• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hamilton/HFC/Endeavour - Reclaim PPI

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hamilton/HFC/Endeavour - Reclaim PPI

The above states July 2004 which was just before the period that HFC was fined for.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=HFC...w=1280&bih=622

So I am not sure if that will help at all, although the loan was in force at the time they where fined.
    ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
    But why the adjudicator will not take HFC into consideration beats me.

Perhaps that is a question you need to ask I would request copies of all the documentation the FOS hold as I think that will contain some answers.
    Last edited by pompeyfaith; 2nd June 2011, 18:30:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
      The above states July 2004 which was just before the period that HFC was fined for.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=HFC...w=1280&bih=622

So I am not sure if that will help at all, although the loan was in force at the time they where fined.
      ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------

Perhaps that is a question you need to ask I would request copies of all the documentation the FOS hold as I think that will contain some answers.
      [/color][/left]

It was originally a loan for over 25 years, but with taking it out in July 2004, we settled it November 2005.
      I am aware though HFC were regulated by the FSA as from 2001 where the FOS could actually take on the case.

What I may do now is contact the adjudicator anyway, because we are still considering moving it on to the ombudsman, but write to HFC as well for more details.
      The only paperwork they held is what we supplied them with, they said because they could not locate the brokers info as they dissolved in 2006.

Comment

I know mine was sold to me before the fine came into action with HFC, but they were regulated in 2001, the FOS can take this on they surely if this is the case with mine in the end?

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/final/hfc_bank.pdf

The address below is the same as on my paperwork, and letters received from them have HFC logo's as well as Endeavour Personal Finance.

HFC Bank Limited

Of:
        North Street
        Winkfield
        Windsor
        Berkshire
        SL4 4TD

and I also have this address on paperwork from HFC

HFC Bank Limited
        120 Edmund Street,
        Birmingham
        B3 2Q2
        Last edited by di30; 2nd June 2011, 22:30:PM.

Comment

Came across a separate HFC Bank Limited "Customer Service Speaks with Form" logo HFC"

Both me and hubby had a separate on each.

It shows the name on the form who completed it.
          The date of loan.
          My personal details, name address, date of birth.
          Questions of anyone else over the age of 17 in our household.

It asks which broker or sub broker did we apply through (Click Finance).

If we received a FISA Borrower information guide.

Did the broker visit us at home.

Asked about any fees.

If the loan in joint names.

If joint asking if the cheque will be made in joint names.

Asking if we signed a declaration stating a single name.

Who's names specified.

What type of mortgage we have.

Do we have an endowment policy.

Do we pay childminding fees.

The details of the credit.

At the bottom of the speaks form it states.

Do you have a pen? please taken the following telephone number. This is Customer Services. Once your loan is completed, if we can help you in the future in any way or with additional funds please give us a call.

NOTE:
          Do not ask the customer direct questions regarding CAIS information returned from the bureau, if not disclosed by the customer.

(all the above was questions they asked us on the phone before the loan was paid out), so to me these are the underwriters do you think?

Comment

Well that looks like they underwrote the Loan, does the FOS have all that info?

Did you know that Hamilton is of the same address as HFC?

Firm name: Hamilton Insurance Company Limited. Address: North Street Winkfield Windsor Berkshire SL4 4TD. Phone: 01344 892666. Fax: 01344 892288 ..
            So Hamilton Finance Company (HFC) and Hamilton Insurance Company (HIC) are one and the same.

So they are who you should be chasing as I think you will find that it has HFC
            that actually advanced the money via endeavour who btw took a commission.

Is this Endeveavor:

http://www.cf-loans.co.uk/contact-epf.htm

I'm just trying to track back the internet for you with the wayback machine and see what if anything has been archived
            Last edited by pompeyfaith; 2nd June 2011, 23:26:PM.

sigpic

Comment

Well that looks like they underwrote the Loan, does the FOS have all that info?

Did you know that Hamilton is of the same address as HFC?

I tried telling the adjudicator on this many times and he would not have it, he said it had to be Hamilton, no wonder he is unable to actually find a direct relationship with them, because its HFC that dealt with it.
              Even though i did send the paperwork in relation of HFC he obviously pushed it to the one side and said no not them! Will try to find the email he send on this a few months back.

I think this is something now I will have to point out to the ombudsman.

They are all connected it seems going by the addresses doesn't it?:tinysmile_hmm_t2:

Comment

Email from Adudicator 2 Feb 2011

Dear Mr & Mrs

Thank you for your email.

As you are aware we are unable to set up your complaint against Click Finance as at the time your payment protection insurance policy was sold, they were not regulated by our service. Therefore your case is part of a number of cases where we are looking at if it is fair and reasonable for the compliant to be set up against the underwriter of the policy, which in you case is Hamilton Insurance Company Limited.

Your claim is similar in circumstance to lots of files where the policy is underwritten by Hamilton Insurance Company Limited. We are reviewing all the paperwork we have on these files to ascertain if there is an agency relationship that exists between Click Finance and Hamilton Insurance Company Limited. As yet we have been unable to establish this relationship, but our investigations are ongoing

However if this situation changes you will be notified.

Yours sincerely

M
                Adjudicator | Financial Ombudsman Service
                South Quay Plaza | ......

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...........

Email we sent to the Adjudicator 14 Feb 2011

Good afternoon Mr

Hamilton REF

I have e-mailed Hamilton who are also with Aviva in regards of Click Company just to see if they have any details via Click Finance.

They confirm they made contact with the HFC the Administration team in regards of our query.

However, I am sorry I have not sent you any further documentation yet, I was hoping to receive more details from the insurer/underwriter company.

But as started I do have brokers paperwork via Click Finance, the lenders and via HFC within our documentation and will only send them if they are of any use.
                The lender as you are aware was Endeavour Personal Finance, they have left contact details below of Endeavour who said they may be able to help.

I enclose copies of the e-mails below for your reference if this is of any help too.

Many thanks, I look forward to hearing from you.

Kindest Regards

.................................................. .................................................. ......................

After so many emails sent to him of HFC, here is one we received from the adjudicator 01 March 2011

Thank you for your emails today and yesterday.

I have noted the attachment you have sent and have been able to access it. Although I do not believe it is useful in terms of your claim thank you for sending it to me.

With regards to your previous two emails, as stated before if you wish to contact companies regarding your case then please feel free to do so. Although HFC has already stated to FOS that they are not responsible as the product was not sold by them, it was sold by Click Finance. Direct Group clearly state they do not have any record of you on their system so I do not believe it is appropriate to continue your claim against them. Hamilton Insurance were the company that underwrote your PPI policy.

I have not as yet received the paperwork you have detailed. However today's post has yet to be distributed as I write this email. I will email you once it is received.

Yours sincerely

M
                Adjudicator | Financial Ombudsman Service
                South Quay Plaza | 183 Marsh Wall | London |

He did confirm on receiving the paperwork afterwards.

Comment

ENDEAVOUR PERSONAL FINANCE LIMITED
                  CAMDEN HOUSE WEST
                  THE PARADE
                  BIRMINGHAM
                  B1 3PY
                  Company No. 02412558

Date of Incorporation: 10/08/1989

Country of Origin: United Kingdom
                  Company Type: Private Limited Company
                  Nature of Business (SIC(03)):
                  6522 - Other credit granting
                  6523 - Other financial intermediation
                  Accounting Reference Date: 31/12
                  Last Accounts Made Up To: 31/12/2009 (FULL)
                  Next Accounts Due: 30/09/2011
                  Last Return Made Up To: 31/12/2009
                  Next Return Due: 28/01/2011 OVERDUE
                  Last Members List: 31/12/2010
                  Previous Names: Date of change Previous Name 16/08/1993 GUNNTON LIMITED
                  Just for referance

sigpic

Comment

Yes that is the came company PF Endeavour. Thanks for searching all this out for me.

An email we sent the adjudicator on 4th March in regards of some contacts to the insurers. This is actually proving its HFC as well.

Good afternoon

Hamilton: Ref number:

I emailed Aviva/Hamilton again a few days ago, as you know they previously gave the details for us to contact Direct Group, and a letter prior to that from Endeavour/HFC with Direct Group's address, and as you are aware I wrote to them and they emailed back as they could not find any connections with Click Finance and Hamilton, and only stated that any insurance would be arranged by HFC etc.

So below is copy of all emails sent and the most recent one received below this email from Aviva/Hamilton.

I know this is confusing, but it seems we are being passed back to Endeavour again who were the lender.

So as promised - any emails and/or letters received I will forward on to you.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Mr & Mrs
                    .................................................. .................................................. .......................

He still wasn't having it though and of course HFC are going to admit any liability, he didn't try hard enough i don't think.

Comment

Yes they are all connected and hamilton is HFC as in hamilton finance company

sigpic

Comment

HFC BANK LIMITED
                        CAMDEN HOUSE WEST
                        THE PARADE
                        BIRMINGHAM
                        UNITED KINGDOM
                        B1 3PY
                        Company No. 01117305

Date of Incorporation: 07/06/1973

Country of Origin: United Kingdom
                        Company Type: Private Limited Company
                        Nature of Business (SIC(03)):
                        6512 - Other monetary intermediation
                        6522 - Other credit granting
                        Accounting Reference Date: 31/12
                        Last Accounts Made Up To: 31/12/2009 (FULL)
                        Next Accounts Due: 30/09/2011
                        Last Return Made Up To: 01/08/2010
                        Next Return Due: 29/08/2011
                        Last Members List: 01/08/2010
                        Previous Names: Date of change Previous Name 31/03/1988 HFC TRUST & SAVINGS LIMITED 01/11/1983 HFC TRUST & SAVINGS LIMITED 14/10/1983 HFC TRUST LIMITED 01/12/2003 HFC BANK PLC
                        Di,

I'm just sticking all this here so we can then piece it all together with address and such

sigpic

Comment

Yes they are all connected and hamilton is HFC as in hamilton finance company

That's about right PF.
                          However underneath the logo is has HFC/Household bank, this should have proved the connections and how the adjudicator could not see that I do not know.

We done a lot of chasing on this with different ones, also Hamilton who Avvia deal with now and here is the email below we also did send to the adjudicator, and HFC is mentioned again.

Hi

14/02/2011

Thanks for your email. Apologies for the late reply. I've not heard of Click Finance, therefore have contacted our H.F.C. administration team. In order to answer your queries they have asked me to ask
                          you to contact the Endeavour Personal Finance Customer Services Team on 0845 6028230, who will be happy to assist you.

Hope this is of some assistance.

Thanks

B
                          Claims Lead Advisor

.................................................. .................................................. .....................

And this we also shown the adjudicator dated 3 March 2011, we were given details to contact Direct Group about Hamilton as well, so contacted them, email received below.

Good Morning Mr & Mrs Evans,

Unfortunately we have been unable to locate any information relating to you on our database from the details provided.

Direct Group are an insurance administration company and we do have some dealings with certain Hamilton Insurance products. However i am afraid we are not aware of the relationship between Click Finance and Hamilton Insurance.

Many of the policies we administer for Hamilton Insurance are sold/arranged via HFC bank. We would normally direct a customer with this type of query to HFC on 0870 0100453.

I am sorry we cannot be of more assistance

Kind Regards

Ama

Customer Service Advisor
                          Direct Group Limited

T – 01302 380 300
                          E

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .............................................

Hi

Thanks for your email. I have been in contact with HFC administration regarding your query.

They have advised me for you to contact Endeavour Personal Finance directly if your query relates to miss-selling on telephone number 0845 6028230.

We are unable to advise on the sale of PPI, as Hamilton Insurance do not sell PPI, but would only deal with any aspect of claims handling.

Thanks

Ba
                          Claims Lead Advisor

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .............................................

Last edited by di30; 2nd June 2011, 23:57:PM.

Comment

Right,

According to companies house webcheck Endeavour Personal Finance (EPF) has the same address as HFC Bank in birmingham.

They certainly like to play the confusing game using addresses in Birmingham and Windsor

sigpic

Comment

So what we have assertained is that this claim lies with HFC Bank and are without a shadow doubt wholly responsable and the FOS are totally wrong in there assumptions and have not fully investigated this claim.

sigpic

Comment

Thank you PF you've been great.
                                I have until the 16 of this month to get back to the FOS so which is why I'm still working on it.

I do have the paperwork here for the ombudsman but I assume the adjudicator will keep hold of what we have given him for the review with the ombudsman.

The only issue is here now, would the fos suggest this as a new complaint or do i continue on the grounds that the adjudicator failed taking into account HFC etc???

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X