• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Gobbys Holiday Hell battle with Thomas Cook

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gobbys Holiday Hell battle with Thomas Cook

Please help me guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111

Comment

lol Gobby

Have you pasted up your letters to and from TC ref post 14.

Bit hard to help where to go next without knowing where you are now.

Also a bit more about the arbitration that was offered pls.

ta
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Arbitration is legally binding and they are independent and alls they will do is look at my complaint in writing and give TC a chance to respond the decide if we are entitled to compo and if so how much..............If you are not happy with decision its tough and you cannot take legal action if you use this route as its not allowed.........All i said to TC was that I did not agree with the findings of their enquries and wanted my case passed to corporate counsel for TC. I got no response and if I choose arbitration i only got another 10 weeks to make my mind up and get my case together so to speak as its only available for 9 months from the date of the start of holiday and will cost about £500-£750.............The maximum they can compensate is £1000 per person and to be honest I only want my money back(£3000)
        The letters that are posted up are the only ones I sent and got back from TC apart from the one asking them to refer me to the legal dept.
        Thanks Ame and I hope that answers your questions honey....xx

Comment

I also have the option of the Law dept at uni taking on my case for me.........They use qualified degree students who are doing there LPC and do it for free if you are a student at Lancashire Law School(which I am) So waddya think???

Comment

omg, i couldnt help but laugh when reading the catalogue of events that took place.

its rubbish when you have a crap holiday, i've had a couple of stinkers too, but, to a certain extent, i can see where tc are coming from with regards to the cockroaches etc you cant go to these places and expect it to be buckingham palace.

That said, at the end of the day, the advertised accomodation and facilities should always meet with your expectations, and they clearly did not so i dont see why you should not be entitled to some sort of compensation.

Stick in there :okay:

Comment

Originally posted by stevokenevo View Post
              omg, i couldnt help but laugh when reading the catalogue of events that took place.

its rubbish when you have a crap holiday, i've had a couple of stinkers too, but, to a certain extent, i can see where tc are coming from with regards to the cockroaches etc you cant go to these places and expect it to be buckingham palace.

That said, at the end of the day, the advertised accomodation and facilities should always meet with your expectations, and they clearly did not so i dont see why you should not be entitled to some sort of compensation.

Stick in there :okay:
              I could live with spotting 1 or 2 roaches steve but NOT dead flies in the food and on the tables at meal times or bloody rats on my balcony and rat droppings in dining room..................need i say more??????

Comment

You keep fighting on with Gobby hun, we are going on holiday in June through Thomas Cook and hope that our destination will be great. Mind you considering the amount of money its costing it blinking better be.
                We usually go with Thomson but himself has just informed me that Thomas Cook and Thomson are indeed one and the same nowadays.
                Anyway hope you win soon.

Comment

Just done a quick check and they still have your hotels in this summers brochures.

Comment

Send them an LBA indicating a sum of money that you think fairly reflects your losses and give them 14 days to pay up.

Anything else is wasting your time.

At the expiry of that deadline, issue your claim.

Comment

Originally posted by sapphire View Post
                      We usually go with Thomson but himself has just informed me that Thomas Cook and Thomson are indeed one and the same nowadays.
                      I think himself is confused - there have been two recent mergers:

My Travel and Thomas Cook; and
                      Thomson and First Choice.

Thomson and Thomas Cook are therefore still not related.

Comment

Originally posted by sapphire View Post
                        I think himself is confused - there have been two recent mergers:

My Travel and Thomas Cook; and
                        Thomson and First Choice.

Thomson and Thomas Cook are therefore still not related.

I would also point out that Thomas Cook have the worst legroom of any charter operator. I am only 5'8" but found their planes very uncomfortable travelling to and from Turkey.

Comment

Thanks for that info I will put himself right about the mergers.

We have been upgraded by the travel agent to get the extra leg room, free drinks and better food, because there's 8 adults going and she said they are making a tidy commission on our booking. We have also been given half price accomodation at the Holiday Inn - Gatwick the night before with free parking for the duration of the holiday.

Comment

Well done on the extra legroom - it is a bit grim otherwise. Blagging bargain hotel/parking as well is a great move too!

Comment

Oi you 2 stop hijacking my bloody thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cetelco View Post
                                Send them an LBA indicating a sum of money that you think fairly reflects your losses and give them 14 days to pay up.

Anything else is wasting your time.

At the expiry of that deadline, issue your claim.
                                Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrmmmmmmmmmmmmm LBA something similar to the bank one Cet????
                                Was just gonna ask for refund of cost of holiday.........Waddya think????
                                And I shall defo do it this weekend am fed up of big blooming companies taking the p!ss out of me................:tinysmile_tongue_t:

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X