• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

What is generally acceptable as a refundable amount?

1)Refund of Premiums
    2)Refund of Interest incurred on the account becasue of the PPI
    3)Refund of SIMPLE interest applied to the account because of the PPI
    Interest @ 8%

I sent my claim in for Contractual Interest - is that something people are going for or should one settle for Simple interest.

Opinions please?

A1
    Seek your own legal advice, I am not trained in legal matters, just give my opinion from my own personal experience.

I am an original Cabot Fan Club member and proud of it.

Comment

• Re: Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

An e-mail sent today by the BBA to members about the conference contains the following paragraph:

''A flurry of phone calls from speakers over the past few days tells us that an announcement is due on the day (there will be further details next week). Any firm having direct dealings with CMCs might wish to ensure that they have a colleague in the room.''[/quote]

Anybody know what this announcement means/is????

Comment

Originally posted by seller 17 View Post
        An e-mail sent today by the BBA to members about the conference contains the following paragraph:

''A flurry of phone calls from speakers over the past few days tells us that an announcement is due on the day (there will be further details next week). Any firm having direct dealings with CMCs might wish to ensure that they have a colleague in the room.''

anybody know what this announcement means/is????

It's anyone's guess really.

I do know that the MOJ have been conducting a wholesale review of the regulation of CMCs and the BBA have been lobbying them hard.

Attached is the BBA's response to a MOJ consultation earlier this year that mainly deals with Conduct of Authorised Person Rules for CMCs but they also took the opportunity to have a moan and groan about other issues the banking industry has with CMCs.

Incredibly amongst the list of demands, the BBA wants CMCs to ''be regulated in a similar way to the financial services industry – they should be subject to the same conduct principles, such as treating customers fairly, for example''.

And who was it at the very time this was written that was heading a legal challenge to the very legitimacy of enforcing Treating Customers Fairly conduct principles? Step forward the BBA.

Comment

I have started a thread in Campaigns on this subject http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...026#post221026

If what the BBA say in this letter to the MOJ and if all of that can be put into place in a satisfactory manner this would cover a hell of a lot of our concerns on behalf of the consumers.

My main worry which I did not read was the upfront fes, but if they have safeguards in plce for the money then it would not be a big concern.

I also like the bit about the mis-leading in advertising and I hope this extends to CMC's web sites as well as their high powered sales pitches to customers on the phone.

Originally posted by EXC View Post

I do know that the MOJ have been conducting a wholesale review of the regulation of CMCs and the BBA have been lobbying them hard.

Attached is the BBA's response to a MOJ consultation earlier this year that mainly deals with Conduct of Authorised Person Rules for CMCs but they also took the opportunity to have a moan and groan about other issues the banking industry has with CMCs.

Incredibly amongst the list of demands, the BBA wants CMCs to ''be regulated in a similar way to the financial services industry – they should be subject to the same conduct principles, such as treating customers fairly, for example''.

And who was it at the very time this was written that was heading a legal challenge to the very legitimacy of enforcing Treating Customers Fairly conduct principles? Step forward the BBA.

Comment

Originally posted by TUTTSI View Post

If what the BBA say in this letter to the MOJ and if all of that can be put into place in a satisfactory manner this would cover a hell of a lot of our concerns on behalf of the consumers.
            I agree but don't lose sight of the fact that the BBA are using the consumer perspective to embellish their case. That's because there is far more detriment suffered by the consumer than the financial services industry at the hands of CMCs.

The BBA commissioned a piece of research in 2009 - 'Impact of Claims Management Companies' Activities on Consumers of Financial Services' and this was submitted along with their consultation response.
            Last edited by EXC; 16th July 2011, 19:09:PM.

Comment

Originally posted by EXC View Post

i think the CMC's should be worried reading this.

The link to the BBA response is interesting. If their members paid out upfront on these claims there would be no need to use CMC's anyway....the BBA, dont you just love em!!!!!!! Full of it.

Comment

A Shocking story that involves, Cardiff Pinnacle, Lombard, RBS and 1st Credit:
                http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz1SGOFBUIk

Comment

Originally posted by andrew1 View Post
                  What is generally acceptable as a refundable amount?

1)Refund of Premiums
                  2)Refund of Interest incurred on the account becasue of the PPI
                  3)Refund of SIMPLE interest applied to the account because of the PPI
                  Interest @ 8%

I sent my claim in for Contractual Interest - is that something people are going for or should one settle for Simple interest.

Opinions please?

A1

Sorry, this got lost in the recent debate in following threads..anyone any thoughts on Simple or Contractual Interest for these PPI claims?
                  Seek your own legal advice, I am not trained in legal matters, just give my opinion from my own personal experience.

Comment

Andrew

Loan PPI or Credit Card PPI?

Comment

Lloyds Bank are stating on their web site that they are taking upto 16 weeks to resolve the PPI claims if they were submitted claims sent in after 6th May will not receive either a letter or payment before September. This is terrible my cousin was told by her bank that in order for them to give her an increase in the overdraft this PPI was a condition and they swiped it from her account even though she did not want it as she already had medical cover on another policy.

Comment

Originally posted by Turboman View Post
                        Andrew

Loan PPI or Credit Card PPI?
                        Credit Card

Comment

Originally posted by andrew1 View Post
                          Credit Card
                          A1,
                          if you just reclaim simple interest, you will not be put back into the position that you were in prior to taking out the useless PPI!

Comment

Originally posted by Angry Cat View Post
                            A1,
                            if you just reclaim simple interest, you will not be put back into the position that you were in prior to taking out the useless PPI!

Sorry AC, can you spell this out for me exactly why you suggest this so I can be in tune with the argument? I have my theories as to why contractual is right, but I'd like to hear it from someone else.

Comment

Heard from the budsman today that a previously not up-held complaint, had been reviewed by the financial business and that they were now prepared to pay full redress in line with the FOS guidlines. This one dates from 2005 and had a PPI payment of £70 a month so that should not be incosiderable.

The redress breaks down thus:

Refund of all PPI premiums
                              Refund of compound interest
                              Refund of simple interest less tax
                              Refund of interest since claim put on hold less tax

Whats quite good is that they knew that the adjudicator had upheld it but would not co-operate so the adjudicator referred it to the ombudsman, but in the meantime they have re-considered which is interesting.

Comment

Just remembered - Sempra Meals vs HMRC , sets precedent for compound I believe. - it's the grey cells!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X