• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Gobbys Holiday Hell battle with Thomas Cook

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gobbys Holiday Hell battle with Thomas Cook

Brilliant news , congratulationsXxx
    Dragging myself and my family back into the light with the help of Beagles.

My Hardship Claim
    Me VS Abbey Win
    BIL HSBC Credit Card
    BIL EGG
    BIL HSBC Loan
    BIL PPI Win

Comment

Fabulous news hun.

((((((((((Hugs)))))))))))

Comment

Thanks guys..............and in response to tuttsi.................Holiday to Egypt next May already booked..........We going with My daughter and her OH and Evie and my hubby's daughter and her partner and 3 kids( 1 0f which isnt due till September!!!!) we staying at Hilton Fayrouz in Sharm el Sheikh................Am gonna use cash from holiday with TC to pay off my student loans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        xxxx

Comment

Hey well done you!! So glad you winning this one!!

Congratulations!!!!

Comment

Well done Gobby, think if they'd have known who they were taking on in the beginning, they may have paid up sooner and saved a few bob.
            Hope you don't think I'm being cheeky here, you did use a solicitor for the outcome, just wondered about the costs of that etc?
            Tell me I'm nosy if you want lol, but everyone knows that anyway lol

Comment

Originally posted by enaid View Post
              Well done Gobby, think if they'd have known who they were taking on in the beginning, they may have paid up sooner and saved a few bob.
              Hope you don't think I'm being cheeky here, you did use a solicitor for the outcome, just wondered about the costs of that etc?
              Tell me I'm nosy if you want lol, but everyone knows that anyway lol
              Got solicotor on a no win no fee basis and costs will be paid by TC anyways................The firm I am using just done TC for 2.5 million for a group action for an awful holiday. I have also rung the other peeps I was on holiday with and have givien them the name of my lawyer and the number and they are also going to use same firm.........Our cases should help each other as altogether there are about 30 of us. And yes you are a nosey mare but so am I so who cares lol...xx
              ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
              Originally posted by ELIZABETH1 View Post
              Hey well done you!! So glad you winning this one!!

Congratulations!!!!
              I cant thank you enough as it was you who put me onto this firm to begin with..........Lets hope they do what it says on the tin!!!!!!!!!!!!
              Last edited by theGobbyOne; 20th July 2008, 15:16:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I am sure you'll be fine!! Will PM you !!

Comment

Well done Rose, keep us updated with the response from Thomas Cook.

I think you should send a copy of whatever they come back with to the "Customer Relations Executive" who replied to you in the first instance. They need to see how much ignoring you has cost them. This kind of thing is inexcusable as had you received a sensible response to your initial letter none of this would have been necessary. Whilst I agree with argentarius at post #52 above, I think it would be good for them to point out that the initial approach policy adopted in your case was very costly indeed.

Comment

You could also go and join tripadvisor forums and post under the relevant hotel/resort forums with a thread warning other tourists what happened to you and your family etc..

I'm not just saying this from a vindictive angle - my thoughts are other tourists do need warning about what happened to you and the shoddy response you got from the tour operators etc.. then explain how you got help.

The website I sent you to HolidayTravelWatch do a remarkable job helping tourists out before, during and after their holidays with problems tourists run into while away on holidays. Veiwing their website actually shows us that problems are widespread etc..
                    So my thoughts are there could be people in the same position you were in - so posting on trip advisor forums might just help others who hadn't realised they could get help.

Comment

Originally posted by theGobbyOne View Post
                      Hi guys................
                      Well its all good news....I think!!!!!!!!
                      My solicitor is going to make a part 36 offer to thomas cook for them to settle without going to court and the amount is astounding tbh..............As there were 7 of us it is classed as 7 different claims so its near on £30,000 between us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                      Thomas Cook have 21 days to respond and the solicitor has said its negotiable. They have come to a figure of £4500 for self hubby and eldest daughter and an amount of £4150 for my youngest daughter and the 2 boys and Tarus............
                      And to think I was willing to settle with them without a solicitor for £4000 of holiday vouchers!!!!!!!!!
                      Wil keep you all updated as and when I get a response.....

They also said they will be adding a further amount of 'special damages'.............i.e. they are trying to reclaim cost of holiday to Egypt as it was taken to make up for the Cuba fiasco!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                      Hey guys just an update.............Solicitor rang me today and said that there is a further tidy sum to be added to each of our claims for 'special damages'. They had forgot to include it on the papers they sent me to sign.They couldnt tell me what the amount was over the phone but said I should recieve fresh papers including the new amount for me to sign and send to Thomas Cook.........WATCH THIS SPACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:tung:

Comment

Fantastic Gobby - WELL DONE

I love it when a plan comes together.

xxxxxxxxxxxx

Comment

Hi Gobby,

How are you getting on with this claim?

I am in the process of starting a claim againts FIRST CHOICE for my disasterous holiday in July 2008.

I plan to get in touch with the Solicitor firm that you are using, Irwin Mitchell.

Rgds Budgie
                          Last edited by Budgie; 6th November 2008, 12:58:PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Budgie View Post
                            I plan to get in touch with the Solicitor firm that you are using, Irwin Mitchell.
                            I hope IM are better at travel claims than motor claims, as I had to rewrite their POC for them, cos they forgot about the money, which was what the claim was for..

Comment

Apologies for not updating sooner..............Right my claim still ongoing but we have all seen medical experts etc etc.......TC have admitted that 29% of the people on holiday at this time reported illness and same complaints as ours.......IM are very bloody slow and in fact I have chased them up several times to pull their fingers out............We are told the claim is worth somewhere in the region of £3500 each!!!!!!!
                              I too have same probs as PKea with POCs as they can and do get stuff incorrect and I have let them know in no uncertain terms that they are dragging their feet and should get on with it. They told me they were making a Part 36 offer back in May but they still havnt done it. Have asked for head of dept to call me on Monday with an update and if nothing still not done I may ask for paper work and finish claim myself in small claims court.
                              So watch this space!!!

Comment

Good Luck - I hope you get somewhere with this!!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X