• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PPI and Court

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: PPI and Court

yes loans 1,2 and 4 were the ones that did not get refinanced no SS have ever been sent to the coop only the fos i sent a letter to the ico complaining about the coops refusal to fully comply with sar requests i got a letter back aknowledging my complaint but is as far as it went i heared no more from them and to be honest this was around the time i went into hospital with a heart attack and was told not to get stressed so at the time i was taking a back seat so to say
    ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
    ill post that letter here soon as i get back home
    Last edited by pompeyfaith; 1st October 2010, 11:15:AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

Marshallka has sent some figures, now, Turbo. I agree - let's treat each loan entirely separately for now, and join up any contiguous PPI at the final hurdle.

I have to say that we seem to be trying to assemble a pretty complex claim from what seems to be the flimsiest and patchiest amounts of random data. There are anomalies appearing as fast as we resolve others, it seems. The dates in the CAG spreadies don't seem to based on anything we have as data, and disagree with the data which we do have.

Personally, I think we are going to have to determine exactly what data PF has got, and organise it so we know what we have, and can use it properly. Can you do this, PF ?

OR - if 'What WE see is what YOU'VE got,' then I think we need to get the Co-Op to comply properly with the original DSAR, or send another one, and INSIST that they comply fully or risk prosecution.

If we really are serious about getting this - and the Co-Op - nailed, then I think we must be able to show that we have done a better job than they have. We need the data which they have. Sorry for the 'rant' - but it's like trying to build a mansion from a pile of rubble at present !!!

JMHO, though !!!

Comment

Way over my head, just thought I'd say I like Marshallka, and you two guys are doing a grand job
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

totally agree bill and i do appolozise i will go through my photobucket account this evening and put everthing i have here then we can decide what we still need to get from the bank
          i think a dsar is the way to go and also get the fos to force them to fully comply and as we do now know going by their latest offer there is enough to at least cover the loan i can make known that court action will follow if they do not comply
          yes Marshallka has helped me in the past and is a gem ame indeed i never forget those that are kind enough to help me with this so that goes to bill and TM to and many others
          Last edited by pompeyfaith; 1st October 2010, 15:12:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

sigpic

Comment

I have seen some of the work which Turbo has done with Marshallka and it sure looked good. It's great to have her helping us with this.

Comment

Right, just about to tuck into some good ol fish and chips wife will then be of to work so ill then get on to pc and past links to everything i have on here

Cheers All PF

sigpic

Comment

PF

Some of the basic confusion at the moment is us reconciling the number of payments you made (from your SS in this thread) with the time between the First Payment and the date Co-Op has said in your offer letter to "payments up to..."

The other 3 SS you posted in CAG (composite ones)--are they effectively the same as the 9 that you posted in this thread?

Whatever--PF--don't stress if its too much--say so --& me,Bill & Marshallka will just make a make a few assumtions from what we have

Turbo

Comment

Hiya Guys,

Right am ready now and at my trusty pc at last lol.

PF
                  Now the CAG SS best to throw them out the door and go by your ones as they are more true I have noticed.

The dates and number of payments on your ones would be correct.

PF

More to follow, but as you can see here if they cannot get there figures rights what hope does anyone else.

More to follow

Notice on this letter they have returned the sar fee chq saying i did not request a sar lol load of bull as i did send a sar letter was just there way of hiding from being found out.
                  Right there is more but they need scanning up so bear with me.

PF
                  Last edited by pompeyfaith; 1st October 2010, 18:06:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

sigpic

Comment

2 things so far, PF.

Unfortunately, many - or most - of the dates in our spreadies are based on the original CAG spreadies, so any inaccuracies in the CAG spreadies are now included in ours. This is why we need to get the ACTUAL data from the statements, and NOT the data from the CAG sheets. Most of the dates in the CAG sheets appear to be estimated, anyway.

And now, finally, I think we can see why you didn't get any data from your DSAR - because the DSAR was rejected for some reason. If you didn't make out the DSAR correctly (by following the guidelines for this) - then they can return your cheque and refuse to supply the data. Looks like we need to go right back to scratch by sending a DSAR again, and this time making sure it is correct and irrefutable.

Comment

ILL put up the SAR I sent to them ok

sigpic

Comment

That would be good, PF.

Here's the link to the DSAR template thread in here:

Legal Beagles Consumer Forum

Comment

Customer Feedback
                          Team 314
                          Cooperative Bank PLC
                          Po box 600
                          Skelmersdale
                          WN8 6GF

Date 15
                          th May 2008

DATA PROTECTION ACT 1998
                          SUBJECT ACCESS REQUEST

To

Data Controller

Account NOs 089081 22449872 80,81,80,83,84,81,85,82 & 83

Please supply me with a complete list of all Loans and Payment Protection Insurance Policies Inc copies of all loan agreements I have held with you. Please also supply the settlement figures used for all PPI and LOAN Accounts.

PLEASE SUPPLY FULL ACCOUNTABILITY TO THE SAID LOANS AND PPI AND NOT JUST A PRINT OFF OF PAYMENTS MADE AS PREVIOUSLY SUPPLIED TO ME.

1. Full copies of all contracts which you believe exist or have existed between myself and your organization, including true copies of any documents you hold in support of the same.

2. A complete list of all transactions or statements relating to ALL of my Loan Accounts with your organization.

3. Copies of all documents which include any of my personal information including copies of any contacts or invoices, emails or computer records containing my personal information, or any records which pertain to this information.

4. Full copies or transcripts of any correspondence in postal, email or any other format which you have entered into with any individual, organization or third party which contains my personal or financial, or which pertains to me.

5. Where any previous information or records held have been deleted or disposed of, the methods used to do so, including dates, certificates or references confirming details of destruction. Where you are unable to provide such certificates, please provide a declaration, signed by an authorised officer of your company, confirming the dates and methods of destruction of this data.

6. Full hard copy print outs of my personal or financial information, held in a digital, magnetic or any other format which is held in any archives, backups or other storage devices / locations.

IF YOU UNABLE TO DEAL WITH THIS REQUEST, YOU SHOULD IMMEDIATELY FORWARD IT TO THE PERSON WITHIN YOUR ORGANISATION RESPONSIBLE FOR DATA PROCECTION.

I look forward to hearing from you in the first instance of receipt.

Yours Sincerely

think that is quite clear
                          Last edited by pompeyfaith; 1st October 2010, 18:32:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

sigpic

Comment

Well, I have to admit - that sure looks like a DSAR to me !!

Did you reply to the letter they sent with the returned cheque, asking why they returned it and said you hadn't sent a DSAR ? If you have proof that they received it, then they breached the DPA by not complying, I reckon.

I guess we may have to assume that they 'lost' your DSAR, and send another one ASAP.

We're FINALLY getting somewhere with this, methinks.

Comment

Hi everyone, Sorry PF that you are still struggling along with this complaint. Just wanted to post "my" calculations for loan number 80 and exactly how I worked it out. This was assuming it was standalone loan and not refinanced and it goes as follows. My calculations are working the same as Co-op's (don't shoot me down, i am sorry for this!!) by about an £8 difference. I have listed the workings here and today I did loan number 84 for Turbo too. Hope it helps

You actually paid over to them 1324.20 (12 x 110.35) + 4310.38 (using rule 78 calculator) - rebate of insurance 514.53 = £5120.05 (their figure £5203.09)

If you had not had PPI it would look like this

You actually paid over to them 89.15 (being what the repayment would have been WITHOUT PPI) x 12 = 1069.80 + 3482.33 (settlement using rule 78) totalling £4552.13 (4643.45 their figure)

5120.05 - 4552.13 = £567.92 (My figures 12 months)
                              5203.09 - 4643.45 = £559.64 (Their figures if they were taken away correctly)
                              Difference of £8.28

Details of the loan I have calculated on

Loan Amount £4000
                              PPI Amount £951.11
                              APR 12.40%
                              Term 60 months
                              Repayment Amount 59 of £110.35 and 1 of £110.05
                              PPI Settlement was £514.53 in march 2003
                              Last edited by marshallka; 1st October 2010, 18:57:PM.

Comment

Hi Marshallka, and thank you for joining us here. Your help with this is indeed very much appreciated.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X