• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Latest updates on PPI Judicial Review and claims on hold

Originally posted by di30 View Post
    Great news isn't it nellie?

Hope your cases are resolved soon x
    Thanks Di - you too..........and indeed everyone's

Luckily the only one I have in the pipeline is LTSB, although OH did have PPI on several car purchases back in the 1990s/early 2000s that we no longer have the paperwork for - who knows, maybe if this all goes in our favour those companies will come out of the woodwork to offer refunds too..............on second thoughts I doubt it though

Now must get back to that packing....................

Comment

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/thereport...pi_claims.html

Comment

wouid that mean that any cases rejected since 2005 when the fsa took over regulation of ppi had to be looked at again now and wouid it make any difference to the outcome. (providing theres no appeal and it,s won by the bba which is looking more unlikely by the minute)
        ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
        Originally posted by nelliewops View Post

Luckily the only one I have in the pipeline is LTSB, although OH did have PPI on several car purchases back in the 1990s/early 2000s that we no longer have the paperwork for - who knows, maybe if this all goes in our favour those companies will come out of the woodwork to offer refunds too..............on second thoughts I doubt it though

havent you done that packing yet nellie? you were packing last time i talked to you and that was months ago lol good luck on the claim,i think the banks contacting everyone back that far might be pie in the sky,it wouid be nice i,d feel as if i,d won the lottery ha ha you never know though:beagle:
        Last edited by cappo; 5th May 2011, 15:20:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

How far back can you claim if you have the original paperwork please?

Comment

by Robert Peston:

My banking sources are surprised by the magnitude of the PPI charge taken by Lloyds. It was significantly bigger than they had expected.
            They would expect RBS to eventually take a PPI hit of around £1bn (as I mentioned in a post last month) rather than the £2bn implied by Lloyds' PPI provision.
            That said, it is highly unlikely that RBS will quantify the potential PPI damage when it announces its first quarter results tomorrow.
            On RBS's imminent results, I would expect it still to be in the red at the statutory level, including - for example - a debit from a market valuation of credit insurance provided to RBS by taxpayers under the Asset Protection Scheme.
            But at the operating level it will be in profit. And RBS's general insurance operations should be back in the black (some would say 'at last') - which matters, because RBS is committed to dispose of these well-known insurance activities, probably by floating them on the stock market.
            All eyes, on RBS!

Comment

Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
              How far back can you claim if you have the original paperwork please?
              In general terms there is no time limit:

Time barring and pre-2005 sales
              Some firms argued that complaints about pre-2005 sales should not be included in the
              scope of our Handbook provisions because they are all or mostly already out of time to be
              considered on their merits (i.e. they are ‘time barred’ under our existing DISP rules).33
              We disagree with this view. Decisions concerning the time barring of individual
              complaints are ultimately for the FOS to make, but in general terms, our view (as set
              out in CP10/6 para 3.14), is that general media coverage of the PPI issue, including
              comments or publications by us, would not be enough to have given a consumer the kind
              of specific ‘constructive knowledge’ required by DISP’s time limits.34
              Accordingly, while some consumers who bought PPI before January 2005 may, on an
              assessment of their individual circumstances and events, be deemed to have had appropriate
              awareness before January 2008, such that they will be out of time by January 2011, our
              view is that this is unlikely to apply to consumers generally (though that is ultimately a
              decision for the FOS to make concerning complaints referred to it).

Conclusion on pre-2005 sales

There is nothing in firms’ responses which leads us to consider it necessary to retract
              from our statement in the open letter concerning pre-2005 sales or to carve out
              complaints about these sales from the scope of our final provisions. To do either would
              leave substantially unaddressed the poor handling of a very significant proportion of PPI
              complaints, and thus the significant potential consumer detriment caused by many of
              these sales.

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/policy/ps10_12.pdf

Comment

Claim back as far as you can prove and that can be as far back as the paperwork allows and/or can get.

If you have not done a SAR that is your first avenue.

As for Lloyds Banking group it will now be interesting to see how they comply with such requests for data now that they have decided to redress consumers.
                If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

I've just realised that the first line of the FSA quote in my last post surely must mean that pre 2005 sales are to be included in the Root Cause Analysis customer contact exercise as the RCA requirements are a handbook provision.

Comment

Originally posted by EXC View Post
                    I've just realised that the first line of the FSA quote in my last post surely must mean that pre 2005 sales are to be included in the Root Cause Analysis customer contact exercise as the RCA requirements are a handbook provision.

what wouid that mean exc for all the 50,000 people who got paid out for having no policy documents from capital 1, mine was sold to me 6 weeks before the fsa fines and i never had a policy document either, wouid i get compensated under the root cause analysis it was nov 2004

Comment

Originally posted by cappo View Post
                      what wouid that mean exc for all the 50,000 people who got paid out for having no policy documents from capital 1, mine was sold to me 6 weeks before the fsa fines and i never had a policy document either, wouid i get compensated under the root cause analysis it was nov 2004
                      I don't think it would be as straight forwards as that but if the FSA's ultimate view - as a result of the Policy Statement - is that time barring is generally not applicable, why not register a complaint?

Comment

Originally posted by EXC View Post
                        I don't think it would be as straight forwards as that but if the FSA's ultimate view - as a result of the Policy Statement - is that time barring is generally not applicable, why not register a complaint?

i have a complaint in with the fos at the moment,i don,t know if they are going by the new fsa rules yet as this j.r still maybe hasn,t run it,s course, i have asked whether the case can be judged on the new rules,wouid i have to specifically ask if the fos couid investigate that or wouid it be automatic

Comment

for di and nellie and db lol

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/bu...s-2279299.html
                          Last edited by cappo; 5th May 2011, 18:06:PM.

Comment

Originally posted by nelliewops View Post

Cheers hun, well you never know, perhaps it will be one of those they will automatically pay out. xx

Comment

Originally posted by cappo View Post
                              Interestingly in the article, it states that, "In a shock move, it [Lloyds] set aside up to £3.2 billion to cover the cost of compensating people mis-sold the policies after deciding to withdraw from any further legal action on the issue."

The article went on to declare, "The scale of the provision surprised the City and caused its shares to slump 9% after the banking giant recorded a loss of £3.47 billion for the first three months of the year, compared with a £721 million profit last year."

However, the best part stated that, "The huge amount set aside also suggests that the final PPI compensation bill for the whole industry could be far higher than the £4.5 billion that was originally estimated by the Financial Services Authority, with speculation that between £7 billion and £8 billion could eventually be paid out."

Now, perhaps politicians, regulators and others in authority will begin to understand why we are one of, if not the highest, personally indebted nations in the world.
                              Thanks!

Debtisbad

Comment

Is it possible that someone could post the specific banks which are now not taking any further part in the JR or any appeal as opposed to the larger umbrella they would fall under?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X