• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

alleged assault, forthcoming disciplinary

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: alleged assault, forthcoming disciplinary

I have to agree with both JB and Wales. An Employment Lawyer would tear apart any case the employer/HR may think they have in a very short space of time.
    Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Originally posted by bluebottle View Post
      I have to agree with both JB and Wales. An Employment Lawyer would tear apart any case the employer/HR may think they have in a very short space of time.
      Thanks BB:tinysmile_twink_t2:
      “The only man who sticks closer to you in adversity more than a friend, is a creditor.”

Comment

You're welcome, JB. As you know, evidence placed before any court or tribunal must be evidence of fact, not conjecture or supposition. The term and concept of "reasonable belief" which, strangely, appears to apply to employment matters only, is not one I subscribe to at all. Its thrust seems to be along the lines of "it must have been", no mention of hard evidence to substantiate the belief. It is, in my view, a very dangerous concept and dangerous to both employer and employee. Notwithstanding, it is an Indictable Offence to mislead a statutory tribunal.

Comment

Originally posted by bluebottle View Post
          You're welcome, JB. As you know, evidence placed before any court or tribunal must be evidence of fact, not conjecture or supposition. The term and concept of "reasonable belief" which, strangely, appears to apply to employment matters only, is not one I subscribe to at all. Its thrust seems to be along the lines of "it must have been", no mention of hard evidence to substantiate the belief. It is, in my view, a very dangerous concept and dangerous to both employer and employee. Notwithstanding, it is an Indictable Offence to mislead a statutory tribunal.
          As always BB, your choice of words are exemplary
          “The only man who sticks closer to you in adversity more than a friend, is a creditor.”

Comment

Originally posted by Johnboy007 View Post
            As always BB, your choice of words are exemplary
            Thankee kindly, sir.

Comment

Well thanks to everyone who has offered suggestions. The stage we are at now is that the the senior executive has been seen shouting at the head of HR complaining about her legal bills and she is described as having aged noticeably.

What I would like advice about now is the proper way to format a written grievance. Can write one ten pages long, but HR seem to want one just listing short bullet points as the grounds of the complaint. How is this supposed to be done?

Comment

Hi sandeman,
                Just make a short list of the complaints and I will draft you a letter.:tinysmile_twink_t2:

Comment

She has already had the 10 page version, but came back wanting it summarised as bullet points of specific allegations. i dont understand whether she needs it that way because of the process, or whether she is simply trying to cut out some of the detail so it wont be considered. I think there are probably three main points, maybe four, about how the investigation was (mis) handled by management. But they break down into repeated examples of this same behaviour during the investigation.

Comment

Originally posted by sandeman View Post
                    She has already had the 10 page version, but came back wanting it summarised as bullet points of specific allegations. i dont understand whether she needs it that way because of the process, or whether she is simply trying to cut out some of the detail so it wont be considered. I think there are probably three main points, maybe four, about how the investigation was (mis) handled by management. But they break down into repeated examples of this same behaviour during the investigation.
                    If you have complained about many issues all at once, you need now to put them down individually.
                    This will enable the company to address each one as a separate issue.
                    Just do what they ask.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                    X