• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Di - lloyds ppi 1999 & 2000

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Di - lloyds ppi 1999 & 2000

Originally posted by cappo View Post
    if you have no paperwork going back years and in my case know i had loans with LTSB amongst others and of course ppi is it worth contacting them or is it pointless,these loans of mine go back years i might even have the paperwork somewhere

Cappo, call into the branch and ask them to check your details, even if you do not bank with them now they may still have so many details left on data etc.

How long ago was this?

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
      Cappo, call into the branch and ask them to check your details, even if you do not bank with them now they may still have so many details left on data etc.

How long ago was this?

15 years odd ago now di,i might even have some of the old paperwork i,m not sure i,ll have to maybe see if i can dig some up.

Comment

15 years odd ago now di,i might even have some of the old paperwork i,m not sure i,ll have to maybe see if i can dig some up.

Cappo, if you do come across them, with mine the account numbers of the loan were next to the monthly repayments.

Comment

Cappo, if you do come across them, with mine the account numbers of the loan were next to the monthly repayments.

i probably have got something somewhere i am a bit of a hoarder.

Comment

i probably have got something somewhere i am a bit of a hoarder.

LOL, me too Cappo.
            I used to also think PPI was all part of the loan, it was added, yet I could not have made a claim, nor hubby as he did try - back condition and it was refused, so this I will always remember.

Comment

I again emailed Lloyds last Friday (lol think they will be glad to get ours out of the way) , just to ask on an approx timescale of when we should hear.

I can't see it being sometime soon, because they had already had complaints received prior to ours that were also held back because of the JR.

Even though they did actually state they taken on additional staff to deal with these complaints. This will keep them going for a long long time yet.

Comment

Probably paying them peanuts, di. lol
                (no offense, Bill-K! pmsl!!)
                CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                gets his brain a-going.
                Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Di time for you and cappo to read though the 10/12 open letter which has the common failings and any icob/icobs that failed in your cases tie that to another complaint letter

As that will speed up any claim

get it off today me lady!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
                    Di time for you and cappo to read though the 10/12 open letter which has the common failings and any icob/icobs that failed in your cases tie that to another complaint letter

As that will speed up any claim

get it off today me lady!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks p.f ,bill and paul and turbo are helping me to put an appeal together for the ombudsman i,ll let bill know or does he already do you think?

Comment

Thanks PF, just arrived now and will get on with it shortly, that's great, cheers for that x

Comment

Will certainly get that letter in today and email as well as hardcopy post.

Email received this morning in regards of my query last Friday here.....

Dear,

Thank you for your recent communication sent to our Chief Executive Mr A Horta-Osório and our Customer Care Department in Newport.

You are quite correct in stating that we have now announced that we are no longer supporting the BBA's Judicial Review process.

As a result of the Judicial Review it has taken us longer than normal to assess your complaint and we recognise that we have not been able to respond to your complaint during this time. We now aim to respond in as swift a manner as possible following our announcement. I’m sorry but I’m unable to give a more detailed timescale.

We can assure you that this further delay will not count towards the time limits in which you can refer your complaint to Court or FOS, should you disagree with the final outcome of our assessment.

Yours sincerely

A
                        Customer Relations Manager – Lloyds TSB Group Operations

Comment

I have only just managed to get back to this one.

PF thanks for the info.

So I need to rattle a letter off basically - for them to shift along with the reclaim?

Any offers on a good wording letter my friends? mine is as you know pre 2005 cases, two of them, cheers.

Comment

I will be waiting for some time on the outcome of this, going by the email received yesterday,and as posted on the JR thread. It seems many of us are in the same position.
                            Some have been with the bank even prior to mine, and its only fair they get down to sort them out first.

But some consumers have started complaints now and have been told they should hear of an outcome by 8 weeks.
                            In my opinion they should be honest with them and tell them there will possibly be a delay, because of backlog of complaints, its something the FOS does, the banks should do the same.
                            I am aware they do say if there is a delay they will keep in touch, but save time now, be honest straight away.

Because with the complaints ongoing they are coming back confirming there is no timescale, and yet these are the complaints they should be getting out of the way first. So what's the point in telling new complaints - 8 weeks!

Comment

I will be waiting for some time on the outcome of this, going by the email received yesterday,and as posted on the JR thread. It seems many of us are in the same position.
                              Some have been with the bank even prior to mine, and its only fair they get down to sort them out first.

But some consumers have started complaints now and have been told they should hear of an outcome by 8 weeks.
                              In my opinion they should be honest with them and tell them there will possibly be a delay, because of backlog of complaints, its something the FOS does, the banks should do the same.
                              I am aware they do say if there is a delay they will keep in touch, but save time now, be honest straight away.

Because with the complaints ongoing they are coming back confirming there is no timescale, and yet these are the complaints they should be getting out of the way first. So what's the point in telling new complaints - 8 weeks!

they probably think it,s going to give them extra brownie points di and might stop them getting a fine.

Comment

LOL, yeah your probably right Cappo

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X