• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Court claim received Nov 12th 2020

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ostell I've now acknowledged, I'm going to start building a defence but the main basis will be based on the lack of evidence being presented

Comment

Acknowledgement made via the online system. Now drafting my defence

Comment

Thoughts ?
        Last edited by Businessboy; 17th November 2020, 13:17:PM.

Comment

This is what i have so far

Claim: xxxxxx

County Court Business Centre

Norwich Traffic Control vs xxxxxx

PCN

I am XXXXXX of XXXXXxx. I am the defendant in the matter.

The claim is denied in its entirety. I assert that I am not liable for the claimant for the same claimed, or any amount at all, for the following reasons. Any of which is key to the Claimant’s case.
          • The Claimant has no case to stand on
          • The Charge is not a genuine pre-estimate of loss and therefore an unenforceable penalty

The Claimant has not provided adequate evidence/detail in the specifics of the claim to file a full defence. The full details of the contract which it is alleged was broken had never been provided, solely an image of the Keeper’s vehicle being parked in an undisclosed location with no evidence suggesting it is infringing on any contract. In addition to this a location was provided being Guardian Road, this location being too broad to specify an incident.

Furthermore to this being of no recollection to the defendant finding it unreasonable to believe that a parking charge notice was provided despite the defendant or the car never being at said location, As the Claimant has not provided any information regarding the contract.

The details of the signage contract has been made unaware to the defendant, causing for confusion in regard to how the claim is being made, and how there is an unreasonable sum for said claim.
          Last edited by Celestine; 17th November 2020, 14:31:PM. Reason: privacy

Comment

Pre estimate of loss was killed by Beavis

Location given of Guardian Road is a public highway and therefore the claimant has no authority to issue charges

Add in that this is an embarrassed defence as a request for further details of the claim were requested of the claimant's legal representative but there has been no response.

Comment

Okay so remove pre estimate of loss?

Comment

I'm confused on your last point. So I'm an embrassed defence?

Comment

What if I didn't ask for anything???

Comment

Forget that, getting mixed up with another case.

Comment

Okay so shall I shown you what I've got so far?

Comment

Okay so shall I shown you what I've got so far?

Comment

Ive removed the post as it contained personal details which really should not be posted on the forum that anyone can access.
                          I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

Ohh damn I'm really sorry about that

Comment

Originally posted by Businessboy View Post
                              Ohh damn I'm really sorry about that
                              No worries, i was more concerning about protecting you, afterall its amazing how little info is needed to commit identityfraud nowadays
                              I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

I am XXXXXXX of XXXXXX. I am the defendant in the matter.

The claim is denied in its entirety. I assert that I am not liable for the claimant for the same claimed, or any amount at all, for the following reason. Any of which is key to the Claimant’s case.
                                • The Claimant has no case to stand on

The Claimant has not provided adequate evidence/detail in the specifics of the claim to file a full defence. The full details of the contract which it is alleged was broken had never been provided, solely an image of the Keeper’s vehicle being parked in an undisclosed location with no evidence suggesting it is infringing on any contract. In addition to this a location was provided being Guardian Road, this location being too broad to specify an incident. Further to this Guardian Road is a public highway and therefore the claimant has no authority to issue charges

Furthermore this being of no recollection to the defendant finding it unreasonable to believe that a parking charge notice was provided despite the defendant or the car never being at said location, As the Claimant has not provided any information regarding the contract.

The details of the signage contract has been made unaware to the defendant, causing for confusion in regard to how the claim is being made, and how there is an unreasonable sum for said claim.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X