• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

TBD. are those percentages the claims put in prior to the end of the JR?

"PPI complaints still with the firm but put on hold during the judicial review will receive a decision by the end of August;"

The above is the definition that they should have been dealing with in regards of that 97%
    "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
    (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

• Re: Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Originally posted by EXC View Post
      The figures were circulated to the media by the FSA without publishing them as a press release.
      How curious?

One wonders just why these incorrect calculations were circulated to the media by the FSA, when they are clearly incorrect.

...Fewer than 6,000 of the backlog are now outstanding.

Margaret Cole of the FSA said: "We are encouraged that most firms have used the time extension to clear the backlog of complaints received during the judicial review."
      I take the view that it would be impossible for the FSA to know the extent of each and every mis-sold/mis-applied case with with each and every bank.
      Furthermore many, many customers who were in dispute with these banks had their accounts sold off to debt buying firms. The banks just off-loaded their mis-sold PPI problems, rather than dealing with them, as they should have.

Factually, firms such as RBS for example have not contacted all their customers who were mis-sold PPI; RBS know full well who these customers are!
      The other banks are following suit...

The banks run rings around the wimpish FSA.
      How sad, when the general consumer thought the FSA could have been akin to superman, rather than just a weak wimp.
      Margaret Cole, needs to recalculate her incorrect figure of 5,999 that remain in the backlog.

Comment

Originally posted by Angry Cat View Post

Factually, firms such as RBS for example have not contacted all their customers who were mis-sold PPI; RBS know full well who these customers are!

They're not required to so it's hardly surprising in my view.

Comment

Really?
          Not what many consumers were led to believe, as per the judicial review.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Big_Dog View Post
            ...Fewer than 6,000 of the backlog are now outstanding.

Margaret Cole of the FSA said: "We are encouraged that most firms have used the time extension to clear the backlog of complaints received during the judicial review."

That is complete bovine excrement! Either that or I'm holding the vast majority of the 6,000 that have yet to be decided.

It's totally disgraceful whats going on here, and I'm beginning to want to walk away from the Claims Industry, which is a shame because I really enjoy what I do, but it's beginning to get a bit much when the Regulator just isn't regulating the market and the consumers it's meant to be protecting.

Margaret Cole is 'encouraged'. Sorry Margaret - what *****ing planet are you on????? You've let banks put hundreds of thousands of claims on hold illegally, given them more time to deal with them, given them extentions to deal with new complaints and they're still putting two fingers in the air at you. Jesus Christ - wake up and smell the coffee woman!

I think the banks are stringing the FSA along here, and unless the FSA are going to intervene, then it's going to carry on - same old tactics by the banks. (In fact, some of them have got worse since losing the JR and we're seeing declines coming in for self employed and pre existing meds for complaints we've put in on behalf of clients after the JR was completed, so it's pretty clear which way the banks want to play).

I think it's because uphold rates have fallen to 55% at the fos - the banks are loving it because now, it's 50/50 whether the complaint gets upheld or not.

Congratulations to the FOS and the FSA - probably the most useless waste of space in the world right now and a total laughing stock.

TBD.
            Well, said , and it is refreshing to hear a realistic view of the current situation. Yes, the banks are just rip-off merchants and any idea of customer service or value for money has long since gone out of the window. In my personal battle with the banks, I have managed to write off over thirty five thousand pounds and have won every one of my cases. Unfortunately, not all people are as tough as me and have lost out to a predatory industry.

The sad thing, as you rightly point out, is that the regulatory (I have to laugh when i write that word) bodies and politicians are weak. basically, they don't do the job that they are put there to do and the banks walk all over them.

Maybe somebody will realise one day that our economic woes are not so much connected to immigration, benefits, the NHS, etc. but that the banks are sucking money out of the system.
            Thanks!

Debtisbad

Comment

Really?
              Not what many consumers were led to believe, as per the judicial review.

I'm not with you I'm afraid.

Comment

I'm not with you I'm afraid.
                I think AC means that PS10/12 required the banks to actively seek current and previous customers (by contacting them directly, rather than waiting for the customer to complain) where they identified a pattern of misselling on a certain product line

There has been precious little evidence of any of the banks engaging in this action

From PS10/12 -

(Appendix 3)

3.4.3 G Where a firm identifies (from its complaints or otherwise) recurring or systemic problems in its sales practices for a particular type of payment protection contract, either for its sales in general or for those from a particular location or sales channel, it should (in accordance with Principle 6 (Customers’ interests) and to the extent that it applies), consider whether it ought to act with regard to the position of customers who may have suffered detriment from, or been potentially disadvantaged by such problems but who have not complained and, if so, take appropriate and proportionate measures to ensure that those customers are given appropriate redress or a proper opportunity to obtain it. In particular, the firm should:

(1) ascertain the scope and severity of the consumer detriment that might
                have arisen; and

(2) consider whether it is fair and reasonable for the firm to undertake
                proactively a redress or remediation exercise, which may include
                contacting customers who have not complained

Comment

Personally, I never really expected banks to adhere to this and.contact customers rather than customers contact them.
                  Thanks!

Debtisbad

Comment

I was under the impression they were required to as well. Is this not the case?

Comment

The only companies contacting customers are Welcome Finance who are in default. The banks do not have to pro actively contact customers about PPI. Has there been a misunderstanding here?
                      Do we mean that banks have to contact customers who have already put a complaint in or are people saying that banks have to proactively contact everyone who was provided with PPI to see if they were missold them?

Comment

Originally posted by leclerc View Post
                        The only companies contacting customers are Welcome Finance who are in default. The banks do not have to pro actively contact customers about PPI. Has there been a misunderstanding here?
                        Do we mean that banks have to contact customers who have already put a complaint in or are people saying that banks have to proactively contact everyone who was provided with PPI to see if they were missold them?
                        Personally speaking, I have not been contacted by any bank even though I had logged valid complaints with three. The banks in question refused to communicate further with me.

I know for a fact that others are in the same position.

Comment

Personally speaking, I have not been contacted by any bank even though I had logged valid complaints with three. The banks in question refused to communicate further with me.

I know for a fact that others are in the same position.
                          have they even acknowledged the complaint or sent out any letter of finality so to speak?
                          Have you chased them up?
                          For me and I have been dealing with family members PPI claims I love the thrill of the chase

Comment

have they even acknowledged the complaint or sent out any letter of finality so to speak?
                            Have you chased them up?
                            For me and I have been dealing with family members PPI claims I love the thrill of the chase
                            All three of my complaints were lodged well before the JR

One was ignored, the other two sold off to DCA debt buying firms, whilst I waited for them to investigate my complaints.

Will I chase them up?
                            Quite possibly but in the meantime I sit and wait to be contacted, as is required.

Perhaps, I am one of the 3%?
                            However, I consider that thought to be unlikely!

Comment

All three of my complaints were lodged well before the JR

One was ignored, the other two sold off to DCA debt buying firms, whilst I waited for them to investigate my complaints.

Will I chase them up?
                              Quite possibly but in the meantime I sit and wait to be contacted, as is required.

Perhaps, I am one of the 3%?
                              However, I consider that thought to be unlikely!
                              so they have acknowledged the complaint but have not resolved them? I suspect you might be waiting for some IF they haven't already dealt with it since they would have had to have resolved it within 8 weeks(prior to October 2010 there was no hold on complaints).
                              If they have sold it on, then I can only imagine that they feel that they have resolved the complaint. I assume that you have told the DCA's when they have come a calling that there is a PPI dispute cos that should have thrown the complaint back at the bank to resolve. I can't recall if you have a thread here of if this has happened.

EDIT: I don't let the bank have time, I believe in the harrass harrass harrass and double harrass until they squeal

Comment

TBD. are those percentages the claims put in prior to the end of the JR?

"PPI complaints still with the firm but put on hold during the judicial review will receive a decision by the end of August;"

The above is the definition that they should have been dealing with in regards of that 97%
                                Hi Leclerc,

Those percentages that I've quoted are claims that we were pursuing that were put on hold due to the JR - by rights, 100% of all of them should have had a final response by the end of August.

TBD.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X