• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Court claim received Nov 12th 2020

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any help guys?

Comment

Anyone???

Comment

What is it you need?
        I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

Wondering if my new defence is good?

Comment

I have no idea, we dont seem to have the claim details do we? I dont know what the claimants case is, we need to see the question before we can say that the answer is any good
            I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

Comment

It's all one the first page of the forum

Comment

Originally posted by Businessboy View Post
                It's all one the first page of the forum
                No, it isnt, can you direct me to the post where you state what the particulars of claim say.

Comment

Please see everything
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Businessboy View Post
                    Please see everything
                    There it is, i saw the first two docs but couldnt locate the claim. Now i can see it.

Ok simple. if the Defendant is the keeper but not the driver, then the Claim is misconceived, because the Claim is pleaded only as breach of contract which can only be with the driver, there is no privity with the keeper. Nowhere in the particuars can i see mention of the right to pursue the keeper, it doesnt seem to be there, thus if the Defendant WAS NOT the driver, then t hey are shagged

Comment

Okay awesome thats quite helpful! Should I use that and replace something else? I'm not sure how my current draft is going. If you go on page 2 you will see

Comment

Also I think your statement about not being liable as the keeper only may be wrong. I see a keeper liability if no known driver can be named

Comment

No, if they don't know the driver then they can only claim from the keeper IF they comply FULLY with the requirements of POFA. There is no automatic keeper liability

Comment

But the main point I'm trying to get across in this defence is thst they do not know where this picture was taken and its unclear. If I start talking about driver and keeper surely I'm then admitting the car was where they sat it was

Comment

I'm just not sure if I shouldnjust leave my defence as I've shown you it further up the page. Or involve the points you have included I. E keeper liability

Comment

You put everything and the kitchen sink in your defence. The main one is that they have not given details of the relevant land on which it was parked. A single road name is insufficient. and the road named is public and not private land and therefore not relevant land for the purpose of keeper liability under sched 4 of the protection of Freedoms act 2012.

The contract was the sign the driver saw. You have no evidence given of the sign that allegedly created the contract with the driver.

Here's some info https://guide2law.com/how-write-defence

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X