• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hamilton/HFC/Endeavour - Reclaim PPI

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hamilton/HFC/Endeavour - Reclaim PPI

I have named a few of the business in the subject line, because the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) Adjudicator are still investigating the relationships of the insurer to all involved.

The broker was Click Finance - dissolved in 2006, they do though have other Click Businesses, such as loans, mortgages and so on, and the same Managing director as well and other head staff.

Marshallka had spent a lot of time over at MSE on this one, and it first started about 2008.

As the broker dissolved, I could not make Endeavour liable either, but paperwork we did receive was administered by HFC as well as the brokers paperwork.

The only information I do have on the insurer Hamilton is the PPI policy details.

I am unable to go the Finanical compensation Scheme (FSCS) because when we taken out the loan in 2004, the broker was not regulated, yet HFC were, and the FOS have suggested to people in the same position as myself to go the underwriter direction.
    But to do this they have to see what involvement these had in the sale of the ppi.

I have some underwriters paperwork called a Customer Speaks with Form that was completed by HFC bank and both me and hubby have separate ones, we recall on speaking to them before the loan went ahead.
    Click Finance arranged the loan but the loan had to be dealt with by HFC, or should I say the insurance, so me and hubby had to speak to these separately before the loan was accepted and paid out.

So, even though the adjudicator is trying to pursue Hamilton, I do think it should be HFC and not them.
    All because the adjudicator says HFC have already claimed they have nothing to do with it, they would say that wouldn't they, and its only something Hamilton will say too.
    Tags: None

Re: Hamilton/HFC/Endeavour - Reclaim PPI

This one is going to go on forever and ever and ever me thinks..........

Email received from adjudicator after chasing them up again lol.

Dear Mr & Mrs ******

Thank for your emails.

As explained, Endeavour Personal Finance are not responsible for your PPI policy as they did not sell the policy. They are part of the chain of companies we need to establish an agency relationship between. To resolve this issue is going to take time. I appreciate all the emails you have sent to various businesses and these emails have been added to your file. As also explained we have not yet been able to establish an agency relationship between Click Finance and Hamilton, but our investigations are ongoing. If there is any change I will update you straight away.

Yours sincerely

Ma
    Adjudicator | Financial Ombudsman Service
    South Quay Plaza | 183 Marsh Wall | London | E14 9SR T: 020

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
      This one is going to go on forever and ever and ever me thinks..........

Email received from adjudicator after chasing them up again lol.

Dear Mr & Mrs ******

Thank for your emails.

As explained, Endeavour Personal Finance are not responsible for your PPI policy as they did not sell the policy. They are part of the chain of companies we need to establish an agency relationship between. To resolve this issue is going to take time. I appreciate all the emails you have sent to various businesses and these emails have been added to your file. As also explained we have not yet been able to establish an agency relationship between Click Finance and Hamilton, but our investigations are ongoing. If there is any change I will update you straight away.

Yours sincerely

Ma
      South Quay Plaza | 183 Marsh Wall | London | E14 9SR T: 020
      what a pain di you don,t need that do you.

Comment

Originally posted by cappo View Post
        what a pain di you don,t need that do you.

Thanks Cappo

This one have already been going on for a few years lol.

It doesn't help because with the broker dissolved - is them trying to find connections between all involved.

Arh well a few more years to go yet then lol, never mind, as said on my other thread, I must learn to be patient lol x

Comment

Thanks Cappo

This one have already been going on for a few years lol.

It doesn't help because with the broker dissolved - is them trying to find connections between all involved.

Arh well a few more years to go yet then lol, never mind, as said on my other thread, I must learn to be patient lol x
          theres patience and patience di isn,t there these people don,t know or care about the hardship they cause do they then they cry when they get found out,how,s your back today?

Comment

theres patience and patience di isn,t there these people don,t know or care about the hardship they cause do they then they cry when they get found out,how,s your back today?

So true Cappo.
            My back is getting there, thank you for asking, can move about a little more today, cheers x

Comment

they,ll all get sorted out in the end i think a lot of the time these banks/insurers/brokers mess you about hoping you,ll give up,keep at em di.

Comment

The usual update by letter came through from the FOS this morning......

Dear Mr & Mrs *****

YOUR COMPLAINT ABOUT HAMILTON INSURANCE COMPANY LIMITED

I am writing with a further update on your complaint.

As you are aware we are looking into whether we can consider your complaint against the underwriter of your PPI/Policy/ies. This is because we are unable to consider your complaint against the business that sold your policy/ies.

Due to the complex nature of the issues involved, there will be a delay. I am sorry.
                We will provide you with a further update on your complaint by 31 May 2011.

Yours sincerely

FOS

Comment

Even though I have been told (as stated on the above post) we should recieve an upate by 31 May 2011, I emailed last Friday anyway just to make sure, but not sure if I like the sound of it............"If you have any queries on receipt of this update, please do not hesitate to contact me"
                  Its making me think its bad news, why cannot he just tell me by email, others have with other cases? (perhaps its because its not good news" What are your thoughts on this folks?

Dear Mr & Mrs *****

Thank you for your email.

The next update is due to be sent out to you late this week or early next week.

If you have any queries on receipt of this update, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Yours sincerely

M
                  South Quay Plaza | 183 Marsh Wall | London | E14 9SR T: 020 796 40668 | F: 020 796 40669 |
                  E: m

Last edited by di30; 16th May 2011, 10:21:AM.

Comment

Well nothing in the post late week, so maybe early next week as informed one or the other.

Comment

No letter received as yet, but my post is not at its best in this part of the area.

We did receive a survey from the FOS but no updates from the Adjudicator as previously stated, he did say late to early this week, so I chased this up.

Email then received this afternoon here below, looks like an opinion will be made over the next few days.

Dear Mr & Mrs

Thank you for your emails over the past few days.

In terms of your update letter, it maybe the case that there has been a delay I am not aware of since I last emailed you.

However I am currently reviewing your file with a view to drafting an opinion on it in the next couple of days. Once approved the opinion will hopefully be sent to you by the end of the week.

Yours sincerely

M
                      South Quay Plaza | 183 Marsh Wall | London | E14 9SR T: E: m
                      Last edited by di30; 24th May 2011, 13:54:PM.

Comment

No letter received as yet, but my post is not at its best in this part of the area.

We did receive a survey from the FOS but no updates from the Adjudicator as previously stated, he did say late to early this week, so I chased this up.

Email then received this afternoon here below, looks like an opinion will be made over the next few days.

Dear Mr & Mrs

Thank you for your emails over the past few days.

In terms of your update letter, it maybe the case that there has been a delay I am not aware of since I last emailed you.

However I am currently reviewing your file with a view to drafting an opinion on it in the next couple of days. Once approved the opinion will hopefully be sent to you by the end of the week.

Yours sincerely

M
                        South Quay Plaza | 183 Marsh Wall | London | E14 9SR T: E: m

We're all keeping our Fingers crossed for you di,here's hoping for a positive decision

Comment

Even though I have been told (as stated on the above post) we should recieve an upate by 31 May 2011, I emailed last Friday anyway just to make sure, but not sure if I like the sound of it............"If you have any queries on receipt of this update, please do not hesitate to contact me"
                          Its making me think its bad news, why cannot he just tell me by email, others have with other cases? (perhaps its because its not good news" What are your thoughts on this folks?

Dear Mr & Mrs *****

Thank you for your email.

The next update is due to be sent out to you late this week or early next week.

If you have any queries on receipt of this update, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Yours sincerely

M
                          South Quay Plaza | 183 Marsh Wall | London | E14 9SR T: 020 796 40668 | F: 020 796 40669 |
                          E: m

Sorry di,now noticed your post,well you asked for an opinion i'm not sure what to make of it, From personal experience when i had my case rejected i received a letter,i know it,s generally a phone call if upheld but i suppose if it,s an especially complex case with a lot of technical explaination they might send a letter, I would,nt worry to much,theres the Ombudsman to go to afterwards if neccesary.
                          Last edited by cappo; 24th May 2011, 14:33:PM.

Comment

Sorry di,now noticed your post,well you asked for an opinion i'm not sure what to make of it, From personal experience when i had my case rejected i received a letter,i know it,s generally a phone call if upheld but i suppose if it,s an especially complex case with a lot of technical explaination they might send a letter, I would,nt worry to much,theres the Ombudsman to go to afterwards if neccesary.

Hi hun and cheers.

That's ok Cappo, what I meant was the adjudicator stated on his email he is about to review our case and give an opinion in the next few days.

I've had no rejections on this one yet, but its been with them since 2009, and they were the ones who wanted to keep this going under the insurer.

Will let you know if I hear anything. x

Comment

Hi hun and cheers.

That's ok Cappo, what I meant was the adjudicator stated on his email he is about to review our case and give an opinion in the next few days.

I've had no rejections on this one yet, but its been with them since 2009, and they were the ones who wanted to keep this going under the insurer.

Will let you know if I hear anything. x

I'm sure it,ll be fine di,i think we've all got everything crossed for you:beagle:

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X