• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lloyd’s sold debt to Intrum

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay, so def not statute barred - thought I best check now we have the actual default date.

How much is the outstanding debt approximately ?

They've provided 'Classic' terms from opening in 2002 ( which don't match the agreement which is for 'Asset' ) - and 'Generic' terms from 2010 for terms as varied. The agreement does state at the top it is a Credit Agreement "on the terms overlead and the full conditions set out in the document labelled Customer Copy" and it does also state you're applying for an Asset / Asset Gold/ Platinum card or any other card type that you .. can't read.... on the terms overleaf" In the example of Asset Gold conditions we have from 2000 the minimum payment is 3% or £5 rather than 2% or £5.

#staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Your correct it’s not statute barred
      balance at present £5018

Comment

Hi pt2537
        any thoughts on Amethyst question about default notice as per posts 58 and 59

thank you for all your help, it’s much appreciated

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber99 View Post
          Hi pt2537
          any thoughts on Amethyst question about default notice as per posts 58 and 59

thank you for all your help, it’s much appreciated
          Hi sorry been on holiday with the wife n kids

Right then, the issue with the defaults was they never contained the s10A statement under the regs, thus the debtor was never given details of their rights etc, which is fundamental to the point of a default notice
          I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

Hope you had a good break Paul xxx

It is on their recon ( of course) so it'd be an argument - and if you're arguing you never had a default notice - how would you know that bit wasn't on there ? ( if i am thinking of the right bit )

C68F1EF6-C430-4ECE-A502-563AC847AE57.jpeg
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
              Hope you had a good break Paul xxx

It is on their recon ( of course) so it'd be an argument - and if you're arguing you never had a default notice - how would you know that bit wasn't on there ? ( if i am thinking of the right bit )

C68F1EF6-C430-4ECE-A502-563AC847AE57.jpeg
              The law changed in 2008, the s10A notice must be included, you would know if its not there, because, it wouldnt be there, and indeed if thats the notice its NOT there
              I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

Comment

Originally posted by pt2537 View Post

The law changed in 2008, the s10A notice must be included, you would know if its not there, because, it wouldnt be there, and indeed if thats the notice its NOT there
                And the case in question, Llopyds brought their template to court, silly beggars, so we know their defaults never had it because the template didnt either hahahahahahaha whoops how to be an utter donkey in one easy lessoon, just send the Court your template lol

Comment

Ahh ....

10A

A statement in the following form—

“This notice should include a copy of the current [Financial Conduct Authority] information sheet on default. This contains important information about your rights and where to go for support and advice. If it is not included, you should contact us to get one.”.
                  ??

The DN template they've sent ( dated March 2019 weirdly ) is https://legalbeagles.info/forums/fil...tch?id=1460420 - only the first page - did they send the second page Bomber?
                  #staysafestayhome

Comment

Hi Amethyst
                    sorry for late reply
                    Only received the page I posted on here
                    thanks for your help and I hope you had a great holiday PT2537

Comment

Good morning Amethyst
                      i have received the SAR from Lloyd’s and the default date is different to that given by their complaints manager on two occasions.
                      Date given in SAR is; DFN date 29/10/2009
                      Final demand date 24/12/2009
                      PT2537 has pointed out that the law was changed in 2008 for default notices and Lloyd’s failed to include s10A in theirs in 2010. Would you or he know if this failure occurred in 2009 when they state they sent me a default notice out.
                      your help is very much appreciated

Comment

Amethyst (Nudge nudge!)
                        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                        Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                        gets his brain a-going.
                        Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                        The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

I don't know I'm afraid - I'd expect so as the rules changed in 2008 and they didn't rectify their DN's until 2011 so it's unlikely they did it correctly in 2009 then went back to doing it incorrectly in 2010.
                          #staysafestayhome

Comment

Thank you Amethyst for your reply
                            I was thinking along the same lines.
                            many thanks
                            Bomber99 x

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber99 View Post
                              Good morning Amethyst
                              i have received the SAR from Lloyd’s and the default date is different to that given by their complaints manager on two occasions.
                              Date given in SAR is; DFN date 29/10/2009
                              Final demand date 24/12/2009
                              PT2537 has pointed out that the law was changed in 2008 for default notices and Lloyd’s failed to include s10A in theirs in 2010. Would you or he know if this failure occurred in 2009 when they state they sent me a default notice out.
                              your help is very much appreciated
                              yep it did til 2012

Comment

Hi PT2537
                                so they would not be able to take this to court or if they did their chances of success are zero. Am I right in thinking this way
                                thank you for your support and knowledge it really is appreciated
                                Bomber99

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X