• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Woo Hoo! Go an offer from RBS including a refund on he interest I paid on the premiums but only 8% paid for the time after the claim was more than 8 weeks old. Oh well, better than I expected and just waiting for an offer on one more claim which I have been told they have to resolve before 31st August.

Finally I can see a light at the end of the tunnel!

Comment

• Re: Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

£825.00 rebate from mbna today.

Comment

well done! enjoy
        ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
        Whilst waiting for my RBS claims i have decided that RBS must stand for Really Backward Service.
        Hurry up i need a holiday!
        Last edited by oorbrian; 5th July 2011, 10:43:AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Well done to Cappo and Tatty27 on both wins, fantastic news, and so chuffed for you both, Congratulations!:clap2::clap2::okay::okay:

Comment

£825.00 rebate from mbna today

Well done Cappo, I have just had a £998 from MBNA

Comment

Originally posted by Leucareth1971 View Post

Nice one leuc,well done

Comment

Well done to you too :clap2::thumb:

Comment

Great news Guys - congrats to you both

Just getting a few more reclaim letters and FOS questionnaires ready to go off myself! xxx

Comment

Originally posted by nelliewops View Post
                    Great news Guys - congrats to you both

Just getting a few more reclaim letters and FOS questionnaires ready to go off myself! xxx

Good luck Nellie .

I am yet to get round to dealing with the older loan ppi via Lloyds, but have been wrapped up on the Hamilton/Endeavour or should I say Click Finance , don't know where I am with it, and not does the Adjudicator I don't think , its to be passed on for a review, and it will be 3 years this year to get this far.

I am so determined to keep going though, gone this far - I may as well lol. Xx

Comment

You've heard it here first folks! HBOS have followed Barclays and are paying every legitimate claim received up to and including the 5th of May. Direct from their Legal Department! It's showtime!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by The_Big_Dog View Post
                        You've heard it here first folks! HBOS have followed Barclays and are paying every legitimate claim received up to and including the 5th of May. Direct from their Legal Department! It's showtime!!!!!!!!

Is this 100% certain TBD and i guess this will be Lloyds Banking Group as a whole?

Comment

Originally posted by bubs8 View Post
                          Is this 100% certain TBD and i guess this will be Lloyds Banking Group as a whole?
                          We believe this to be true. It started out this morning with a client calling us to state he'd received £3k in his bank account this morning from the Halifax. A couple of phonecalls later to the Halifax confirmed they had made redress payment to our client for an 'on hold' JR loan and an uphold letter was on it's way to us.

We delved a bit deeper into the figures etc and what I wanted to know was had they upheld the complaint or had they made a gesture of goodwill - I was finally put through to a senior manager within HBOS who was in their Legal Department and I asked him the question - did you uphold or was it a gesture of goodwill? to which he replied 'It doesn't really matter because we're going to pay out every legitimate claim up to the 5th of May'.

Anyway, after I'd picked myself up off the floor, I asked him to repeat what he'd said - which he did, and we got around to the Barclays no quibble payouts - he did say that they're not saying no - quibble because they've got a load of complaints in there where PPI wasn't even on the agreement (wonder where they've come from?????).

I asked him did this mean Lloyds as a whole, but he said as far as he was concerned it was all of HBOS. Just to try him out - I gave him a few of our cases, which he looked at the first 3 and said - 'yes, were just waiting the redress calculation to write out to you and your client'. After the third one, he said - 'It's pretty pointless going through anymore because if it was received before the 5th of May then we'll be paying.'

I don't think he was pulling my plonker either.

TBD.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Big_Dog View Post
                            We believe this to be true. It started out this morning with a client calling us to state he'd received £3k in his bank account this morning from the Halifax. A couple of phonecalls later to the Halifax confirmed they had made redress payment to our client for an 'on hold' JR loan and an uphold letter was on it's way to us.

We delved a bit deeper into the figures etc and what I wanted to know was had they upheld the complaint or had they made a gesture of goodwill - I was finally put through to a senior manager within HBOS who was in their Legal Department and I asked him the question - did you uphold or was it a gesture of goodwill? to which he replied 'It doesn't really matter because we're going to pay out every legitimate claim up to the 5th of May'.

Anyway, after I'd picked myself up off the floor, I asked him to repeat what he'd said - which he did, and we got around to the Barclays no quibble payouts - he did say that they're not saying no - quibble because they've got a load of complaints in there where PPI wasn't even on the agreement (wonder where they've come from?????).

I asked him did this mean Lloyds as a whole, but he said as far as he was concerned it was all of HBOS. Just to try him out - I gave him a few of our cases, which he looked at the first 3 and said - 'yes, were just waiting the redress calculation to write out to you and your client'. After the third one, he said - 'It's pretty pointless going through anymore because if it was received before the 5th of May then we'll be paying.'

I don't think he was pulling my plonker either.

TBD.

LOL that is great news TBD

I bet you are in shock. Well all the best there then and with a bit of luck the other banks will see sense and do the same as well.

Comment

Originally posted by bubs8 View Post
                              well they aint paid mine yet (HBOS). receiving is believing mate.

Comment

Originally posted by The Debt Star View Post
                                well they aint paid mine yet (HBOS). receiving is believing mate.

Do what I do, chase them lol.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X