• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Evicted, Homeless & Suicidal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Evicted, Homeless & Suicidal

Originally posted by George Smiley View Post
    Guys, I need legal suggestions or any other legal points that I can use as additional info before I return to court.
    Perhaps a chat with Plan B will help when she can catch you. She is very knowledgeable about housing issues. Have you contacted Shelter (sorry if it says earlier in the thread)? Have you expressed your disappointment / concerns to your lawyer - they are there to help you, not to make you unhappy. At the end of the day, s/he should be coming up with your legal arguments for you, and indeed arguing them.

Comment

Today's drama:

1. The hearing is not on 19th as stated by the barrister but 3rd of September....(found out after making a call to the court)

2. Barrister has refused to hand over the skeleton arguments to the lawyer...(barrister wants money for it)

3. Lawyer has requested all the docs handed over by the respondent.

4. Lawyer is seeking another barrister to replace the first

5. I have been assigned a counselor for my mental issue

6. I'm also worried that what will happen if I lose the court case...does that mean I will have to pay the emergency accommodation I've been put by the homeless? Its a B&B that costs around £50 per day

Comment

anyone?

Comment

Hi George

Have you and Plan B made contact yet?

Also, East London isn't a Council, its an area...so exactly which council is doing this.

£40 to access your possessions sounds like profiteering.

We need media input on this. Happy to try and get some, but I need the NAME of the COUNCIL. eg Lambeth
          "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

anyone?
            Will I do :doggieyes:

I've called you loads but we must operate on different time zones :sleep:

I keep getting an annoying digital woman telling me you can't take my call :tsk: Does she know who I am :drama: I can't leave you a message since you don't have a voicemail service set up. But I'm not easily defeated so I'll try again over the weekend :cell:

I read your previous post and it seems things are heading in the right direction. Your lawyer has sacked your barrister (who you didn't trust to be getting things right anyway). The hearing won't be until September 3rd instead of next Monday which gives you some breathing space. And you've got a counsellor to help you cope with this surreal nightmare.

It's all looking good although probably not going as fast as you would like. The uncertainty must be making you miserable.

We're all still here for you :grouphug:

Comment

Originally posted by Celestine View Post
              East London isn't a Council, its an area...so exactly which council is doing this.
              I'm guessing Tower Hamlets. Am I right George :noidea:

Comment

Today's drama:
                I have an idea. Why don't you start a diary where you record everything that is happening to you each day. Or better still we could help you start a Blog :typing: I know someone who could set that up for you :wink:

I know from experience that recording thoughts and feelings can help when all around you is looking bleak. And you never know it could become an internet sensation and maybe even make you a fortune. Every cloud has a silver lining

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
                  I have an idea. Why don't you start a diary where you record everything that is happening to you each day. Or better still we could help you start a Blog :typing: I know someone who could set that up for you :wink:

I know from experience that recording thoughts and feelings can help when all around you is looking bleak. And you never know it could become an internet sensation and maybe even make you a fortune. Every cloud has a silver lining
                  Indeed she does! :grin: :grin: :grin: And I would be very happy to set one up for you, your story is likely to be of interest to a lot of people, it would certainly beat my blog!

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
                    I'll try again over the weekend :cell:
                    And?

Comment

You may have heard of a blog by A Girl Called Jack.

She blogs about her experiences of trying to survive and bring up her son on umemployment benefits, haivng been made redundant from a job in the Fire Service. Her blog has been very popular and successful and has got her camaigning work.

Comment

Originally posted by SpringerSpaniel View Post
                        You may have heard of a blog by A Girl Called Jack.

She blogs about her experiences of trying to survive and bring up her son on umemployment benefits, haivng been made redundant from a job in the Fire Service. Her blog has been very popular and successful and has got her camaigning work.
                        Just one short, but incredibly moving excerpt:

http://agirlcalledjack.com/2013/06/0...t-3-june-2013/

Comment

Hello Guys,

Updates:

Personal:

I'm not feeling well. Been off work for couple of days now. The mental health line has been helpful and I've been booked for therapy/counseling sessions.

- I still have suicidal thoughts and anxiety attacks

Legals:

-Lawyer says from the documents she's seen, the judge ordered the council to submit their defense documents from the 1st open date after 19th (Yesterday) so far nothing has been submitted.

- The council has not submitted their witness statements, and what they're relying on

-Lawyer is about to ask the judge to rule in my favour since the respondent (Council) has not complied with the courts direction

-The first barrister has refused to give the lawyer skeleton arguments unless she gets paid (£250)

-The Lawyer has lodged a complaint with the Chambers, ( I'm not sure if I should do the same) against the first barrister

-In the meantime I'm on wait and see status....

Homelessness:

-So far the B&B has been ok even though I'm with addicts, druggies and all sorts.

-Been doing research on INTENT-ional Homelessness vs UN-intentional homelessness and where I fit in those categories,

-This goes to Homeless Acts of 1996/2002 and If I do qualify for Priority need for accomoation

- I've also gone through the Housing Act of 1996, section 193 (2)

-Section 10.12 of the homelessness Code of Conduct.

I wish I could post more here but I really needed legal heads to help me out on this.

I cant stay for long here as I feel mentally tired and dont know what to do considering I've shared all that I have so will try to respond whenever I can but any legal advise would be appreciated.

Comment

Great to hear from George again I think I along with many on here wish him well and a result with this uncaring council

Comment

http://homeless.org.uk/legislation#.UhOHgG1S7ec

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1996/52/section/193

http://www.lindermyers.co.uk/uninten...means_417.html

Comment

George,

Have you told your counsellor you are having suicidal thoughts? In many regions, counselling now falls under primary care. Were you referred directly by your GP or did you have to attend a hospital for referral? You MUST tell the medics you are having these thoughts as a matter of urgency.

With regards to the issue of complaint, your current lawyer should be able to advise you.

With regards to anything else, I haven't got a clue, but I wish you the best of luck. PLEASE tell your medics about your thoughts as soon as possible. :beagle:

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X