• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Court claim received Nov 12th 2020

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did some searching and found one of their signs. It only mentions liability to the driver rather than the keeper. Is there anything I can go further into this?

Comment

I did some searching and found one of their signs. It only mentions liability to the driver rather than the keeper. Is there anything I can go further into this?

Comment

ostell Not sure if this is okay ?

The Claimant has not provided adequate evidence/detail in the specifics of the claim to file a full defence. The full details of the contract which it is alleged was broken had never been provided, solely an image of the Keeper’s vehicle being parked in an undisclosed location with no evidence suggesting it is infringing on any contract. In addition to this a location was provided being Guardian Road, this location being too broad to specify an incident.

Further to this Guardian Road is a public highway and therefore the claimant has no authority to issue charges. In reference to schedule 4 of the Protection of Freedom Act 2012, to which a 'relevant contract means a contract (including a contract arising only when the vehicle was parked on the relevant land)’’. The Claimant has not provided the details regarding the relevant land on which the incident occurred, a single road name is insufficient and being a public road and not private land and therefore not relevant land under the previously mentioned Act

Furthermore this being of no recollection to the defendant finding it unreasonable to believe that a parking charge notice was provided despite the defendant or the car never being at said location, As the Claimant has not provided any information regarding the contract.

The details of the signage contract has been made unaware to the defendant, causing for confusion in regard to how the claim is being made, and how there is an unreasonable sum for said claim.

As per NTC’s ‘contract’ this claim is pleaded only as a breach of contract which can only be with the driver, therefore there is no law biding connection between the parties of driver and keeper. There is no mention of a right to pursue the keeper.
        Not sure if this is okay or not ?

Comment

Thoughts chaps?

Comment

Originally posted by Businessboy View Post
            Thoughts chaps?
            No, needs serious work,
            I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

Please advice?

Comment

I'm absolutely lost I know you guys have good intentions but I'm not getting specific feedback. Just to add more. I feel I'm drifting from my content of a defence. As pt2537 has now informed me that this needs serious work. So please I'm begging help me

Comment

sure if says that maybe he can substantiate his comment

Comment

What are your thoughts Mike?

Comment

As already suggested search the internet for the format of defence statements. While everybody tries to help by suggesting items for inclusion people don't have the time to hand hold and write it for you.

Comment

I'm not asking for you to make a defence for me. But I've had no feedback thst suggests where my current defence is at. Please just read it and tell me

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
                          No, if they don't know the driver then they can only claim from the keeper IF they comply FULLY with the requirements of POFA. There is no automatic keeper liability
                          indeed, and keeper liability doesn't cross into contractual liability, keeper liability is a statutory creature only, so they cannot pursue keeper liability on a breach of contract
                          I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

Comment

Okay great I've mentioned thst

Comment

I've had to scrap that. Completely in the dark. Going off money saving expert forum as they seem to be more active and direct with feedback. Looking like I'll probs lose this

Comment

Im not sure what you're doing, its been made clear where you stand. You cannot be liable as keeper in contract only the driver enters the contract. As long as you raise the points made above you are in a good position. If you dont raise those points you WILL lose

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X