• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Everyone one at MBNA is Gail Powell every letter you get from what ever dept will be signed by this person.

After being taken to court by her im still unsure if she exsists as she never turned up.
    If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

• Re: Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
      Everyone one at MBNA is Gail Powell every letter you get from what ever dept will be signed by this person.

After being taken to court by her im still unsure if she exsists as she never turned up.
      In that case, cite her in your defense and call her as a witness.

See what the judge sys about a none-existent character!

I understand that the person has to be a "real" person, who can provide ID e.g. passport. Otherwise, it is extremely dodgy....
      Thanks!

Debtisbad

Comment

While it's annoying it's quite common for organisations to use pseudonyms to respond to letters. Only a couple of weeks ago 10 Downing Street admitted to using fictitious signatories in official government correspondence.

Comment

The case is long over and they did get in trouble as the judge was not impressed when she did not show.

That is why the CCJ is set at a very low amount with no terms to increase there barrister had no argument with that either

They did write a couple of mths ago requesting me to renegotiate a new monthly amount so I sent a letter back requesting they refer to the Judgement heard no more since.

sigpic

Comment

Sorry a change of subject now, but I'm hoping perhaps someone on here will know.
            The adjudicator at the FOS says he have now drafted his letter in regards of my PPI complaint via Hamilton.

He says its being checked first by his Senior Colleague then once that is done he will then email it to us. (I asked him to email because of posting in this area, despite receiving the lloyds letters last week).

Does anyone know how long the checking takes once passed on to the senior level of the FOS?
            Just so anxious on this one as its been 2 years or maybe more when this started up.

Even though I have had cases dealt with by the FOS before, I was never informed of the checking system.

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
              Sorry a change of subject now, but I'm hoping perhaps someone on here will know.
              The adjudicator at the FOS says he have now drafted his letter in regards of my PPI complaint via Hamilton.

He says its being checked first by his Senior Colleague then once that is done he will then email it to us. (I asked him to email because of posting in this area, despite receiving the lloyds letters last week).

Does anyone know how long the checking takes once passed on to the senior level of the FOS?
              Just so anxious on this one as its been 2 years or maybe more when this started up.

Even though I have had cases dealt with by the FOS before, I was never informed of the checking system.

Thank you.

i've never heard of this before di,unless there double checking calculations, can't really think why else they'd do it,although some of the other guys on here might have a different spin on it

Blimey, quiet on this today......(I mean Saturday, didn't realise its gone midnight into Sunday) LOL.

So I take it no-one received any letters of their reclaims in the post this weekend then?

I was just saying that to jackie this morning don't think anyone posted yesterday much at all,all quiet here guys today,are going to do the 4 hsbc ppi reclaims questionaires,are Quietly confident as they were all purchased over the phone the same way,told, you must have ppi for loan to be considered,never worried about telling me anything else and went into branch after work flying about,wanting to get home just to literally sign the paperwork then off home,nothing from claims in with cmc or LTSB credit card yet,as you say di they do seem to take a bit longer with cc's don't they. have a good weekend all

Comment

Originally posted by cappo View Post
                i've never heard of this before di,unless there double checking calculations, can't really think why else they'd do it,although some of the other guys on here might have a different spin on it

I was just saying that to jackie this morning don't think anyone posted yesterday much at all,all quiet here guys today,are going to do the 4 hsbc ppi reclaims questionaires,are Quietly confident as they were all purchased over the phone the same way,told, you must have ppi for loan to be considered,never worried about telling me anything else and went into branch after work flying about,wanting to get home just to literally sign the paperwork then off home,nothing from claims in with cmc or LTSB credit card yet,as you say di they do seem to take a bit longer with cc's don't they. have a good weekend all

Hi Cappo, thanks for that.
                I had taken it the adjudicator meant checking his letter he drafted where is had to be agreed before he emails it out to us, hopefully tomorrow we will receive it.
                You will find everyone posting up the same time about their decisions, its either all or none isn't it? lol.
                And in my experience the credit card did take a little time. Hopefully you will hear soon though.

Comment

Sorry a change of subject now, but I'm hoping perhaps someone on here will know.The adjudicator at the FOS says he have now drafted his letter in regards of my PPI complaint via Hamilton. He says its being checked first by his Senior Colleague then once that is done he will then email it to us. (I asked him to email because of posting in this area, despite receiving the lloyds letters last week). Does anyone know how long the checking takes once passed on to the senior level of the FOS?Just so anxious on this one as its been 2 years or maybe more when this started up. Even though I have had cases dealt with by the FOS before, I was never informed of the checking system. Thank you.
                  The adjudicators are the initial decision makers. Complainants should be aware of their right to have the case reviewed by an Ombudsman if they are unhappy with an adjudicator’s decision.

Comment

Originally posted by Angry Cat View Post
                    The adjudicators are the initial decision makers. Complainants should be aware of their right to have the case reviewed by an Ombudsman if they are unhappy with an adjudicator’s decision.

Cheers AC.
                    I understand if my complaint is rejected by the Adjudicator who makes the decision, they should make it clear about having my case reviewed by an Ombudsman, but I didn't realise the Adjudicator in regard of his letter he drafted in regards of his opinion on a complaint would have to be checked by a senior colleague before they send the decision or update out.
                    So basically do you think he may be saying an ombudsman is already looking at this?

Sorry just finding it a little confusing lol.

Comment

If it is refused you want a letter in writing stating why and also copies of all communications between the FOS and the lender.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
                        If it is refused you want a letter in writing stating why and also copies of all communications between the FOS and the lender.

Thank you PF.

It is a difficult one really, complexed as well and not holding any hope, so keeping an open mind.
                        I will do that though if my case is refused, cheers for that.

Comment

Cheers AC.
                          I understand if my complaint is rejected by the Adjudicator who makes the decision, they should make it clear about having my case reviewed by an Ombudsman, but I didn't realise the Adjudicator in regard of his letter he drafted in regards of his opinion on a complaint would have to be checked by a senior colleague before they send the decision or update out.
                          So basically do you think he may be saying an ombudsman is already looking at this?

Sorry just finding it a little confusing lol.
                          One would hope that a FOS adjudicators decision should be checked. But who checks the checker?

di30, all that I am saying is that, if you are unhappy with the adjudicators decision then you have the right to complain.

Let us hope that this is not necessary re: your particular case.

Comment

Originally posted by Angry Cat View Post
                            One would hope that a FOS adjudicators decision should be checked. But who checks the checker?

di30, all that I am saying is that, if you are unhappy with the adjudicators decision then you have the right to complain.

Let us hope that this is not necessary re: your particular case.

Good point hun.

Yes will do that if needs to be, and thanks again x

Comment

Thank you.
                              I don't really believe it is being checked by senior colleagues. it is yet another example of a delaying tactic. The banks are doing this a lot, as they lost the Judgement and now have to think of new ways to slow down the repayment process. Everyday they keep your money, they are earing interest on it.
                              Thanks!

Debtisbad

Comment

Originally posted by MattyA View Post
                                I emailed CEO as per list but reply came from a Gail Powell - Vice President (complaints dept)
                                I will post up her email address later when I get home.
                                Might be worth a go.

Others sent yesterday Amex,HSBC,M&S and FOS haven't responded as yet if that makes you feel any better.

Matty
                                As promised:

gail1.powell@bankofamerica.com

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X