• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Latest updates on PPI Judicial Review and claims on hold

MBNA, dragging their feet.

Yes, they are rather good at foot dragging...
    Rather than actually dealing with complaints, as is required.

Same can be said of Egg/Citigroup!

It should be noted, that the PPI cover provided by MBNA and Egg/Citigroup were considered to be amongst the most expensive PPI providers by The Competition Commission!

Comment

Originally posted by EXC View Post
      In my view this is just nonsense and the type of uninformed scaremongering that shouldn't be given any room to breath on a thread that so far has promoted responsible and informed debate.

Their are 2 types of applications for Judicial Review - regular and 'for urgent consideration' - and this one is for 'urgent consideration' which means it and any appeal would effectively be fast tracked. This was reflected in the court Order of 21 October that noted that the case required a ''rapid determination''.

So in my view, comparisons with the length of the test case (2 years and 4 months from start to finish) don't stand up. So far things are already happening twice as quickly. The first test case hearing took 6 months to schedule (from the point proceedings were filed to the hearing itself) whereas the Judicial Review will have taken just three.

If it continues to take half the time that the test case did the JR will be done & dusted by the end of this year.
      Yep,

over time I've learnt to be wary of casting doubt on others posts, but even after some careful consideration, that kind of post has no place here

It supports the kind of crap flying around in the media that if the BBA were to win at this stage PPI claims are DOA, which we know is just complete rubbish

Comment

Originally posted by cappo View Post
        it looks like the aforementioned has altered my tick boxes too
        This could massively effect your claim and therefore your case could be rejected. From memory there was a black horse case were the client hadn't wrong information disclosed and they lost the case and was given £8k in legal fees from black horse and the court.
        ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
        i would possibly look at going to the Ministry Of Justice and let them know that they are submitting incorrect in inaccurate claims.
        I spoke with Eric, an executive from the BBA. He confirmed cases shouldn't be on hold and that he expects a result in the next 2 maybe 3 months.
        Last edited by s14lhp; 6th February 2011, 20:03:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Guys
          I think there are two issues here - one is the JR and the eventual outcome of it, and secondly what the financial insitutions do when they have the JR as an excuse.
          The first we have no control over - it is what it is - and worst case the banks will have to uphold according to what is decided which in my view will be ICOB rules worst case.
          The second is more difficult. A good piece of news however is that in November and December we averaged at least ten times the number of on hold letters we have received so far in Feb - we are reporting all we have received to the FSA and referring the case to FoS but something seems to have changed. It is too soon to say what but it seems all this pressure is starting to put cracks in the dam walls .... I'll keep you all posted.

Comment

Originally posted by s14lhp View Post
            This could massively effect your claim and therefore your case could be rejected. From memory there was a black horse case were the client hadn't wrong information disclosed and they lost the case and was given £8k in legal fees from black horse and the court.
            i would possibly look at going to the Ministry Of Justice and let them know that they are submitting incorrect in inaccurate claims.
            I spoke with Eric, an executive from the BBA. He confirmed cases shouldn't be on hold and that he expects a result in the next 2 maybe 3 months.
            hi it,s wasn,t the cmc who noticed the copy of the cap one application,i noticed the boxes seem to have been tampered with not by us but by the lender(no other explaination) although why they,d do that i don,t know,do you really think the courts wouid reject the claim as it seems that cap one have altered the application form.i,m not familiar with ppi claims only done 1 so far.

Comment

Cappo,

You need to hammer home that fact with the lender, if they still refuse to play ball and you go to the FOS I,d say they would have a pretty good idea of there tactics anyway as you cannot be the only one with boxes being ticked without your knowledge.

Indeed they must of had these complaints before being as they take on complaints from all over England, Wales and I think Scotland too.

So keep the faith all is not lost yet
              If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cappo View Post
                hi it,s wasn,t the cmc who noticed the copy of the cap one application,i noticed the boxes seem to have been tampered with not by us but by the lender(no other explaination) although why they,d do that i don,t know,do you really think the courts wouid reject the claim as it seems that cap one have altered the application form.i,m not familiar with ppi claims only done 1 so far.
                Hopefully, you hold a copy of the original?

Comment

Carry on dealing the hope out folks... i shall be back to confirm you actually understand very little.

Enjoy.

Comment

Oh good grief

Comment

Originally posted by Angry Cat View Post
                      maybe somewhere angry cat if i,m very lucky,you know what it,s like with paperwork ,it,s a while ago now.

Comment

Originally posted by NLP View Post
                        Carry on dealing the hope out folks... i shall be back to confirm you actually understand very little.

Enjoy.
                        How very insulting.

Most posters on this site have limited themselves to facts or have laid out their opinions or theories in a coherent way. Please feel free to do this if you are able. Arrogant posts like yours do little to move things forward.

Claims are currently being paid out at around 35% of the pre JR run rate and that pay out rate would seem to be improving.

It would seem unlikely that that would be the case if the banks were expecting a waiver or other outcome to stop claims.

Comment

Originally posted by Angry Cat View Post
                          hi angry cat checked the copy of the application form again you can clearly see that the form has been tampered with,even without a copy which i haven,t checked yet i still think that the court wouid wonder about their copy i think cap 1 wouid have been better (for them) not to have sent it.

Comment

Originally posted by NLP View Post

Enjoy.
                            Can I clarify who the comment is being made to? If you have something to say then say it because being suggesting that many people know nothing you don't back the comment up by qualifying why. Would you be kind enough to clarify you comments so us thickie people understand?
                            "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
                            (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Originally posted by TUTTSI View Post
                              I have yet to come accross one genuine person who has ever received back their mis-sold PPI back through the CMC's. I would not trust them and that is my honest opinion. The safer option is the FOS for those that cannot be arsed.
                              i,ve got one back tuttsi,now waiting on another 6,but i agree there not very quick, (cmc,s)

Comment

If clarification on his/her assumptions is not given, can I request that NLP's rather scatter gun comments are removed from the thread so newbies are not put off waging their PPI war by such vague (but damaging) comments?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X