• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hamilton/HFC/Endeavour - Reclaim PPI

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hamilton/HFC/Endeavour - Reclaim PPI

............and waiting
    My feeling is, he will either send it last minute before the end of his working day, or email to say he is getting his manager to check first (experience of him so far this has happened can be rather slack ,or he will make us wait until tomorrow the last day of the week, at the very last minute!!

I know he did say today going by his email, but I emailed him earlier to make sure, but not a reply up to now........

Dear (Mr Adjudicator)

Thank you for your email you sent yesterday in regards of the posting of your opinion.

Please could you tell me if I will receive this by today then? many thanks.

So I can just keep a look out for it.

Kind Regards

Dizzy
    Last edited by di30; 21st July 2011, 15:46:PM.

Comment

And as expected...........no email from him today of his opnion!!!

Incompetant!

Comment

It finally arrived, but again as also expected, not good news!

What on earth have he done to my Click paperwork then, if that's not evidence then what on earth is?? I will be taking this to the ombudsman, so any further help on this please I will be ever so grateful.

A copy of his email and letter below.......sorry I don't know how to shrink down to size, some little words are missing on the end, but the main of it is there.

Dear Mr & Mrs

Please find opinion attached.

Please note I will now be on annual leave till 1 August 2011 and will review any response you make on my return. A copy will be sent in tomorrows post

Yours sincerely

M
        Adjudicator | Financial Ombudsman Service
        South Quay Plaza | 183 Marsh Wall | London | E14 9SR T: 020E:
        Last edited by di30; 21st July 2011, 17:13:PM.

Comment

Sorry about the 2nd part of the letter above, but here is one I just hand copied myself of that actual page.

I therefore can only base my conclusions on the documents I have on file, of which none provide concrete evidence to suggest Click was an agent of Endeavour and ultimately that the underwriter Hamilton Insurance Company Limited would be responsible for the sale of your policy.

Because of this, I do not believe we can consider your complaint further. I appreciate that this is likely to come as a disappointment to you. I know that this is not the outcome you were hoping for. But I hope that my explanation has been helpful in settling out clearly why I have taken this view.

However, if you disagree with how I have reached my conclusions, please write and tell me by 5 August 2011 - setting out your reasons and including any evidence that you have not already provided and that you think is important to your case. Could you please let me know now if you plan to reply fully but do not think you will be able to meet that deadline.

As we explain in our leaflet, your complaint and the ombudsman, consumers have the right to ask an ombudsman to review the opinion that the complaint cannot be considered further. But if we do not hear from you by 5th August 2011, we assume that you have decided not to pursue the complaint further.

Yours sincerely

Adjudicator.

Comment

I am tamping to be honest, but it was something I was expecting anyway.

I even supplied him with the copy of the paperwork with the logo of Endeavour with the details of Hamilton insurance. Everything I posted on here (lenders/brokers/insurance docs) is what I sent him in copies, and only a mortgage packager would do that sort of work, this adjudicator obviously does not have a sodding clue!

So when he says Concrete what on earth should that be then?

Do you think the FSA would know anything about these matters? mortgage packagers the involvement as such?
            Last edited by di30; 21st July 2011, 18:27:PM.

Comment

I reckon they are all in it together Di. I know its not the view of everyone but I honestly believe that they all work for each other. Has TBD made any comment yet? I am glad you are letting this go to the Ombudsman Di. You need someone to take responsibility. Why has FOS collected all this data on the insurers side of things? Is it to pre warn firms of future claims perhaps.... I know that is a warped view to have but its begs the question of why oh why???????

Comment

Bloody hell

XX Marshy!!!---Where you been

Comment

Originally posted by marshallka View Post
                  I reckon they are all in it together Di. I know its not the view of everyone but I honestly believe that they all work for each other. Has TBD made any comment yet? I am glad you are letting this go to the Ombudsman Di. You need someone to take responsibility. Why has FOS collected all this data on the insurers side of things? Is it to pre warn firms of future claims perhaps.... I know that is a warped view to have but its begs the question of why oh why???????

Thanks for posting up Marshallka, and I agree.
                  I'm sure TBD will be here soon.
                  I have until the 5th August to get back with any further evidence.
                  I really don't know what else I can provide really, but may do some digging with both Aviva and Direct group where both of these had taken over from Hamilton, not sure if it will help but anything's worth a try.

Goodness knows what they are doing with the data.
                  The thing now is because its been with the FOS so long now I will not be able to take if the small claims route, but feel all this with the FOS have been a waste of time.
                  I have to admit though, I will be glad to get this moved to the ombudsman, but let's hope he or she will see through this one.

Will keep you posted xx

Comment

I am hearing of quite a few claims that are clearly missold not going in the consumers favour, and at a time when they won the court case it is quite strange.

If they are not going to side with the wrongdoing why take the financial industry on in court.

Di I think the correspondance sent to the FOS from HFC/HAMILTON and all would be quite revealing have you considered getting hold of this?

Regards
                    ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
                    Why is the FOS rejection letter above predated ?
                    Last edited by pompeyfaith; 21st July 2011, 23:09:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                    If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
                      I am hearing of quite a few claims that are clearly missold not going in the consumers favour, and at a time when they won the court case it is quite strange.

If they are not going to side with the wrongdoing why take the financial industry on in court.

Di I think the correspondance sent to the FOS from HFC/HAMILTON and all would be quite revealing have you considered getting hold of this?

Regards
                      Why is the FOS rejection letter above predated ?

Thank you PF, it's posted dated because I asked him to email the letter, he also sent a hard copy in the post which is on the way to be posted tomorrow and he is away from office now until 1st August.

I have sent all the paperwork in relation of them all, which is why I don't understand PF, even though this was only going to be an opinion as he previously said on his last letter in June he could not conclude, despite sending him all the info since then, he still sticking by that decision he made in June.

Would they be able to send the info from HFC etc if I requested this before its moved on to the ombudsman do you know? Cheers hon.

I hope the ombudsman will be able to work this out. x

Comment

Di,

Sure you can there is nothing barring you from seeing it as it relates to you anyway, I was sent copies of letters addressed to the FOS from the Co-op bank.

I am not sure though If you need to make a SAR request although I did not as in my case they just sent it.

Perhaps email or phone then tomorrow and request it and if they do not comply then make it a more formal request with a SAR.

Regards

sigpic

Comment

Di,

Sure you can there is nothing barring you from seeing it as it relates to you anyway, I was sent copies of letters addressed to the FOS from the Co-op bank.

I am not sure though If you need to make a SAR request although I did not as in my case they just sent it.

Perhaps email or phone then tomorrow and request it and if they do not comply then make it a more formal request with a SAR.

Regards
                          Arh right, so SAR HFC then? not the FOS?

It will be interesting, and if there is anything missing if I did do this on the grounds of a SAR then they must surely comply and send even the details they forwarded to the FOS?

Thank you PF.

I think I will request a SAR actually, the last one received was from about 2008, and some things have gone on ever since, very interesting.
                          It was Endeavour that did send us the details within the last SAR of all their own paperwork/Click and Hamilton which all are provided to the FOS and this is why I don't understand why he cannot find the link via the underwriter.

The Adjudicator knows like we do that we are unable to go the Click direction because they dissolved, and it was the FOS to go the underwriter direction as another avenue.

Comment

Oh and btw you are entitled to be treated equal with the FOS and the lender and in my case the letters I was sending to the FOS they where faxing to the co-op bank so by that you are entilted to see the communication between your lender and the FOS.

Regards
                            Di,

No you want to see the communications that the lender has sent to the FOS.

Regards
                            Last edited by pompeyfaith; 21st July 2011, 23:45:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

sigpic

Comment

Oh and btw you are entitled to be treated equal with the FOS and the lender and in my case the letters I was sending to the FOS they where faxing to the co-op bank so by that you are entilted to see the communication between your lender and the FOS.

Regards

It works both ways.
                              Thank you PF, when I get back tomorrow I shall get on to this, cheers.

Regards
                              Di,

No you want to see the communications that the lender has sent to the FOS.

Regards

Right, so I must specifically request for the communications to the FOS and if I SAR make sure I add this in? Thanks.
                              Last edited by di30; 21st July 2011, 23:47:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Your Welcome it is the only way that you can find out what has been said between the FOS and the lender and it may give you insight into the adjudicators logic of thinking and the decision he came too as well as maybe throw up some evidance you have not seen.

Grab them both by the horns you have nothing to lose.

Regards

sigpic

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X