• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Originally posted by debtisbad View Post
    No it was not. However, I eluded to the fact that after the PPI case, Angie babie went quiet for a long time and has now resurfaced with this tosh.
    There wasn't much financial news about to be honest.
    There was this at the beginning of July:
    Business mentoring scheme launches - Telegraph
    There was the riots in August but I suspect the early part of May was fending off calls for her to resign.
    Angela Knights comments being reported may well be a lot less cos the news currently is more about Libya, prior to that, the riots and unrest in the middle East, Osama Bin Laden being shot dead(not sure she was needed to comment on that either), and Bank Of England base rate has remained at 0.5%. Not many financial stories around for her to comment on in the last few months.
    "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
    (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

• Re: Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Originally posted by mosten View Post
      They have to deal with the complaints before the august deadline or they get fined i think....

They knew they couldn't deal with them so have sent rejection letters out on large scale.

If you were to approach them again in middle of sept to ask them to reconsider your rejection and therefore save them the 500 pounds it will cost them at the FOS then they will probably be in a postion to listen since they will have dealt with your complaint in time and also you are giving them another chance to avoid the 500 fos charge...

Just the way I see it on your case since if you were self employed and pre existing medical conditions then fairly straight forward case imo
      thanxs very much for your advice yes i will do that i've nothing to lose as its in fos pile but they can only reject me again never thought of that thanxs again

Comment

Is it just me---or am I reading it right?

FSA grants temporary extension for some PPI complaints

Re that first link Di----do you think the 16 weeks and 12 weeks are after the cutoff date--or after the claim date

IE-----if I send it on 31/8/2011 they got 16 weeks

if I send it on 1/9/2011 they got 12 weeks

If it was after the cutoff date- then claims on 1/9/2011 would take 29 weeks so that cant be right---soooooooooooooo--I dont want to get it in by end of August---but on 1st September

or am I missing something here??

Comment

Originally posted by leclerc View Post
          There wasn't much financial news about to be honest.
          There was this at the beginning of July:
          Business mentoring scheme launches - Telegraph
          There was the riots in August but I suspect the early part of May was fending off calls for her to resign.
          Angela Knights comments being reported may well be a lot less cos the news currently is more about Libya, prior to that, the riots and unrest in the middle East, Osama Bin Laden being shot dead(not sure she was needed to comment on that either), and Bank Of England base rate has remained at 0.5%. Not many financial stories around for her to comment on in the last few months.
          Maybe so, but personally I don't like her, her attitude, and whatbshe represents.

Just my personal opinion, I hope you understand.
          Thanks!

Debtisbad

Comment

Originally posted by Turboman View Post

Re that first link Di----do you think the 16 weeks and 12 weeks are after the cutoff date--or after the claim date

If it was after the cutoff date- then claims on 1/9/2011 would take 29 weeks so that cant be right---soooooooooooooo--I dont want to get it in by end of August---but on 1st September

That's the way I read it too.

• PPI complaints received after the conclusion of judicial review but on or before the 31 August will be responded to within 16 weeks; and
            • PPI complaints received on or after 1 September and before 31 December 2011 will be responded to within 12 weeks

Comment

Angela Knights comments being reported may well be a lot less cos the news currently is more about Libya, prior to that, the riots

Which reminds me of the BBA's 'quote of the week':

''Rob a shop, go to jail. Rob the nation, get a bonus''.

Comment

the scans are what LloydsTSB are sending out to successful recipients including a page on how they calculate redress.
                Just a point to watch on cases like Example 2

"Settled Loans" are where a sum is paid to finish the loan -(say) outstanding balance + about 1-2 months interest (say) or Rule of 78.

From reading stuff in Understanding PPI Calculations-you will understand (I hope) that one calculates the actual PPI Premiums paid in the ratio of (PPI Loan:Total of Cash Loan+PPI SPI Loan)----ie 15.7% in this case (doing this takes account of under and over payments + increases over the original set PPI Payment.)

On the item headed Total PPI Premiums Paid-£589.16 we should expect this to be 15.7% of the Payments made + The settlement Figure (ie the settlement figure is also 15.7% towards the outstanding part of the balance attributable to PPI)

In most cases-Settled Loans are settled well before the loan finish date - and this is where the big reclaim amount kicks in + 8% on a big amount

In the early days-we have seen cases where lenders conveniently forgot the "Settlement Amount" paid.

[When I've got my claim in-I'll go back to the Understanding PPi..... and finish off the threads on Rebates,Refunds and Settlements]

Comment

...On the item headed Total PPI Premiums Paid-£589.16 we should expect this to be 15.7% of the Payments made + The settlement Figure (ie the settlement figure is also 15.7% towards the outstanding part of the balance attributable to PPI)
                  Well spotted, mate. The settlement payment is, in effect, the final payment - and as such, it does indeed include apportioned PPI.
                  In most cases-Settled Loans are settled well before the loan finish date - and this is where the big reclaim amount kicks in + 8% on a big amount
                  Yes, indeedy - this often accounts for a b100dy big slice of the PPI claim amount.
                  In the early days-we have seen cases where lenders conveniently forgot the "Settlement Amount" paid.
                  Clearly, this is still going on, and we still need to be vigilant. This just goes to show that there is still a need for super-heroes such as yourself.

As for gorillaz...on the brink of extinction. Just TOO b100dy bolshy !!!

Comment

A further article about the banks trying to avoid reform:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/bu...m-2345954.html
                    Thanks!

Debtisbad

Comment

I dunno - I'm just an iggerent ape - but it seems to me that our Angie has re-opened a wound that might have been better left to heal by itself. Stupid bitch.

The banks have - as far as I can see - been the cause of our economic downturn in the past few years. If not - then they most CERTAINLY have NOT been of any help in alleviating it. Whatevva. They have been of NO use to OUR economy, either way. Perhaps they have been of use to their own private economies - The Bank of Fred Goodwin is a prime example, and I'm sure that our be-Knighted Angie will already have her stash secured, likewise.

The feckin' economy has been a victim of the banks, and as such, any reforms should recognize that. THAT is NOT the way it was supposed to work, was it ?

What is she now trying to put off ? Her demise - and thus her inevitably obscene pension.

IMHO, the sooner the UK economy is divorced from these shysters, the better. But - ever the realist - I shall instead embark upon my plan B...

Porcine Flying Lessons.

Comment

Bill. I agree with what you say. They just want to go on as ever before, because that's how they make money at the expense of everyone else. Angela Knight is the unacceptable face of the banking industry.
                        Thanks!

Debtisbad

Comment

where does 29 weeks come from?

Comment

Another day, another mis-selling protection racket exposed.

Banks Accused Of Interest Rate Insurance Scam

A Sky News investigation has uncovered evidence High Street banks deliberately mis-sold interest rate protection, leaving hundreds of firms struggling to meet repayments.

In an interview with Sky News, ex-Hbos and Lloyds TSB employee James Ducker claims banks flouted guidelines and put profits before customers' interests.

The products are known as 'swaps' because the bank and customer exchange or 'swap' loan repayments. If interest rates rise, the bank covers the increase in repayments for the customer.

If rates fall, the customer pays a fee back to the bank.

Investors who entered into 'swap' arrangements claim the risks of low interest rates and exit fees were not explained to them.

Mr Ducker told Sky: "We were selling protection against rates increasing with a lack of consideration if rates fell.

"The bank was protected more than the customer and it was normal practice to emphasise the rewards and de-emphasise the risks.

"The pressure to sell these products was immense. We weren't there to help customers or mitigate their exposure.

"My manager described it to me as giving the customer an umbrella, then when it starts raining taking the umbrella away. "If rates go up, the bank wins. If rates go down, the bank wins. Was it ever explained to the customer in that way? No."

The Financial Services Authority consider 'swaps' so complicated they should only be sold to investment professionals.

But it is claimed they were marketed to amateur investors, who did not understand the risks. Ex-Welsh rugby national Spencer John turned to property investment after an accident left him unable to play.

He claims Barclays offered him a development loan but only on condition a 'swap' was part of the deal. When interest rates fell and Mr John could not afford the higher payments, Barclays charged him a fee of £95,000 to exit the 'swap' - something he insists he was not warned about.

"Barclays put a 'swap' presentation in front of me but it could have been written in Latin for all I knew; I didn’t understand it.

"When I missed a couple of payments, Barclays said I'd broken the deal and charged me £95,000." Mr John had to sell one of his properties to pay the fee and is now taking legal action against the bank.

Barclays claimed it provided Mr John with enough information from him to make an educated choice before entering into the arrangement.

His solicitor, Max Hotham, said: "We're taking enquiries from around the country from small businesses and individuals who are encountering real financial difficulties.

"Not only did Barclays sell 50,000 of these products but the majority of High Street banks were also active in the 'swaps' market."

High Street banks who sold 'swaps' are now bracing themselves for a wave of similar cases brought by firms which have gone into administration after struggling to pay the fees resulting from historically low interest rates.

Sky News Uncovers Evidence High St Banks Deliberately Mis-Sold Interest Rate Protection - Or | Business | Sky News
                            Last edited by EXC; 30th August 2011, 05:52:AM.

Comment

"The Financial Sercices Authority consider 'swaps' so complicated they should only be sold to investment professionals."

Nuff said imho, another rip off that has been allowed to carry on by the authorities.

Comment

Originally posted by MBD23 View Post
                                where does 29 weeks come from?
                                I was surmising if it was12 weeks after cutoff date.

It would be from 31/12/2011 + 12 weeks (approx 29 weeks from claim date ) now realize its 12 weeks from claim date though

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X