• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lloyd’s sold debt to Intrum

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bomber99 View Post
    Hi PT2537
    so they would not be able to take this to court or if they did their chances of success are zero. Am I right in thinking this way
    thank you for your support and knowledge it really is appreciated
    Bomber99
    So technically they can still take you to court, but if the default notice is defective then of course that gives rise to an unanswerable strike out, the Court of Appeal said so, the Default notice is part of the cause of action so must be compliant or the yhave no claim
    I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

Thank you Pt2537
      your advice and knowledge is much appreciated as is the help of Amethyst
      It has taken a lot of stress out of the situation I find myself in
      Bomber99

Comment

Thank you Pt2537
        your advice and knowledge is much appreciated as is the help of Amethyst
        It has taken a lot of stress out of the situation I find myself in
        Bomber99
        youre very welcome
        I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

Comment

Hi Amethyst & PT2537
          I have been in contact with Lloyd’s again regarding the template letter they sent out regarding the default notice. Post 65 & 66

I explained to Lloyd’s that the template letter they had sent out is for a cheque/overdraft default and not for a credit card account default. They said this was just an example of what information a template letter would have in it. They are now saying they do not hold a template letter for when my account defaulted in 2009 but would provide a screenshot. How can they say they do not hold one when they actually took one to court in 2011/2012?

My question is would a screenshot be acceptable in court or would they need to provide either the original default notice or a template letter when the account defaulted in 2009

many thanks for your continued help

Comment

Hi PT2537
            where you mention Lloyd’s took there template to court (post 67) is there a case study for this.
            I have found a similar case in Ian Karl Roberts Brand v’s American Express but nothing on Lloyd’s at present
            Bomber99

Comment

Bump

Comment

pt2537

Comment

Hi there

The question seems to be one of evidence, ie what would be accepted by the Court as evidence of the notice. Well thats a tricky question, the court could be satisfied if they had a screen shot, but equally if you can raise a prima facie case to challenge the notice then they may have difficulties.

These issues are really case by case specific.

Comment

Thank you pt2537 your advice is very much appreciated

Comment

Hi all back for some more advice

lloyds have now sold on my remaining Loan debt to Cabot. I received Lloyd’s letter of assignment today. Do I now do a s77 to Cabot .
                      I have done a SAR to Lloyd’s and received documents back with agreement but no default notice. Debt is not statute barred as I have been making payments to Lloyd’s
                      What are my options at present
                      thanks
                      bomber99

Comment

Hi Amethyst

After some discussions with Intrum regarding the illegibility of some of the information in the Application/Agreement form (post 35) Intrum have now sent out another copy which is slightly better.
                        I can now make out the credit card numbers and these do not correspond with the account/credit card number Intrum are chasing. Would you have any idea how Intrum can link the application/agreement form and the credit card debt they are chasing together as they have different card numbers. Would Intrum need to prove the debt they are chasing is the same as the agreement I signed in 2002
                        I do have monthly statements from 05/04/2008-05/04/2010 for the credit card debt Intrum are chasing, These were supplied by Lloyd’s I don’t have any statements from date of signing the agreement on 23/11/2002 too 04/05/2008

On a update on the default notices.
                        they still haven’t been able to supply a copy, so good news on that front

Many thanks for your help it is much appreciated
                        Bomber99

Comment

sounds like you are trying to loose any case talking to them about illegibility of documents?? the idea is for them to fall at that point????

Comment

Hi Amethyst

After some discussions with Intrum regarding the illegibility of some of the information in the Application/Agreement form (post 35) Intrum have now sent out another copy which is slightly better.
                            I can now make out the credit card numbers and these do not correspond with the account/credit card number Intrum are chasing. Would you have any idea how Intrum can link the application/agreement form and the credit card debt they are chasing together as they have different card numbers. Would Intrum need to prove the debt they are chasing is the same as the agreement I signed in 2002
                            I do have monthly statements from 05/04/2008-05/04/2010 for the credit card debt Intrum are chasing, These were supplied by Lloyd’s I don’t have any statements from date of signing the agreement on 23/11/2002 too 04/05/2008

On a update on the default notices.
                            they still haven’t been able to supply a copy, so good news on that front

Many thanks for your help it is much appreciated
                            Bomber99
                            Remember that credit card numbers would have changed over time ( lost card / expired etc ) - however, did you have another account at the same time with corresponding card numbers to the application they have sent you? Yes Intrum will need to show that the agreement corresponds to the debt they are chasing - however they will basically say it is and you'd have to throw enough doubt on that assertion to show it may not be. Is the application for a mastercard / visa and were the later statements for mastercard / visa etc ? Interest rates are difficult to check against without the early statements.

Have they provided the full terms and conditions that would have been with the agreement at the time?

Do the monthly statements Lloyds have provided end up with the same debt figure that intrum are claiming ?

#staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi Amethyst
                              thank you for your response

the application/agreement was for Asset/Asset Hold/Asset Platinum Card
                              The monthly statements are for MasterCard
                              With the latest application/Agreement they sent out they also sent out a generic - customer copy-“Lloyd’s TSB Bank Credit Card Conditions- Customer Copy

Comment

Hi Amethyst/PT2537

l have negotiated a settlement figure of 40% with Intrum. So that’s another debt sorted thanks too all your help and advice. It is/was much appreciated. Please keep up all the good work you all do for us mere mortals

bomber99

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X