to record the goods as they arrive. In effect you're making a photo inventory hoto: Was there an inventory taken of your stuff when the bailiffs evicted you? I doubt it. Don't expect the removal team to treat your things with respect. They'll probably just dump them on the doorstep and then ask you to sign something. Don't sign it unless you have to! You need to avoid signing something which says everything is in perfect working order because it may not be :nono: Or maybe just sign to say you've received the goods "unseen". Scribble that on the delivery note

Comment

Also, just trying to think for you here - if you are not given a copy of the delivery notice, take a photograph of that too. Everything tomorrow needs recording as best you can.

Won't it be great to be in your own flat with your own possessions tomorrow night.

Comment

Apologies....my posts tend to be long and i dont meant to tire readers any way shape or form

Comment

4. The council lawyers maintain that I was lawfully evicted and the court has no jurisdiction to award me any compensation. However they've stated bluntly that if my lawyers maintain that I was lawfully evicted and wish to commence a separate claim for compensation, they (the council) will ''VIGOROUSLY'' resist such application. Any thoughts on this?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X