• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Gobbys Holiday Hell battle with Thomas Cook

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gobbys Holiday Hell battle with Thomas Cook

Spoke to head od dept today and they are recosting the claims worth this week and if I approve it they shall make part 36 offer to TC...............lets see if they do!!!!!!:tinysmile_hmm_t2:

Comment

I am keeping my fingers crossed for you that a pay out is imminent.

Tuttsi xx

Comment

good luck - hope you get what you want from this now!!

Comment

How is this going? Have you had a result yet?

I've spoted loads of mistakes and still chasing them!!

Comment

Hi Guys

Well we finally got paid out by Thomas Cook..........between the 6 of us it amounted to £16,000 I hope they are very sorry that they didnt accept my first offer of holiday gift vouchers to the sum of £3500

Comment

Hi Gobby

That is indeed great news, but going back to your first post it was September 2007 where you first started the ball rolling on this.

I mean seriously................... 3 friggin years to get TC to cough up?!

This is a typical example of big firms deliberately trying to grind people down by dragging out claims like this.

But big thumbs up that you didn't cave and managed to get a result.

Best
              Crispy

Comment

Yes I know 3 years a long time BUT I sacked original firm dealing with it then had a lawyer friend of mine look at the files who said it wasnt worth much(silly woman lol) then original firm representing me got in touch and said they were willing to still pursue it as there were now 17 others in litigation about same hotel and same issues.......We all won.......

Comment

Originally posted by theGobbyOne View Post
                  Yes I know 3 years a long time BUT I sacked original firm dealing with it then had a lawyer friend of mine look at the files who said it wasnt worth much(silly woman lol) then original firm representing me got in touch and said they were willing to still pursue it as there were now 17 others in litigation about same hotel and same issues.......We all won.......
                  For me that sort of re-inforces the point. If your solicitors had a list of 17 people all of whom had a complaint, then in my view there is absolutely no way possible that TC couldn't know there were issues with the hotel, but instead they were trying to keep a lid on it to limit their liability.

How many other people stayed at that hotel over that period who were fobbed off by that initial letter, or gave up after 18 months or so?

Glad you've stood your ground all this time though and managed to get a result out of it, even if it is 3 years later!

Best

Crispy

Comment

Well done Rosie x

Comment

Well done Rosie.... did you get as much as you were first told?

and a long time no see.... where u been hiding?

did you pass your law exams?

What happened with the kids?

Originally posted by theGobbyOne View Post

Comment

Hey well done!!! Knew you'd win this one - it was just a matter of hanging in there and ignoring their "we know of no outstanding issues at this hotel" reply LOL

Comment

Well done Gobby----ffs----I don't really know you after I came late(permanently)----got to read 85 posts------I will be back-----but you are so popular and deserve success

Comment

Excellent Roseeeeeee!! Well done xxx
                            "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

I passed my law/psychology degree with a 2:2...am now single but enjoying it.........I have a crap job but it pays the bills......going back to uni in September to do advanced employment law as I am using my gobby skills as union rep so union footing the bill for me to do it and hopefully I will then go and work in the legal dept for the union as the perks are fabulous lol......I didnt get little dude( I decided not to pursue as a family came in who would have all the children as a family group) but I do get to see him often and he's very happy...........and guys Ive missed you ALL.....so I would just like to say......feck fecker feckerty feck hahahahaha xx

Comment

Well done for getting a 2.2, my daughter just passed in Animal Science a BSc honours degree so we have the graduation early September and suspect you will also have a graduation. GOOD luck with employemen law, you will be able to come here more often and share your expertese.

Sorry hun to hear that you are single but pleased that you are enjoying your new found freedom. and seeing the kids must be a bonus.

Don't be stranger.... we expect to see you here on a more regular basis.

xxx

ps just noticed you should be a VIP? I will speak to Amethyst.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X