• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Anyone know what First Direct are going to do?

Comment

• Re: Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Re the announcement, it could have been this which was published yesterday:

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/other/joi...about_CMCs.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by EXC View Post
        Re the announcement, it could have been this which was published yesterday:

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/other/joi...about_CMCs.pdf
        Lots of good info in there for the general public EXC, but all of the rules and regs that are quoted are all in the Approved Persons Conduct rules issued by the MoJ, so CMC's should be adhering to them already.

It then begs the question - if they're not adhering to the rules - why haven't the MoJ shut them down? It's there in black and white what you can and can't do.

Just out of curiousity - have you heard of any announcement due on Friday?

Regards,

TBD.

Comment

My sentiments entirely. The MOJ have had many 1000's of complaints against many CMC's who break all the rules and they get away with it. You only have to look at the Cartel situation to see that the MOJ did not act on any of the complaints until it was far too late and by that time that CMC ties all the money up in debetures and none of the clients who paid upfront fees will ever get their claims sorted or their money back.

Originally posted by The_Big_Dog View Post
          Lots of good info in there for the general public EXC, but all of the rules and regs that are quoted are all in the Approved Persons Conduct rules issued by the MoJ, so CMC's should be adhering to them already.

It then begs the question - if they're not adhering to the rules - why haven't the MoJ shut them down? It's there in black and white what you can and can't do.

Regards,

TBD.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Big_Dog View Post

Regards,

TBD.
            What I meant was that I'll know for sure on Friday what Tuesday's announcement was - though I suspect it was the joint note I posted earlier http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/other/joi...about_CMCs.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by The Debt Star View Post
              Anyone know what First Direct are going to do?
              anyone? :tinysmile_hmm_t2: or am I the only First Direct PPI claimant? Might explain things :tinysmile_aha_t:

Comment

anyone? :tinysmile_hmm_t2: or am I the only First Direct PPI claimant? Might explain things :tinysmile_aha_t:
                Part of HSBC and if the complaint went in Pre JR then they have until end of August to give final response.
                "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
                (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

First Direct are part of HSBC so would assume will follow same route, have started to see some (although not many) HSBC offers in the last few weeks
                  so they do seem to be finally moving albeit very slowly.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul210 View Post
                    First Direct are part of HSBC so would assume will follow same route, have started to see some (although not many) HSBC offers in the last few weeks
                    so they do seem to be finally moving albeit very slowly.
                    Cheers mate, useful to know that HSBC as a group are moving slowly per se. Typical!

Comment

Originally posted by FSA

Millions of consumers have suffered detriment on a large-scale and, together, the industry has had to make compensation payments of approximately £15 billion, with most PPI redress still to come.
                      http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/events/fca_approach.pdf

Comment

Just one question.

Can M&S make an offer to refund PPI on a loan and all associated interest and then withdraw that offer once the acceptance letter has been sent and received by them?

On the 11th July I received a letter saying " I can confirm that after further investigation, aided by the evidence that you recently provided, I am upholding your complaint."

and then a letter dated 19th July stating "due to the amount of time that has lapsed since the account was closed we're unable to locate the relevant application form . As a result we are rejecting the complaint."

Just wondering where I stand. Shall I wait until I have the refund cheque or contact them straight away?

They have linked the loan to 3 others I didn't even remember I had that all pre-date it and said they will give me a response to those within 5 weeks. If the writer says they couldn't find the paperwork for one that finished in 2004 how do they hope to find the earlier ones? Their reference number on their letter is also different from the one I have.

Advice appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by flossie View Post
                          Just one question.

Can M&S make an offer to refund PPI on a loan and all associated interest and then withdraw that offer once the acceptance letter has been sent and received by them?

On the 11th July I received a letter saying " I can confirm that after further investigation, aided by the evidence that you recently provided, I am upholding your complaint."

and then a letter dated 19th July stating "due to the amount of time that has lapsed since the account was closed we're unable to locate the relevant application form . As a result we are rejecting the complaint."

Just wondering where I stand. Shall I wait until I have the refund cheque or contact them straight away?

They have linked the loan to 3 others I didn't even remember I had that all pre-date it and said they will give me a response to those within 5 weeks. If the writer says they couldn't find the paperwork for one that finished in 2004 how do they hope to find the earlier ones? Their reference number on their letter is also different from the one I have.

Advice appreciated.
                          Go back to them and tell them that they may have made a mistake but it will cost them £500.00 if they are standing by the 19th july letter as you'll go to the FOS
                          "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
                          (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

"due to the amount of time that has lapsed since the account was closed we're unable to locate the relevant application form . As a result we are rejecting the complaint."
                            So they've decided not to uphold the complaint on the basis that they have lost the application form?

I'd do as Leclerc has suggested and point out the error in their logic and threaten them with taking it to the FOS.

Comment

Originally posted by EXC View Post
                              So they've decided not to uphold the complaint on the basis that they have lost the application form?

I'd do as Leclerc has suggested and point out the error in their logic and threaten them with taking it to the FOS.
                              Can they actually make me an offer with all the figures etc of the PPI and agree they are upholding my complaint and then in the next letter say they cannot locate the paperwork and cannot confirm PPI was added.

Is it possible it is left and right hand not knowing what they are doing? I only spoke to them on Friday and they confirmed they had the acceptance forms and were dealing with them.

Comment

Can they actually make me an offer with all the figures etc of the PPI and agree they are upholding my complaint and then in the next letter say they cannot locate the paperwork and cannot confirm PPI was added.

Is it possible it is left and right hand not knowing what they are doing? I only spoke to them on Friday and they confirmed they had the acceptance forms and were dealing with them.

I think that in principle they can withdraw upholding the complaint and I suppose it's possible the left hand doesn't know what the right is doing.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X