• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Evicted, Homeless & Suicidal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Evicted, Homeless & Suicidal

George.

I've got your PM with your mobile number so I will ring you tomorrow between 11 am and 2 pm if that's a good time for you or suggest a better time if not :cell: If I withhold my number will you still take the call?

Comment

Originally posted by George Smiley View Post
      So far I've not got a single item however after making 5 trips to the council they gave me a number to call (removal company). Well, left several voice messages but they never responded. so I made a complaint to the council again.
      That sounds as if the council has subcontracted the work.

I got called back but I'm told that they wont allow me to take any items (clothes that i need to change or documents) unless the council gives authorization.
      They're mad.

I've not responded to my MP and make the record straight in regards to the payments and my situation.
      Why not?

Once he realises they've told him a load of lies, do you suppose he'll like them any better?

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
        George.

I've got your PM with your mobile number so I will ring you tomorrow between 11 am and 2 pm if that's a good time for you or suggest a better time if not :cell: If I withhold my number will you still take the call?

No worries, you can call at any time.

Regards.

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
          That sounds as if the council has subcontracted the work.

They're mad.

Why not?

Once he realises they've told him a load of lies, do you suppose he'll like them any better?
          I've already drafted a response in which I will attach all exhibits as per the batch I gave to the Councillor and of course will give her my side of the argument.

Yes the council has subcontracted the job to a private company.

Comment

Thought the councillor represented the people? Hope it gets sorted George you seem to be confronted by brick walls eveyrtime you try to get sorted

Comment

If I were George's councillor, I'd put up a motion at the next Council meeting to cut the Unhousing Officer's salary by one third.

Comment

if I were the councillor I would ask them to resign

Comment

Originally posted by George Smiley View Post

I've not responded to my MP and make the record straight in regards to the payments and my situation.
                  Do you mean now, rather than not (a fairly common error, btw!)
                  CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                  Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                  gets his brain a-going.
                  Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                  The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
                    Do you mean now, rather than not (a fairly common error, btw!)
                    From posts above, sounds like George has been using his phone to post, and the infamous auto-correct feature has a mind of its own!

Comment

I've lost George :Cry: :Cry: :Cry:

How could I be so careless :doh:

Seriously George, I tried your mobile number several times today (including texts) but I couldn't connect Maybe I had a signal problem in my area so I'll try again tomorrow. I haven't forgotten you.

Plan B

Comment

Didn't I tell you to get him microchipped?

Comment

Plan B
                          To lose one 'George', Ms PlanB, is, I'm led to believe, just a misfortune.

However, should you lose 2 of them, that would indeed (according to Mr Wilde, anyway), be careless!

CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                          Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                          gets his brain a-going.
                          Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                          The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

I'm here...always here. No call but will cross check with you shortly.

No happy with the way my lawyer is handling this matter.

I've written a response to my MP and copied the Councilor (chair of the housing committee) with attached /supporting documents. Basically we were supposed to have a postmortem meeting (after the court hearing) on the way forward and if there are any additional documents we can easily forward them to the court before the hearing date but looks like my lawyer is always busy or in meetings. Unfortunately I cant contact or deal with my barrister either.

Went to the council again today regarding my medication and some of my processions it was the usual ping pong.. after 5 visits, for the first time the gentleman did put some notes.

Got called by the responsible person in regards to my items...well, he says I should contact the removal company...which...told me yesterday that they cant allow me access to my items unless they get approval from the council.

I've also been told that the council lawyers are looking into this matter before the hearing on 19th.

Comment

Updates:

After complaints and the council has given approval to the removal company so I can have access to my possessions. But they want £40 cash every-time I go to take my items...say if i go for my medication I'll have to pay £40 and if I return for my toiletries or clothes they will charge me.

Comment

Guys, I need legal suggestions or any other legal points that I can use as additional info before I return to court.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X