• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Gobbys Holiday Hell battle with Thomas Cook

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gobbys Holiday Hell battle with Thomas Cook

Sorry for the hijacking Rosieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    In the meantime, you go for it girl and I hope you get all your money back hun.

Comment

Originally posted by sapphire View Post
      Sorry for the hijacking Rosieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      In the meantime, you go for it girl and I hope you get all your money back hun.
      mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhh

Comment

There is a consumer group who help with holiday & travel related problems free of charge - they may be able to help with such issues as I read here. I had help from them a few years ago when I had a nightmare holiday in Dominican Republic in 2004 - I got very ill and all the nasty problems mentioned above with nasty accomodations etc..

WWW.HOLIDAYTRAVELWATCH.CO.UK - There are loads of useful tips and hints in this website and they will help you with complaints with the tour operators etc.. the telephone number is 0121 747 8100 it's an answermachine leave your details and they'll call you back to help you.

You will get your refund and help is available really!!

Comment

Originally posted by ELIZABETH1 View Post
          There is a consumer group who help with holiday & travel related problems free of charge - they may be able to help with such issues as I read here. I had help from them a few years ago when I had a nightmare holiday in Dominican Republic in 2004 - I got very ill and all the nasty problems mentioned above with nasty accomodations etc..

WWW.HOLIDAYTRAVELWATCH.CO.UK - There are loads of useful tips and hints in this website and they will help you with complaints with the tour operators etc.. the telephone number is 0121 747 8100 it's an answermachine leave your details and they'll call you back to help you.

You will get your refund and help is available really!!
          Had a look and this site is fab...............Highly recommend to anyone else who has had shoddy holiday and I shall contct them tomorrow morning and I shall also pass the details on to the other trvellers we have stayed in touch with..........Thanks

Comment

Not sure whether a mod ought to make a stickey of this post because HTW are very good at what they do and they'll really fight the consumer corner!!

Loads of useful info on the website for before and after travel etc.. they really helped me to solve my problems with the tour operators etc.. I'd recommend anyone go here for help and advice.
            Goodluck - hope you get good answers here!!

Comment

Been in touch with holiday travel watch and they think I have a good case for personal injury as we were all ill and some other bits and bobs re: ailments seem to be fitting in and not just coincidence as I thought. So will keep you posted as and when although I am tempted to take Cets advice and just do an LBA............

Comment

Right peeps made a decision and have pased it to a solicitor who is going to take it on for me and sue for breach of contract and the ailments etc etc...........She thinks(knows actually) we have a cast iron case for compo and that TC will be sorry they didnt take me up on my offer of compensating us in vouchers to the cost of our holiday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                Will keep you posted

Comment

Have instructed a firm called Irwin Mitchell.....Am very impressed they are currently rthe number 1 firm in UK in lawyer thingy top 100.......They are wide known for holiday litigation stuff'( THEY RECENTLY GOT 2.5 MILLION £ FROM tc FOR 1000 HOLIDAY MAKERS IN A JOINT CASE) and my holiday insurance covers all legal expenses so here we go............Seems we all an individual claim for illness etc etc but also a claim for breach of contract so its onwards and upwards.........It also takes a bit of pressure of me as I have enough to do with my degree etc etc..............Thomas Cook will be very sorry they didnt settle with me and to think I was willing to accept some poxy vouchers towards a next holiday..........The other people who we kept in touch with are also going to use same firm as TC are also ignoring them and 1 of them had blood poisoning from the pool!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO BRING IT ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  Last edited by theGobbyOne; 23rd February 2008, 22:47:PM.

Comment

Good. It is high time companies such as this stopped trying to fob consumers off with feeble replies and derisory offers of worthless vouchers and begin to take their responsibility to their customers more seriously.

Comment

You go girl and get them... ruining your holiday - how dare they.

Dsxx

Comment

Very interesting, I am just taking Airtours to court for a disaster in the dom rep. Will keep an eye to see how you get on.:tinysmile_shy_t:

Comment

Originally posted by madbutterfly View Post
                          Very interesting, I am just taking Airtours to court for a disaster in the dom rep. Will keep an eye to see how you get on.:tinysmile_shy_t:
                          The firm I am using madbutterfly are apparently best in country at this sort of litigation...............so here's hoping!!!!!!!!!

And good luck keep us posted how you get on...

Comment

I had a bad deal with Baby BMI a couple of years ago and posted OTR - a lady sent me very recently a PM as she was intending doing a TV programme. BMI do not want to participate so she has dropped the concept, but just maybe she may be interested in your story...... you could always drop her an email.

Elizabeth.Woodward@whizzkid.tv

DSxx

Comment

Thanks guys, but I think I have a good case and know what to do, and if I stumble I'm sure you lot will help me. Be nice to get some comp to pay my debts off

Comment

Gobby, how are you going with this claim!!! - no news yet!!!
                                Dxx

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X